Meritforce Doorstep Collectors Manual anyone?

robcag
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been receiving letters and phonecalls (both methods totally unanswered and ignored of course) for the past couple of months from Muck Hall who have been passed a (so-far) unenforceable alleged debt by 1st. Crud.

Today I received a brown envelope marked URGENT (who are they trying to kid?) and when I got around to opening it I found it was a nice letter from 'Meritforce', who I hadn't previously heard of, concerning Muck Halls previous failure to collect. It contained all the usual 'we may' do this and 'you must' do that delusions, but having a few minutes to waste I decided to Google them.

A few CAG links were amongst the search results, along with links to Muck Hall and Meritforce themselves (they appear to be owned by MH as expected). Well, I had a slightly amusing read of the MH site then went to the Meritforce one ( http://meritforce.co.uk/ if anyone's interested :roll: )

After reading some of their drivel I noticed a link on one of the pages for 'Agent Downloads' (I guess he must be their 'Top Gun' to have his own link :wink:) so I followed it. There was a link to download the 'Meritforce Collections Manual' which members might find amusing (complete with typos). Here's the direct link;

http://meritforce.co.uk/includes/downloads/MF%20COLLECTIONS%20MANUAL.pdf

On the very first page there is a reference to 'DOORSTEP COLLECTION AGENTS' so it must be official, people DO actually collect doorsteps!

Cheers

Rob

MF COLLECTIONS MANUAL.pdf

Edited by robcag

:lol:

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had one of the Meritlessforce people come to my address regarding a relatives debt owed to Sky for about £50. They had gone abroad and used my address as a forwarding address and I had to deal with a few debts they left behind.

Anyway this guy turns up with a clipboard.

Are you Mr R Murdoch ?

No I say, there is nobody at this address with that name.

They reply, oh they have moved have they?

I then say, I have a brother who lives abroad with that name and I just had correspondence forwarded via my address.

They then say, a debt has been left owing to Sky for £50 (Data Protection breach !) and your address may be blacklisted. ( Before they mentioned the Sky blacklisting, they looked up a Skydish (which is my neighbours), just in case it was on my house)

I retort, the debt is not in my name, debts are name related and Sky don't black list address, as that would be in breach of fair trading rules.

Then they scurry away, jump in a car and drive off.

The stupid thing with this, is that I had told MH on numerous occasions that the relative had moved abroad and had even given the mailbox address my relative used abroad.

So question is does the Meritlessforce manual mention about them giving debt information to a third party, in the hope that the third party may pay the debt.

I did actually complain to MH's compliance manager at the time. It was pretty much, a case of sorry for our error and any inconvenience caused. OFT etc, were about as useful as a chocolate teapot and seemed to just accepted it was a mistake by MH.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Funny how they feel the need to point out:

During a collection visit you will not:

- Use menacing behavior

- Carry your collections in a threatening behavior

- Obtain payment by deceit

- Contact a customer whilst inebriated

It is imperative this information is consumed:

- Always make sure an adult is in the property; never

enter when there is only a minor

- If the customer in question is acting in an aggressive

manner to yourself, refrain from entering the property

- If you hear/see any animals acting in an aggressive

manner, refrain from entering the property

OMG they have to EAT the manual?

I LIKE THIS BIT..

Truly an industry first...

PIN protected Motorola Xoom tablets with Work Mobile technology allow our agents to download accounts directly into a secure inbox, allowing them to truly work 'in the field.'

Every account instructed to the agent is time, date and location stamped for auditing purposes with a Google Map positioning link that is accurate to 4m, and can be reported back to you, our client, in our monthly reporting.

With the induction of the 'Route Planner' we can now plan the best collection route for our agents and monitor their work, allowing us to move towards employing full time doorstep agents dedicated to your accounts, truly an industry first.

now then is that 4 metres or 4 miles

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

This bit immediately caught my eye - in house cleansing strategy, then why do they bother to try to gain access to my flats when the doorstep has already been claimed by other doorstep collecters!

We are not only here if things go wrong, but to make sure

things always go right. With a strict in-house cleansing

strategy using all three Credit Reference Agencies, a fully

trained finance team and excellent back office support

functions working hard to make sure that you are free to

do what you do best: collect.

This is hysterical.... best reading material in ages (next to Shogun)

2.5 Every member of staff that holds information about identifiable living individuals has to comply with data

protection in managing that information. Individuals can be liable for breaches of the Act.

COMMISSION PAYMENTS

YOU WILL BE PAID 20% ON YOUR COLLECTIONS PLUS

STANDING ORDERS PLUS CARD PAYMENTS .

With automatic account allocation, available balances in

your area will be sent to you directly by email allowing

you to work ‘on the go’ maximising the payment

opportunities in the postcode area you have chosen to

call you own.

Manual needs to be updated, as Robert Sands is no longer their Director of Compliance.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

You mean to say Bobby Sands is no more? ;)

Yes, according to a report which was linked on here I think from Credit Today, he left to set up his own DCA.

Hmm, third reference to the DPA being taken seriously that I have read recently. The 2 previous ones were ex DCA employees.

This manual goes...

1. Introduction.

2. DPA 1998.

3. The rest.

Seemingly, OFT and other guidance isn't so important... Perhaps the ICO has teeth that the OFT and Trading Standards do not.

Just a thought...

This is a brill find. And if someone's dropped the ball by allowing this to be publically accessible I'd love to be a fly on that wall come Monday morning...

The poor English and lack of proofreading speaks to a slipshod organisation anyway, which will come as no surprise to anyone who has had dealings with DCAs.

On the other hand, perhaps an embittered ex-employee wants to show them up, which would be nice, or even a current employee who is hacked off, which would be even better.