Work Programme (Bootstrap)

Gay_guy1986
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I am new on here so not sure how this works but looking for some help regarding this question and would be greatfull if any of you could answer it for me :-)

I am currently on Jobseekers and in January of this year (2012) I been put on the work programme by jobcenter and its by bootstrap, not sure if any of you heard of it? anyway I believe it lasts for 2 years, well what happens when I finished the all 2 years if I haven't found a job by then (which I hope as I hate been on JSA as i need a job ASAP)

Do I go back to signing weekly as at the moment since I am on Work Programme I sign fortnightly or will Jobcentre closed my claim? I really hope they don't close my claim as I am living on my own in my flat (as I moved in this January and I am loving it on my own) and I don't want to loose my flat and be homeless if they stopped my claim after the work programme as I am worried, should I be worried? :???:

Also what really annoyes me is I have applyed for loads of Jobs and never get any responses, its so annoying, anyone agree?

Any advice would be great thank you.

Omg I just googled and I found that people who haven't found a job at the end of the 2 year work programme has got to do community service work, is this true?

Well if its true and I haven't found a job at the end of the work programme then I have no choice to do it as I don't want to loose my JSA as i don't want to loose my flat and end up homeless :sad:

Omg I just googled and I found that people who haven't found a job at the end of the 2 year work programme has got to do community service work, is this true?

Well if its true and I haven't found a job at the end of the work programme then I have no choice to do it as I don't want to loose my JSA as i don't want to loose my flat and end up homeless :sad:

Can you give us a link to what you found when you searched? There's all sorts of information out there - some good, some, well, not so good.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I don't know a lot about the work programme, but I do know that come April, those under 35 in private rented, will only be eligible for the shared room rate of housing benefit, not the one bedroom rate, so this might be something you want to look at if you're in private rented.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Can you give us a link to what you found when you searched? There's all sorts of information out there - some good, some, well, not so good.

Well I tried pasting the link but when I submit it says I need to reach posts 10 before I can paste, anyway go to google and type this in (what happens after the work programme) and its the 3rd one down as you will see it stated community work.

I don't know a lot about the work programme, but I do know that come April, those under 35 in private rented, will only be eligible for the shared room rate of housing benefit, not the one bedroom rate, so this might be something you want to look at if you're in private rented.

That doesn't apply to me though does it? as I live in a housing association called Calico Housing

Well I tried pasting the link but when I submit it says I need to reach posts 10 before I can paste, anyway go to google and type this in (what happens after the work programme) and its the 3rd one down as you will see it stated community work.

I think I found the link you mean, thanks. I'll need to look into it more, though.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

That doesn't apply to me though does it? as I live in a housing association called Calico Housing

No, you're fine then. Lucky to get a housing association property so young - good for you.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

No, you're fine then. Lucky to get a housing association property so young - good for you.

Thanks but I had no choice as my parents also was on the housing list for a bungalow and I would have been homeless if I didn't get this flat so when I was on b-with-us bidding for flats on a weekly basis calico housing changed my band to band 3 as I was on 4 at first and I wasn't getting anywhere with 4.

yes at the end of 2 years , there would be a 'community benefit' , 'activity' that you would have to do. this is 30 hours with 10 hours job searching for 6 months. basically community service.

. your 'bootsrap' provider is your new JC adviser and you have to do everything they say. you can look on 'consent me' website its worth knowing your rights and check DWP legislation on there site. You probably would still be with your provider at end 2 years, but signed up onto a different scheme, or going to a different company for a workfare thing, so its 2 weeks signing i d imagine. Not sure what will happen when universal credits come about next year, you would still get money but i bet less and it would come every 4 weeks in lump sum.

Hi Palelady,

What if I haven't found a Job by the time I finish work programme? (which I hope I do) can I refuse this community work? and if I do will I get my JSA Sanctioned? if I have to do it then I have no choice as I don't want my JSA Stopped as I don't want to loose my flat.

Hi Palelady,

What if I haven't found a Job by the time I finish work programme? (which I hope I do) can I refuse this community work? and if I do will I get my JSA Sanctioned? if I have to do it then I have no choice as I don't want my JSA Stopped as I don't want to loose my flat.

I m guessing you would have your money stopped unless you had a good reason not to do it like an illness. you could negotiate less hours if for example you are in a homelessness crisis or develop a condition mental health/well being /are a victim of bullying. There are docs about it on DWP website -

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/supplying-dwp/what-we-buy/welfare-to-work-services/provider-guidance/community-action-programme.shtml

this will just be nice for xmas...all those employers rubbing their hands in an imitation of scrooge, getting their 'free elves' no wages or NI to pay....it must be manna from heaven for them.....all those little elves beavering away, no elf and safety rules to worry about....and if they dont turn up, hey just ring the provider and get them to send another batch...

didnt the germans try this back in the 1940's something about 'work will make you free'!!!

the figures i found are absolutely staggering....972,000 people x 26 weeks x £6.18 per hour = £5.4bn, and that is not including NI payments that employers should be paying!!!!

these are the figures that govt is calculating that will have spent 2 years on the work programme, and failed to get gainful employment, so completing their sentence, and then having to complete 26 weeks unpaid 'work experience' in order to keep accessing their benefits.

gayguy... sorry i cant help, just wanted to say that this is legalised slavery!!! there is a shortage of jobs, people want jobs, and if people can not find jobs then they have to do community service! common sense would be to create jobs in place of what you will be forced to do on community service

if you are really desperate for a job, there is a lot of farming type jobs available around Wisbech / Cambridgeshire

I am already doing community work, as a volunteer - and it looks like I might get a full time job out of it! I am appalled at the 2 years on this 'provider' system and their '2 year follow up' as it clearly shows that nobody in the current Government understands one simple fact

A lot of UK based jobs have been farmed out abroad or are being done by EU people with LESS experience at that role than UK people - and this can be proven!

• 1 month later...

I am currently on the work Programme by Jobcentre and I started in January 2012 and I finish in January 2014 as it lasts for 2 years.

Anyway what I want to know is if I haven't found a Job by then (Which I hope I have) what happens after the work programme?

Will Jobcentre close my claim? I am worried as I don't want to end up homeless if they close it after the 2 years is up :sad:

Any advice would be great cheers :-)

Haven't you already posted a thread asking this exact question back in November which gave you a number of replies?

Yes, OP did - the two threads have now been merged.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am currently on the work Programme by Jobcentre and I started in January 2012 and I finish in January 2014 as it lasts for 2 years.

Anyway what I want to know is if I haven't found a Job by then (Which I hope I have) what happens after the work programme?

Will Jobcentre close my claim? I am worried as I don't want to end up homeless if they close it after the 2 years is up :sad:

Any advice would be great cheers :-)

JCP won't close the claim, they are far from finished with you by then, CAP ( community action programme) is a real possibility, this would consist of 6 months full time non voluntary unpaid work, after that it's probably back onto the WP.

The government will continue to hound you until

a) You get a job.

b) You sign off for another reason, and stay signed off.

c) You come off JSA and onto another benefit ESA, for example.

d) You die

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

If you refuse to comply with whatever conditions are imposed then yes, you could well find that your benefit is stopped.