tax credit compliance check

foolmum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You must stop worrying you will make yourself ill, all the contact was through phone and letter , have you been to CAB , they phoned on my behalf .

Then they said i should fight my case as it was so unfair, but like you i got myself in such a state, just wanted it sorted , but wish i had.

Why should people pay back money they are entitled to , everyone's case is different, but this forum gives very good advice.

Dont feel ashamed.

Just stop worrying :) xx

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but my partner did move back in august 2012 and i didnt tell them as we tried to clear debt so i am in the wrong for that so why should they believe me im too weak to argue when the evidence ie all his mail was still at my address i just still loved him and said it was ok as he wasnt living here..for six months i kept expecting a knock at the door not conected through credit checks

all you can do is give them what they have asked and set up a repayment plan if and when they get back to you.

Believe me you will get through this.

I was like you , i had 10 weeks off work , doped up on drugs had doctors coming to see me and !

You will be fine. You will not go to court.

:-)

god i think im going to die of fright just want to sleep and not wake up .... i know this will take ages to sort out but its going to be about nine thousand without the penalty blood hell ...sorry for being rude thats if its only the two yrs xxx

its five thiry in the morning and the stress is making me vomit.....i keep thinking they are going to throw the book at me i have months of this yet. will i hear anything before the deadline for sending in the bills and stuff..i want to just die omg please let it be ok

will have to get a evening job but i work full time and dont know how many of them r about....ive been such an idiot now know it wasnt worth it...desparate...i have to send in a covering letter in with the paperwork.. will it help to say i admit my wrong doing and will pay back all the money...god how much weight can u loose in five days if i cary on like this my 13 year old daughter will know something is wrong..im scared to open my post box in case there is a letter saying they r going down the criminal road xx all what has been said in other threads shows i have no proof of husbands addresses in the 2011 to 2012 years so its two years to payback not six months plus penalty and interest ...i didnt think i was doing anything wrong by letting him use the address ....god please someone help me...i m finding hard even to get the energy for a shower..got to go to work need the money but my head is all over the place......think im better off dead....cx

Edited by foolmum

its five thiry in the morning and the stress is making me vomit.....i keep thinking they are going to throw the book at me i have months of this yet. will i hear anything before the deadline for sending in the bills and stuff..i want to just die omg please let it be ok

I want you to understand that no one can do nothing more to you than you are doing to yourself. Do not beat your self up. Your health is more important than money or material possessions..

Hi I think you should take the advice given,

Youre not going to jail

£9000 is not a massive overpayment compared to others in the same boat. You can only pay off what you can afford. HMRC will not force you into further hardship.

You will need to gather as much evidence as you can

Stick to your story, if they don't find in your favour, it will be treated as not reporting a change.

Don't offer any info about years they are not investigating.

Don't assume anything until you get your decision back. x

scotgal 

i know i am being hard on myself but im on my own a lot and i just keep thiking ive done the phone call i have contacted gas and electric. house insrance for bill copies all come out of my account in my name....god i dont believe me xx wish i could get a grip and be strong but i cant i cant thank people enough on here for their support and replies if it wasnt for folle last night i think i woulld have done something stupid reading her story helped xxx

I know you're going out of your mind with worry, but ConsumerDude is right, the punishment your meting on yourself is far far worse than any you'll get of HMRC. I feel so sorry for you and I wish I could offer you more in the way of support, but I'm telling you and overpayment is all that will happen. Go on the site NetMums, there are hundreds of posts more or less the same as yours - they might be able to provide you with more emotional support x

Go to your doctor and speak to them about your anxieties- please xxx

scotgal 

i know but i dont want my works to know im ashamed the doctor will think bad of me pray its just over payment feel alone and i know im to blame.....thankyou think ive cried so much husband is standing by me and so is my sister but what will this do to my daughter.....god xx

Your daughter doesn't need to know, but if you don't seek help she will know there's something wrong. Your doctor won't judge you, believe me. He's there to offer support and help. Your mind is in overdrive and your not thinking straight xx

scotgal 

i know your right im off tues so docs and cab i think...it is just hard to get time off work but im off half term week so as soon as i send info off ill contact cab. is it natural to be so scared xxx

thanks scotsgal i know i need to survive this once i know which route they will go down i will cope with the rest just so scared of court and worse prison. i know i have to repay and will ...once i send my docs in ill find out or maybe this week a letter telling me the worst