tax credit compliance check

foolmum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

omg just went on to my banking on line....the tax credits are still paying me....thought it would be stopped once i told them about husband....will have to phone mond ....blooming great thats all i need xxx

Hi foolmum

Hope its going ok, I felt much better when I wrote to them. I have finally today agreed a repayment plan with them and will be paying it off for years, till I retire :| but once my IVA finishes I am planning to get it paid off quicker and in the meantime will try pay extra amounts along the way. I am so relieved and I hope that is the end of it, its been a long 3 months and i can honestly say its been the scariest thing but HMRC have been more that reasonable, more than they need to be. There is light at the end of the tunnel and i can hopefully get back to getting my life in order. You will get there too, you have taken the biggest step.

xxxx

Hi foolmum

Hope its going ok, I felt much better when I wrote to them. I have finally today agreed a repayment plan with them and will be paying it off for years, till I retire :| but once my IVA finishes I am planning to get it paid off quicker and in the meantime will try pay extra amounts along the way. I am so relieved and I hope that is the end of it, its been a long 3 months and i can honestly say its been the scariest thing but HMRC have been more that reasonable, more than they need to be. There is light at the end of the tunnel and i can hopefully get back to getting my life in order. You will get there too, you have taken the biggest step.

r u repaying the overpayment and fine separate......cant they put it together xxc

lol those too.

they were much easier to deal with than i thought. they never asked me why it happened or made me feel bad for claiming, they certainly couldnt make me feel any worse than i did. I just said i wanted to sort repayment out, i answered what they asked, no more no less and never volunteered extra info. I think if you keep things simple they are ok, I kept myself humble and said i appreciate its a huge amount but i want to sort things out asap. from being on these forums i get the impression they seem to be more bothered about people who fight it, if you work with them i think they are more helpful and accommodating. its more common than you think, although you feel like you are the only one.

xx

thanks ng much appreciated.....but its just so scarey......ive not much money to live off now due to husbands iva but i just want it sorted....but i would rather know sooner than later about a fine....but like you it may just come through on its own.....ill be paying untill im older and greyer but at least i wont feel like i do now....sick...scared and ashamed xx

i have never been so scared in my life but i was making myself feel worse by worrying. they will probably want details of the iva they did with mine.they asked when the iva was finished and will expect extra payments after then but i do honestly think that they want to work with you, that is their best way of getting their money back, so dont overstratch yourselves, make sure you can afford the repayment no matter what, it has to be a priority. I used my income/expenditure from the iva as thats very comprehensive isnt it. the 1st step is the hardest and you are one step nearer to sorting it out. the fine came through with a letter saying they had completed their checks so you wont know about that until then.

keep me updated and please try not to worry too much

sam

x

one yr left on iva no equity in property so prob an extra yr....its not my iva its oh but can use the forms for a guide for outgoings...have already worked out once iva cleared i can up payments. do you think they

accept fifty pound a month xxx

i'm paying £20 so i would think so, depends on the size of the overpayment, would mention that you intend on increasing payments after the iva. i only started my iva last september so i have just over 4 or prob 5 yrs left. i would still mention the iva even if its your hubbys as the payments come out of the family income, they took my hubbys debt management plan into account too. they did ask roughly how much was outstanding on the iva and dmp too.

xx

Sorry to but in on your thread, but your problem seems similar to mine...

I have been claiming single person tax credits for 18 months due to my sons dad leaving, I have been left in debt as well as a child to raise on my own. This has not been an issue in any way, you get along because you have to, I juggle college and day to day things because that's life. Up until i recieved a letter...

I got a tax compliance letter, stating that I am claiming single person tax credits when there is another adult living here. There is not another adult living here, but I am now being asked to prove that there isn't, this isn't a problem as all bills, gas electric, tv license are all in my name, the problem is he is still on the tenancy agreement as no one was willing to rent to a single mother who is also a student, he agreed to say he was still living here in order to keep a roof over our heads. I don't get anything off my son's dad, he doesn't pay me anything and I don't ask him for anything, he comes when he wants, which isn't often and I let him stay if my son asks, this is only ever one night every so often.

The big issue is that my ex still has post delivered here, in spite of me sending it back and asking him to let companies know that he is no longer here they still keep coming. I have asked him to stop the post but I can't make him can I!? Without opening the letters and seeing who they are from and calling them what else can I do except keep on sending them back?

Please help me, I am sick with worry

have you phoned them yet....i would go to cab....but if like me i have had to send proof of bills..

.which i have......i know how scary it is.......the cab have told me this is all credit linked so any one else using address is showing up.....thinking of you xx

Hi guys , i can tell you all from personal experience you wont end up in prison, i went through the same thing and after sending all your documents in

the hmrc will just want their money and just set a repayment plan that you can afford .

I know it is not nice and i wish all you guys all the best with sorting it.

Believe me things will get better

xxx

• 2 weeks later...