Can Rossendales refuse all we can afford to pay?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, we currently owe rossendales for council tax the bailiff has been round but we havnt let them in or signed anything etc we paid £100 over 3 weeks as my partner did lots of overtime but now it has finished we have offered what we can afford which was £50a week but he refused and said it has to be £80 or one of US will go to prison obviously we don't want this to happen but can't afford 80 a week can anyone give me any advice on if they can do this thank you x x

More lies from these ****. You will not go to prison, prison is for those that refuse to pay not those who can't pay.

Don't pay the bailiffs anything, pay it directly to the council.

The experts on bailiffs will be here soon and sort this out for you.

I've changed your subject heading to 'all you can afford'.

Edited by Conniff

it has to be £80 or one of US will go to prison :lol::lol:

Good old tossendales talking dribble again

as above payments direct to council on line using correct reference number

Deny bailiffs a levy keep them out of your property if you have a car garage/tuck it away to prevent any levy on it

There is NO right of entry for the bailiffs you do not need to let them in or speak to them

hope for some rain and wave to them through the window if they return

It may be a good idea to write to the council and tell them as there agent is refusing payment you will now make all payments direct to the council

Edited by i hate bailiffs
  • Confused 1

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

If and when they do return, as return they will looking to garner fees, make sure you have done as already advised by I hate bailiffs. They cannot force entry, or cart anyone off to prison, DO NOT let them in no matter what carp issues from their foul mouths, there is no law that says you have to deal with a bailiff, deny them a levy and the most they can legally charge is £42.50 for a first and second visit fee, that is all, they get if they have no levy, no matter how many times they call.

It may be a good idea to film them even with a mobile phone to capture any threats they spout that may come in handy for any Formal Complaint, into dossers handling of your case, to wipe the smile from the egregious Julie Green-Jones's face. They cannot prevent you from filming them on your property no matter what rubbish they spout about needing "their" permission, data protection human rights, wrong day, etc etc ad nauseum, it's all carp, you are ok to film them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

My partner is ringing council tomorrow to explain to them so I'll keep you informed thank you again x

Be prepared for the council to fob you off and tell you to deal with the bailiff, you could tell them you are going to pay £x every week, or whatever directly to them, if they say they cannot take a payment, explain that the Regulations forbid them from refusing a lawfully tendered payment, and if you go to the council office get the person at the counter to sign a refusal. this will come in handy for the Formal Complaint you may need to send in later. Tell the council that you are paying them direct as you cannot trust Rossendales to deal fairly with you as they are refusing an affordable payment from you and unlawfully threatening you with prison if you don't pay what they are demanding.

Edited by brassnecked

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

My partner is ringing council tomorrow to explain to them so I'll keep you informed thank you again x

You will get told it is in the hands of the bailiffs and there is nothing we can do to

they cant refuse payment

do it online as suggested

at this point bailiffs will want to make arrangements with you to pay the debt back

They will insist on a levy to make arrangements to pay,set the payments high more then you can afford(otherwise you will go to prison NOT)

if you are a day late they will charge you a van attendance fee of around £180

regardless of what council say pay them direct legitimate bailiff fees can be paid to council to pass on to tossendales

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

It is a breach of their OFT Licence, per se, for Rossendales to force or try to force you to pay more than you can reasonably or realistically afford to pay. I would be inclined to report this to OFT Credit Fitness Team and your local Trading Standards.

Rossendales' OFT Licence Number is 0594823.

OFT Debt Collection Guidelines (2011).pdf

Thank you for that form I will report them for that then if they are not allowed no we don't have any problems in family and we don't get any benefits and I'm not pregnant so I can't use any of that but thank you. X x

The more people who report bailiff companies to OFT Credit Fitness Team and Trading Standards, the quicker OFT can see what is happening and do something about it, i.e. attach requirements to the licence or refuse to renew or revoke it. If a bailiff company loses its OFT Licence, this can be catastrophic as it prevents them from collecting any consumer debt they collect and puts any public debt contracts they may hold in jeopardy as many require bailiff companies tendering for public debt contracts to hold a current OFT Licence as a condition of tender/contract.

Do the right thing, pick up the phone, phone OFT report dossendales to the OFT for yet another breach, see if we can make 2013 the year Julie Green-Jones, sees the enormity of her bailiffs misdeeds, and feels the pain her lackies inflict on hapless and vulnerable debtors, who could end up as badly off due to a never ending cycle of fees and defaults as if they were in a Wonga.com debt spiral.

You are better reporting bailiff companies to OFT by email. I've attached the relevant guide to this post. I have a feeling that 2013 may well be the year the Civil Enforcement Industry executes its last Distress Warrant. Oh, don't forget to cpy the OFT complaint email to trading Standards. As a certain supermarket operator's slogan says, "Every little helps."

OFT Debt Collection Guidelines (2011).pdf

You are better reporting bailiff companies to OFT by email. I've attached the relevant guide to this post. I have a feeling that 2013 may well be the year the Civil Enforcement Industry executes its last Distress Warrant. Oh, don't forget to cpy the OFT complaint email to trading Standards. As a certain supermarket operator's slogan says, "Every little helps."

Yes you are right, but i can't see the government ending distress as a remedy anytime soon, but taking Certificated bailiffs out of the equation would certainly help

I think the late Lord Denning hit the nail on the head when he advocated the abolition of distress in favour of Attachment of Earnings and Attachment of Benefits Orders. I feel the reason the politicians have dragged their heels over taking the problem of the civil enforcement industry by the horns is intense lobbying by the civil enforcement industry, itself, and the debt collection industry, another lot I'd like to put on a list for an early crucifixion.

Putting certificated bailiff companies into compulsory liquidation or, better still, closing them down in the public interest, would, in my opinion, be a sensible short-term measure, phasing out HCEOs and leaving Court Bailiffs and Warrant Officers in the medium to long-term. The private sector, all too often, stands for three things, when put in charge of public functions - Corner-Cutting, Cheating and Corruption. Ban the private sector from running public functions. At last the Americans have woken up to the fact that our NHS is far more superior to the mess they have and costs half of what it costs the US Government and American people. Believe it or not, they are actually talking of using the NHS as a basis for a reformed US healthcare system. That is something, coming from the Land of the Fast Buck. I bet the US-based health insurance companies will be well p*ssed-off about it, especially if the US Government does decide to follow the NHS model.

Did you contact the council today?

Good advice given so far.

Just dont give the bailiff a chance to levy, in that way you will keep cost's down. I would pay, on line, to the council using their on line payment facility. email them to let them know that this is what you are doing.

Every time you make a payment, inform them. Send screen shot to make sure they get it. They cannot state you will go to prison, they cant make that decision anyway, thats up to a court not them.

If you are paying direct, and keep proofs, and dossers keep threatening prison they are ultera vires and it can go into a complaint.

@oldbill, "I think the late Lord Denning hit the nail on the head when he advocated the abolition of distresslink3.gif in favour of Attachment of Earnings and Attachment of Benefits Orders. I feel the reason the politicians have dragged their heels over taking the problem of the civil enforcement industry by the horns is intense lobbying by the civil enforcement industry, itself, and the debt collectionlink3.gif industry, another lot I'd like to put on a list for an early crucifixion.

Putting certificatedlink3.gif bailiff companies into compulsory liquidation or, better still, closing them down in the public interestlink3.gif, would, in my opinion, be a sensible short-term measure, phasing out HCEOs and leaving Court bailiffslink3.gif and Warrant Officers in the medium to long-term. The private sector, all too often, stands for three things, when put in charge of public functions - Corner-Cutting, Cheating and Corruption. Ban the private sector from running public functions".

Most definitely, perhaps this ought to be the theme of that project, ending distress, and exploring alternatives, and the Certificated Private Bailiff companies can argue for their existence on camera!