Welcome Finance any dealings???

falcon185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Even more interesting, the last filed accounts for "old" Welcome/"new" Progressive.

Accounts filed in June 2006 for year ending 31 December 2005 - apparently during that financial year, Welcome had no employees and did not enter into any cash transactions in 2004 or 2005, all borrowings/liabilities were transferred "intra group" and all dividends/tax liabilities were settled with money borrowed "intra group".

I'm going to stop reading documents and carry on tomorrow at work - I'm up at 6.30 bright and early!

There are 20 PDF files in all, totalling 130 pages - if anyone's e-mail inbox can handle it, PM me tomorrow with your e-mail address.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi falcon185 i have not made any action against them but you better be ready for a hard figth because they are financial sharks and gona use everything they can for delayng the process and make you wast your time you must not let them rest be always on top of them good luck

I sent my letter to Welcome with a couple of minor amendments - faxed it to the Local Collections Unit in Stockport, to Sean Mahon (Chief Executive, Cattles plc) in Batley and to Welcome's offices in Nottingham - let's see what response I get!

omg how confusing? i have been looking over the copys of my partners agreements and cannot find the number to match the company? it says broker number 30007439 welcome financial services a division of progressive financial services ltd.

but the broker number does not match up to the ones dna has kindly found???

confused

omg how confusing? i have been looking over the copys of my partners agreements and cannot find the number to match the company? it says broker number 30007439 welcome financial services a division of progressive financial services ltd.

but the broker number does not match up to the ones dna has kindly found???

confused

Very confusing! When was the agreement dated?

Indeed this is very confusing. To my mind the only possible explanation for them changing the company name and filing nil accounts would be to defraud the tax office. But they wouldnt stoop to do that ...... would they?

I do believe that this needs further investigation though.

I raised the initial enquiry back in december about them changing their name and it looks like it has been done on quite a few occasions in the past.

The more people that question this practise, the more we may find out!

Smoothy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read throught the

FAQ's and when your ready, start a thread in your banks forum to keep us all updated!

If the information I have provided is useful, please click the scales!

Hello all,

Sorry i've been away for so long - Work / home / holidays etc you know how it is!

Anyway, just thought i'd give a boost to anyone after ppi with Welcome - I argued that the ppi was mis-sold, when pressed, they couldn't come up with the paperwork and after a LBA, they offered me a full refund of 3 ppi policies going back to 4 years ago. I could have took them to MCLO and got interest too, but decided not to push too far, plus i needed the cash!!

I accepted their offer in writing with the condition that if i was not holding the cheque within seven days, i would stick to my original timescales and court threats. Cheque was in the bank before the ink was dry!

I stuck to all time scales ridgidly, ignored all their fob off letters and sent everything 'special delivery'.

Good luck to all you welcome chasers!

Halifax

Beaten twice!

Aktiv capital default

Removed!

Thames Credit default

Removed!

Barclaycard Default

Removed!

Welcome Finance PPI

Paid in full after LBA

Ex-wifes Barclays

Beaten!

Hello all,

Sorry i've been away for so long - Work / home / holidays etc you know how it is!

Anyway, just thought i'd give a boost to anyone after ppi with Welcome - I argued that the ppi was mis-sold, when pressed, they couldn't come up with the paperwork and after a LBA, they offered me a full refund of 3 ppi policies going back to 4 years ago. I could have took them to MCLO and got interest too, but decided not to push too far, plus i needed the cash!!

I accepted their offer in writing with the condition that if i was not holding the cheque within seven days, i would stick to my original timescales and court threats. Cheque was in the bank before the ink was dry!

I stuck to all time scales ridgidly, ignored all their fob off letters and sent everything 'special delivery'.

Good luck to all you welcome chasers!

How'd you do that!! They dont have my paper work either to prove i ever signed for PPI yet have still let me take them to court... I'm still waiting for their defence (which seems to be taking a hell of alot longer than Itsmes did to come through!) Maybe they are still looking for the agreement.... lol

£914.00 unfair bank charges recovered from NatWest after 1st letter :)

£255.00 unfair bank charges recovered from RBS after 1st letter :)

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Woolwich 2 defaults removed, 1 ccj removed. My credit file is now clean :D

How'd you do that!! They dont have my paper work either to prove i ever signed for PPI yet have still let me take them to court... I'm still waiting for their defence (which seems to be taking a hell of alot longer than Itsmes did to come through!) Maybe they are still looking for the agreement.... lol

What you mean you didnt get a dodgy one sided photocopy that they told me was standard practice as they have them all stored on disc and therefore cant send the original?!!!!

Read throught the

FAQ's and when your ready, start a thread in your banks forum to keep us all updated!

the hp agreement is dated 21/03/04 broker number 30007439 welcome financial services (a division of progressive financial services ltd)

the loan agreement has no broker number onbut says progressive financial services limited ( trading as welcome financial services) and is dated 05/12/06

i do not understand all these differant companies please help?

also they are really bad one sided photo copies of the original that is questionable as i have a letter from manager saying the loan was from 12/12/06 but the agreement says 05/12/06 oh dear also the agreement has the wrong house number, there is no date on where the signature of my partner has been put, could somebody at welcome made this agreement up??? i would not putting nothing past these crooks.

Welcome Finance my favourite, i took out a loan with them about 4 years ago the orginal loan was only for £1000, in April last year after paying the money back each month without fail i called to find out how much was left as id been paying it forever, i got a letter in the post saying i had defaulted and the outstanding balance was £2200 as you can imagine i went mad, they ignored all my letter my SAR etc until one day had enough found out they were regulated by the FSA and contacted the FLA printed off the complaints form on there filled it out sent it back along with the letters id sent to Welcome and what do you know 4 weeks later i get a letter back from the FLA with a copy of a letter from Welcome they have as a 'Good Will Gesture' settled my account and closed it without any outstanding balance the cheeky buggers cant get away with it so i suggest you people having problems with them do the same there web address is www.fla.org.uk they sorted mine out!

Nationwide Won - £2000 :D

Barclay Card - Hearing Date 14/08/07 :???:

Capital One - N1 Filed ;)

the hp agreement is dated 21/03/04 broker number 30007439 welcome financial services (a division of progressive financial services ltd)

the loan agreement has no broker number onbut says progressive financial services limited ( trading as welcome financial services) and is dated 05/12/06

i do not understand all these differant companies please help?

also they are really bad one sided photo copies of the original that is questionable as i have a letter from manager saying the loan was from 12/12/06 but the agreement says 05/12/06 oh dear also the agreement has the wrong house number, there is no date on where the signature of my partner has been put, could somebody at welcome made this agreement up??? i would not putting nothing past these crooks.

So the HP agreement on their part is "Progressive Financial Services Limited trading as Welcome Financial Services" and is dated 21 March 2004. In that case, on 1 December 2006 when Progressive Financial Services Limited changed their name to Welcome Financial Services Limited, you should be pursuing Welcome Financial Services Limited for any dispute on the HP agreement.

With regard to the loan agreement dated 5 December 2006 from "Progressive Financial Services Limited trading as Welcome Financial Services" despite the discrepancies on the agreement - you are dealing on this agreement with what used to be called "Welcome Financial Services Limited" which is the company I'm up against!

Could I make a general suggestion that we all direct our claims to Sean Mahon, the Chief Executive of Cattles plc (being the parent company of all these bastard companies) at the Kingston House address - cut out the middle men and go for the jugular.

thanks dna ur a star, i will send my lba to the kingston house one, see if i get any sense, i have wrote three letters of compalint to the nottingham address and just keep getting letters of apology from a menager. not good enough.

we want the ppi back as my partner was self-employed and when he was off work cound not claim as there is a clause in the ppi that does not cover self employed.

they have added over £700 in charges for phones calls etc even though they did not even have our phone number as we changed it.

they say ther charges are in line with what it costs them to deal with it, so i have wrote a letter back saying please provide me with a breakdown of ur costs ie home visits which we never had, phone calls we never had??

what a nightmare i will be glad when its over, how they have got away with what they do for so long is beyond me.

i have done an online complaint to watchdog maybe if they get a lot about welcome they might investigate them, i would suggest everybody does one.

I have spoken to Welcome Finanace today and they have given me a list of my loan agreement numbers and the web address to send a request for copies of my statements going back to my first loan with them. After I had been given my agreement numbers, the lad I was talking to change his tone slightly when asking why I wanted copies and I just bluffed him - I asked if there was a charge for this and he told me that there wasn't. I sent me request to leicester2270@wfs.co.uk - for those who may live in the leicester area. This will be passed on to the branch manager who will sort this out - hope this info helps anyone.

Going through some old paperwork today and found the car insurance docs for my car.

Something interesting is on here.

I thought the signuture and date were a little funny.

Wrong Date - i purchased the car the week before i have been sent a copy of an agreement - but how did my sig end up on it!

Trading standards here i come

SBFIDO

Accredited Member of the CIEH

No more will I be bullied or harassed.

When informed that the call is recorded for training and monitoring I always say I don't want it used for training. :razz:

I always ask for the ICO registration information - they often dont have it, shame i never discuss my personal data unless I know they comply with the DPA.

Finally I always record calls and state at the start of there call. Although I don't have too.

sbfido,

if you are correct, forget trading standards, you should be going to the Police, this appears to be fraud!!!!

This would be a criminal matter and treated as such. IMHO

Barry

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

I have tried to VT my agreement with Welcome Car Finance recently and got a phone call on Wednesday from local branch of Welcome to say that my agreement can not be VT'd. I have checked the paperwork and sure enough, it does say that "you have no right to cancel this agreement under the consumer credit act 1974, the timeshare act 1992 or the Financial services (distance marketing) regulations 2004."

I had not been told of this when signing the agreement.

Is this correct?

Cheers

IF

Hello guys..one couple of points from me: they included Ac.fee in the total and than put an intrest on it? is it legal?i do not think so..because it's an admin fee..and if you agreement is for 6 or more years..it does affect it..

Now, in my agreement i do not have the total amount of the loan and APR and i mean the total amount that i have to pay at the and of the loan agreement..Now i have seen an other agreement and it has Finance Charge(APR on the top of the loan or PPI) included..Mine doesn't have it...on my agreement you can't see anywear how much i should pay on the top of the loan amount...( apart of 36 payments of £193.35)

have you got similar agreements?

regards,

Maria

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

I have tried to VT my agreement with Welcome Car Finance recently and got a phone call on Wednesday from local branch of Welcome to say that my agreement can not be VT'd. I have checked the paperwork and sure enough, it does say that "you have no right to cancel this agreement under the consumer credit act 1974, the timeshare act 1992 or the Financial services (distance marketing) regulations 2004."

I had not been told of this when signing the agreement.

Is this correct?

Cheers

IF

If you signed the agreement on trade premises, you dont have the right to a cooling off period in which time you can return the goods and no payment is due (which is completely unfair IMO but sadly its true)

BUT... you should have a box on your agreement that says "Your rights to cancel" In that box should be an amount equal to half of the agreement total. It will state something like "You can cancel this agreement and return the goods if you have paid at least the amount in this box"

If this is not on your agreement then I would assume the agreement unenforceable as it does not include ALL prescribed terms. Go through the agreement closely, if you can scan it in to your pc and use a host such as Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket to upload your agreement to then post it here. My knowledge of prescribed terms is limited so im sure one of our knowledgable friends will view it and give their opinion of it. (remember to "white out" all your personal details!!! cause MIB are watching!)

Smoothy

Read throught the

Hello guys..one couple of points from me: they included Ac.fee in the total and than put an intrest on it? is it legal?i do not think so..because it's an admin fee..and if you agreement is for 6 or more years..it does affect it..

Now, in my agreement i do not have the total amount of the loan and APR and i mean the total amount that i have to pay at the and of the loan agreement..Now i have seen an other agreement and it has Finance Charge(APR on the top of the loan or PPI) included..Mine doesn't have it...on my agreement you can't see anywear how much i should pay on the top of the loan amount...( apart of 36 payments of £193.35)

have you got similar agreements?

regards,

Maria

I too questioned this as i felt why should i pay intrest on admin fees?!

It seems strange but im not sure how legal it is. As said before, if you can scan your agreement so it can be scrutinised, there may be some holes that can be picked at!

Read throught the

Hi Smoothy,

yes you are right so long as there are no arrears on the account. Even if you have paid the ammount in the box, payments have to be up to date in order to be able to VT. They WILL NOT allow you to VT with arrears, I'm not 100% sure but I think thats in the T's & C's

Barry

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

Hi Smoothy,

yes you are right so long as there are no arrears on the account. Even if you have paid the ammount in the box, payments have to be up to date in order to be able to VT. They WILL NOT allow you to VT with arrears, I'm not 100% sure but I think thats in the T's & C's

Barry

Barry, I agree partly.....dont mind me Ive not been awake long!!

But...as far as im aware, so long as you have paid the minimum amount as stated in the box (usually one half of the agreement value) you can VT the agreement. I VT'd a friends from (un)welcome and despite the fact that he had missed 3 payments over the term, they accepted the VT as hed satisfied the terms for doing so.

It may be that they got so fed up of hearing from me that they lost the will to fight it! But if it breaks the T&C's, im not sure.

Well done for pointing that out mate.....im still asleep i guess!

Read throught the

lol no problem Smoothy,

not been up long myself either ;-)

I think Welcome are now realising that we as their customers now know a hell of a lot more in relation to what they can and cant do and appear that if they are challenged they put up a little fight then cave in. Lets hope it keeps happening and our Welcome freedom fighters get what they are owed :-D

Well, our post has arrived and no letter from either of the three recipients of my letter to them - you'd have thought it was important enough to reply straightaway considering I told them the agreement was over and the car was mine!

The interest on administration fees point is quite interesting - I'm pretty sure that they can't do this; however, on the hire purchase agreement statement of account I have related to the modified agreement I signed in April 2003, the first three items are the "loan" sum of £7.5k, the full amount of interest on the new agreement (front loaded) and the admin fee. Nowhere on my statement of account does it show that extra interest has been added, just some random charges of £20 and £5 for letters, telephone calls and doorstep visits.

If interest has been "front loaded" on your agreement, they cannot charge additional interest.

Absolutely!

UP THE REVOLUTION!!

Read throught the