Gross Misconduct

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It will depend partly on what the GM was. If it is anything to do with honesty then it will be hard to avoid. If it is a health and Safety matter then you could offer the suggestion that more training would have help prevent the problem and if it is personal matters then your appeal reasoning will explain itself. If I was employing someone who had been dismissed by their previous employer I would be looking at what i would need to do to manage that person effectively. Matters of honesty would be where I would take some convincing that I wasnt making future problems for myself

The GM is for comments on social media. I am appealing as whilst the co have a social media policy it does not cover social media outside of work. They claim to have a policy for this but it does not exist.

Also they brought up an off the record chat about a Facebook comment posted on my profile by a friend regarding them from 5 years ago. Are they allowed to do this? It was off record & dealt with at the time

If at the time you said you would never get involved in that sort of thing again.....

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Were you tagged in it? if so then you can clearly show you are innocent as someone else clearly wrote it. However, posts wont appear on your timeline unless you are tagged, or you put it there yourself.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D