tax credit compliance check

foolmum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please help me ive had a letter from them claiming a credit check shows my husband is living at this address and from 2011 to 2012 why didnt i make a joint claim...we have been separated for four yrs and last august he did come home after living every where.....i have no proof of this ... every bill apart from the morgage which comes from my bank and the secured loan which is comes from his is in my name oh and the shy which is in name comes from mine....help i know ive done wrong dont want to go to prison. he doesnt pay me any money as he pays the loan....what shall i do havent phoned yet as so ashamed x

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and welcome to CAG.

You're not alone in having this problem, we have plenty of threads about tax credits. I'll move your thread to the HMRC forum where the guys should be able to help you. It's worth having a read around of other threads to get an idea of how this works.

Fwiw, prison is rarely the outcome, but you do need to be honest with them.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

just phoned them.....i have to send proof of where rxcccc was living...cant as due to his iva he kept everything in my address....i know its my own fault what if they take my daughter and house off me xxx i cant pay back fifty pound a week. in iva and debt and house hold bills we pay 2200 pound thats without foofff

food and clothing and petrol household joint income is 3000 god help us.xxx

they just want my bills at present which i cant find all go from my bank account xxx feel so ashamed just praying they dont send me away..havent slept or eaten so scared.

...trying to email welsh water and my house insurance

OK, firstly calm down. HMRC rarely prosecute for tax credit overpayments, and as they're dealing with this without an interview under caution, it shows that prosecution is not their aim. In my experience HMRC will make arrangements to pay back overpayments over an extended period - you ask to make an arragement to pay in installments and they will normally ask you to complete an income and expenditure form if you say you can't afford what they want. CRB or welfare rights can help with this as you will need extra advice concerning how this fits in with the IVA. All you're looking at is paying this back over many years - and in the first instance, if you're still receiving tax credits, they'll take payments from that.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

so sorry but all i care about is my daughter i know its my own fault. ive worked out my own finances and it leaves three of us sixty pound a week to live off....husband works fifty miles away so needs car......xxx dont think we will qualify on a joint claim as we earn fifty five but the iva is 540 and the secured loan and mortgage is 970 xcc iva is husbands only so couldnt add it xx

so sorry but all i care about is my daughter i know its my own fault. ive worked out my own finances and it leaves three of us sixty pound a week to live off....husband works fifty miles away so needs car......xxx dont think we will qualify on a joint claim as we earn fifty five but the iva is 540 and the secured loan and mortgage is 970 xcc iva is husbands only so couldnt add it xx

Thank you to Estellyn for commenting.

foolmum, I'll alert the site team to your thread to see if anyone can give you some additional advice.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

well have told my family and close friends...dizzy spells in work...have e mailed gas and electric for copies of bills...god what if they prosicute me...i think i will visit the doctors as stress is causing pains in chest....i cant prove husbands lodgings so will just have to pay xxx husbands iva finishes in two yrs so wondered if they would take a minimum payment until then xxx im desparate cant sleep or eat ...

Listen calm down, they're not going to prosecute you, they want to recover. Don't offer any repayment amounts until you receive your overpayment letter.

Give them as much evidence as you have along with a covering letter, gather up bank statements, send all u have and then wait for their decision x

Stop worrying youll not lose your wee girl x

scotgal 

i know im thinking the worse but i didnt use the money to inprove my house or go on holiday it was used to live... when will i know if they will prosecute me or fine me god three thousand on top.cccc times like this as childish as it sounds god i wish my mum and dad where here.xcx

no have to send all gas elec in ... i just dont know what to do the letter said yrs 11 to 12 so it will be two yrs as we got back together due to getting on better.. i cant prove anything and the next letter could be a huge bill which i cant afford ti repay in full...just livingxxx i admitted i was wrong and wanted to repay she just asked me about credit taken out but hubby on an iva since 2007 so he cant get it omg what if they go back further ive no proof he lodged everywhere.xxx ive been so stupid they may send me to court xxx

stop worrying, i had to do all this and i had letters from where my ex was staying and it meant nothing as he just rented a room , he worked away and this was not enough proof, we still had a joint bank account with a huge over draft etc.

They wont send you to court all they are doing is gathering evidence and if u owe them any money just set a repayment plan up, that is what i had to do.

Believe me no point in making yourself ill, i did and ended up in hospital , and it is not worth it . if i knew back then what i know now, i would have just carried on , take care of yourself and your daughter.

You will be fine i promise ,xx

thank you folle im so scared. why did they send a letter i thought it was a knock on the door xxx im too scared to sleep i just keep thinking and praying....she asked about our joint account it was frozen as part of the iva in 2007 i thought they would have known that..im trying to be normal in work so ashamed xxxc