Welcome Finance any dealings???

falcon185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Tooly,

firstly I would send them an SAR, they have 40 days to send you all statements etc that they hold on you on your account, once you have all the documentation you can go through it and work out exactly what you have paid in PPI etc, then post back here for further info. Theres lots of people on this forum that will be able to assist, so please dont think you are on your own :-D

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi falcon

I sent an SAR and CCA to Welcome Finance as you advised me. I have not recieved a response from Welcome Finance. The 14 day deadline for the CCA was up yesterday so I am in the middle of writing another letter to them advising them that as they have not responded I shall be putting the account into dispute and will be witholding payment to them. I suspect that I didn't not sign an agreement with them for the modified finance or they have lost it, as the only response I've had from them before I sent them an SAR and CCA was an invite to the office to discuss the request for the agreement for the modified finance.

Just thought I would keep yourself and the thread updated with what I'm going through so far.

Cheers

Adienotts

Hi Tooly,

firstly I would send them an SAR, they have 40 days to send you all statements etc that they hold on you on your account, once you have all the documentation you can go through it and work out exactly what you have paid in PPI etc, then post back here for further info. Theres lots of people on this forum that will be able to assist, so please dont think you are on your own :-D

How would you go about working out interest caused as a direct result of PPI????

Hi Adie,

with the 12 days +2 for the CCA expired I would withhold payments as they have not conformed to the CCA request, I would also wait for the one calendar month until they have committed an offence then advise them. With the SAR they have 40 days to comply, if your still within your 40 days time frame you could always give them a quick ring and tell them the clock is still ticking. ( I did, see the buggers flap then ) ;-)

As for not signing an agreement for the modified finance I would be inclined to argue the fact that no agreement signed = no finance owed. Only on the original agreement would money be owed if they still have it?

Tanz,

thats the reason I advised Tooly to post back once all the info had been received, by then someone will have worked it out hopefully and posted it on here. Nice to see the (un)Welcome Freedom fighters are still around guys ;-)

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

Hi Falcon,

Thanks for your reply,i shall commence proceedings asap and post back with developments.I'm glad that welcome finance have been targeted in this way because i dont think i would ever had the initiative or know how to go after them,i have been kicking myself for years for borrowing from them,they are just legalised loan sharks and its good people are seeing this.

Thanks again for your help and i will keep you's updated

Tooly

How would you go about working out interest caused as a direct result of PPI????

Hopefully you should receive a copy of your agreement in with the SAR that would show what you have been charged and for what. If you dont receive it, Then a CCA request should provide you with a copy but, dont hold your breath!

They only replied to my CCA request after numerous calls and letters and after they had commited an offence. In fact what they sent really wouldnt constitute an executed agreement under the terms prescribed in the CCA so effectively they havn't complied at all and they're now into 100 days plus!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read throught the

FAQ's and when your ready, start a thread in your banks forum to keep us all updated!

If the information I have provided is useful, please click the scales!

Hopefully you should receive a copy of your agreement in with the SAR that would show what you have been charged and for what. If you dont receive it, Then a CCA request should provide you with a copy but, dont hold your breath!

They only replied to my CCA request after numerous calls and letters and after they had commited an offence. In fact what they sent really wouldnt constitute an executed agreement under the terms prescribed in the CCA so effectively they havn't complied at all and they're now into 100 days plus!!

Hi smoothy,

Yes I have that, however my statement show PPI amounts what I want to know is because of these amounts (also as they are usually paid of first then interest before the actual loan amount reduces in any way) How would you calculate how much interest has been added as a direct result of the mis-sold PPI?

Tanz

Depending on the agreement type you have, it may be in a seperate box under the heading Agreement for Optional insurance. If it is, it should also have a box designating the APR for the optional extras. Find the value off your PPI and use their rate to calculate how much you've been charged. If it doesnt have a seperate area, the amount you have been charged for the PPI MUST be listed on the original agreement else, how would you know you had it!!!....if its not there, then you may not be covered and its time to call (un)Welcome and query it!

Although, when you received the reply to your SAR , it should be listed at the very start of the statments.

Hope this helps

Smoothy

• Haha 1

Read throught the

FAQ's and when your ready, start a thread in your banks forum to keep us all updated!

Hi,

a lot of people have been caught out like that, the PPI is done through a company called Direct Insurance I believe, a lot of people sold the PPI have contacted Direct Ins only to be told there is no policy in their name, make sure you go through your documents with a fine toothed comb. If its a joint application make sure you are BOTH covered on it, others have tried to claim under the PPI only to be told they are not covered but their partner is. Another ploy to minimize payments to clients so it seems.

Hi all - been away for a while for various reasons (mainly laziness!!) but reckon its about time i started fighting Welcome again. To re-cap, Welcome supplied me with a 'copy of what the agreement would have looked like' - unsigned, etc. & nothing more in response to my CCA (made in November last year). In response to requests for a signed copy, all i got was a 'we're looking into it' letter back in January. Basically, they havent got a signed copy but won't admit it. Obviously they are well over the time limits permitted (by two months!). In response to my SAR, all i ever got was a statement. They passed the buck on the PPI saying it wasn't down to them. Anyway, thats where i am. What now? I need to get them to admit they havent got a signed agreement & i also want details on PPI - its up to them as far as i'm concerned. I dont care what the relationship is with Direct - i bought off them. Any advice on all this please?

I had an 'ammended' agreement done and have the agreement number but never received a copy of the agreement. Does this mean they could knock one up and send it to me, therefore putting them in the driving seat :confused:

In the poop without a scoop....

Hi all - been away for a while for various reasons (mainly laziness!!) but reckon its about time i started fighting Welcome again. To re-cap, Welcome supplied me with a 'copy of what the agreement would have looked like' - unsigned, etc. & nothing more in response to my CCA (made in November last year). In response to requests for a signed copy, all i got was a 'we're looking into it' letter back in January. Basically, they havent got a signed copy but won't admit it. Obviously they are well over the time limits permitted (by two months!). In response to my SAR, all i ever got was a statement. They passed the buck on the PPI saying it wasn't down to them. Anyway, thats where i am. What now? I need to get them to admit they havent got a signed agreement & i also want details on PPI - its up to them as far as i'm concerned. I dont care what the relationship is with Direct - i bought off them. Any advice on all this please?

Hi ya Soli!

Well since a while has past since you contacted them, maybe an update letter to (un)Welcome explaining their misgivings and giving them a chance to resolve the situation before you proceed with court action may be an idea?!

Good to see you back!

Smoothy

Read throught the

I had an 'ammended' agreement done and have the agreement number but never received a copy of the agreement. Does this mean they could knock one up and send it to me, therefore putting them in the driving seat :confused:

Was this ammended agreement done on their premises in your prescence?

And did you sign anything or just take their word for it?

Read throught the

Hi ya Soli!

Well since a while has past since you contacted them, maybe an update letter to (un)Welcome explaining their misgivings and giving them a chance to resolve the situation before you proceed with court action may be an idea?!

Good to see you back!

Smoothy

Thats the plan. They're well over the time limits & not chasing, but the 'debt' is still live and i want that changing. funnily enough, I have a similar argument going on for a much smaller amount with another company & their DCA (who are agin way over permitted limits) suddenly wrote to me offering me the chance to make a one-off payment to clear it - even tho the debt has now been unenforceable for three months! They never learn or give up do they? LOL.

Welcome more like welcome to my money forever.....

Like everybody who has gone to welcome I went to them as nobody else would help. Due to the illegal actions of my then bank I missed a few payments, to cut a long story short they offered me another loan to cover my account (initial loan, interest and charges) at 1% interest, this allowed my monthly payments to become less but extended my repayments.

Now I realise I was a bit naive but at the time things were a bit desperate and I agreed as I couldn't see any way out. Financially things haven't improved greatly and am still having problems repaying the loan although I can now see a little light at the end of the tunnel. Getting Welcome off my back woul bring that light a lot closer

Any advice as to what I should do appreciated

Geordie 101

Welcome more like welcome to my money forever.....

Like everybody who has gone to welcome I went to them as nobody else would help. Due to the illegal actions of my then bank I missed a few payments, to cut a long story short they offered me another loan to cover my account (initial loan, interest and charges) at 1% interest, this allowed my monthly payments to become less but extended my repayments.

Now I realise I was a bit naive but at the time things were a bit desperate and I agreed as I couldn't see any way out. Financially things haven't improved greatly and am still having problems repaying the loan although I can now see a little light at the end of the tunnel. Getting Welcome off my back woul bring that light a lot closer

Any advice as to what I should do appreciated

Geordie 101

Hi Geordie and welcom to the (un)Welcom thread!

Just a few questions to get a bit more info tho...

How long ago did you refinance?

Did you receive a copy of your new agreement?

On your old agreement, were there charges that (un)Welcome had applied to your account? (late payment charges or bounced Direct Debits?)

Have you had charges applied to your new agreement?

The first step would be to send (un)Welcome a SAR . Send this to their head office via recorded delivery and with a £10 postal order. They have 40 days to comply from the day they receive it. You can check on Royal Mails website when it is signed for and start counting the days.

In the meantime have a good look around the site. You will glean valuable information on nearly every thread. This in turn will help make you aware of what may lie ahead.

If you ever have doubts, queries or just want to let off steam, then try out the chatroom. There is nearly always someone in there that will help.

Welcome and good luck.

Smoothy

Read throught the

hi all what a fab thread well to cut a long story short mt b/f took aot a loan for £2000 he lost his job could not make payments, when he was back in work he agreed over the phone to make a payment which he did and he asked to set up new d/d they said they would call him bak in jan 07 as the payment he made covered him till then.

he then received soliciters letter for debt £5600?? god knows where the figure has come from he called welcome again spoke to the same rep and was told there had been a mistake and to ignore soliciters letter.

then he got letter from court 27/01/07 sayong he now had a ccj against him for the debt £5600, he has now received a letter from the county court saying its going to court 02/04/07 to have a charge put on the property we jointly own.

any suggestions would be great?

hi all what a fab thread well to cut a long story short mt b/f took aot a loan for £2000 he lost his job could not make payments, when he was back in work he agreed over the phone to make a payment which he did and he asked to set up new d/d they said they would call him bak in jan 07 as the payment he made covered him till then.

he then received soliciters letter for debt £5600?? god knows where the figure has come from he called welcome again spoke to the same rep and was told there had been a mistake and to ignore soliciters letter.

then he got letter from court 27/01/07 sayong he now had a ccj against him for the debt £5600, he has now received a letter from the county court saying its going to court 02/04/07 to have a charge put on the property we jointly own.

any suggestions would be great?

The best suggestion is put make EVERYTHING is in writing..you can't trust anything any DCA says....I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will be here soon to help...You'll need to send a SAR for certain.

Just hate every DCA out there

Hi Geordie and welcom to the (un)Welcom thread!

Just a few questions to get a bit more info tho...

How long ago did you refinance?

Did you receive a copy of your new agreement?

On your old agreement, were there charges that (un)Welcome had applied to your account? (late payment charges or bounced Direct Debits?)

Have you had charges applied to your new agreement?

The first step would be to send (un)Welcome a SAR . Send this to their head office via recorded delivery and with a £10 postal order. They have 40 days to comply from the day they receive it. You can check on Royal Mails website when it is signed for and start counting the days.

In the meantime have a good look around the site. You will glean valuable information on nearly every thread. This in turn will help make you aware of what may lie ahead.

If you ever have doubts, queries or just want to let off steam, then try out the chatroom. There is nearly always someone in there that will help.

Welcome and good luck.

Smoothy

Thanks Smoothy, will send for the SAR. I'm certain they've added lots of charges. As soon as I get the SAR back hopefully I'll know how much!!!

Geordie 101

Hi All,

Its now been 24 days since I sent a CCA and SAR Request to Welcome Finance. Still haven't heard anything from them. I am now wondering whether or not I should have sent these requests to Welcome's Head Office rather than the Branch Manager at my local branch. I did get a response from her a while back but it was inviting me into the office to discuss my request for a copy of the agreement for my modified finance.

Not sure what to do now, shall I send another SAR and CCA Request to the head office? or shall I just stick to my guns and leave the situation as it is?

I did send a letter to my local branch manager advising that I will be withholding any further payments until the situation is rectified.

Would be grateful for any further advise.

Many thanks

Adienotts

Hi Adienotts,

I take it you sent it by recorded deliver so you have evidence when they received it? Local branch should forward the requests to head office as they are formal requests.

I would just send them a courtesy letter letting them know the clock is ticking and that they have failed to comply with your requests.

Once they hit 12 days + one calender month (for CCA request and 40 days for SAR )....the fat lady starts warming up her vocal cords.....

Read throught the

No probs

Read throught the