had a visit from tv licencing

stuggling
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have a summons for failure not to have a vaild tv licence!

Livid as they told me when I rang them a week after the visit they wouldn't, stupid I will have to declare this now on every job application and my children ate at the age were I can return to work with them im childcare but doesn't look as though I will get a job soon now!

Even if it was, i very much doubt it would have any determination on a job in childcare.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

i am doing a law degree and i was no saint in my younger days. I told the SRA everything, as long as its not for drugs and violence, and there has been a substantial period of no future offending, you will be fine, but be honest

Agree with squaddie here. You could have a wealth of old minor stuff on your file that they will simply shrug off. But if you lie to them and they find out you are lying, then thats a whole other ball game.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Also, should you actually get a criminal record from the court, make sure you tell the tutor for your uni course before you get accepted. They will be able to advise much more accurately. While it may affect your current plans, in a few years once uni has finished, it would be considered "spent" and much easier to ignore.

Well I have a summons for failure not to have a valid TV licence!

Livid as they told me when I rang them a week after the visit they wouldn't

Unfortunately you have been conned and fell at the very first hurdle.

You are under absolutely no legal obligation to even converse with these people. A summons is simply an invite to their place of business to discuss your punishment. You won't be fined the maximum £1000, on average it is two or three figures, and even then, they DO NOT require you to buy a TV licence?

IN future keep these clowns out, if they knock your door, just laugh at them and shut it in their face, they have absolutely no legal rights to be on your property least of all demand money off you!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Can't do open university, don't get any financial assistance,im going to go and see the tutor next month so will explain all to them, it an LLB with honors course with criminology in the law

Unfortunately you have been conned and fell at the very first hurdle.

How have they conned him? - they already had his confession, and are contemplating letting him off if he keeps up his payments.

Fair? No. But in the context of their general meanness, probably about as good as you can expect.

Let me get this straight:

1) You had a license and you missed payments on it?

or

2) You didn't have a license with the door money and set up a DD then and there?

I'm not too sure, but in the case of 1).. Licenses are a yearly thing and as far as I'm aware, missed payments just put you in debt with them.. I don't think it revokes your license. In the case of 2) I think that this could get you in trouble.

Can someone confirm or disconfirm this? I hope for your sake it's 1) :D

It is the 1st one, I have the bank statements showing the dates the dd was returned and letters showing this and dates of calls to ask for cash plan

Oh I see. It's a stopped DD is it?

I'll need some precise information, to determine if you were unlicensed at the time of the visit.

1. When did you start the DD scheme?

2. How often were you paying, weekly, monthly or quarterly?

3. When did you stop paying, and how many payments were missed?

4. When was the visit?