1st main C**k up of the Olympics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's Steve Redgrave! :-D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you're watching this Crazy:madgrin:

Wash your mouth out with soap Termi! :!:

It's been quite amusing being on Facebook instead, having the descriptions through the jaundiced eyes of my mates who were watching... It's fair to say that opinions are somewhat divided, lol, and it's funny, not watching it at all so having no point of reference whatsoever, to try and guess what they're talking about!

For example: ' my mate just text saying the british athletes have got their tin foil space suites on' - 'they just insulted the beatles' - 'BBC 1 A COMPLETE AND UTTER FARCE AND VERY VERY EMBARRASSING!' - 'now war victims and poppies - singing abide with me - we just need the frikken titanic and weve covered the lot' - 'anyone see the NHS Tribute? Disgusting!' - 'Boys in stripey pyjamas, girls in nightclothes, they looked as though they were straight out of a Charles Dickens novel(from the workhouse)'... and that's only on ONE thread! I tell you, what my imagination is conjuring has to be better than whatever they've come up with!!! :lol:

No-ones that are the future. There can be no accusations of elitism and how inspiring for young athletes that this games is for them. Love it. :-D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I am really disappointed we had a chance to make last night a really spectacular opening and although it was good in my opinion it just felt a bit flat, and it was so sad to see Mohammed Ali, whoever thought it was agood idea ought to be shot. MH was a great boxer but he is obviously very ill and did he know what he was doing there? I dont know but it wasnt nice to see and in my opinionwasnt the place to see him, yes if he knew and wanted to be there let him sit in a chair and acknowledge the flag as it passed but to have hom stand when he could hardly walk etc to my mind was an insult to him.

But not such an insult as Paul McCartney he was an absolute disgrace surly the jubilee would have shown him and the organisers that even if he used to have it he hasnt got it now (a diplomatic illness would have let him bow out without losing face) and he should have been replaced.

But I hope we will now see some great sport which is the whole point of thenOlympics and neven though I dont have much interest in sports I will be watching, its a one off event and isnt it nice that we got the Ol,ympics in jubilee Year!! )actually it is even if it was a bit conveinient.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Whoever designed the GB 'space suit' uniforms want's shooting, more Gary Glitter than Olympic.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I though it was absolutely fantastic from start to finish.

But thats because i didnt watch it.:lol:

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

I wouldn't watch it if you paid me.

It's especially scandalous right now.

Senseless spending, privileged toffs self-congratulating, police state at the ready, bad news buried today (did you hear about academies not needing to employ qualified teachers? No? Gove released this earlier this afternoon!), . :(

unfortunately this is not new, teachers employed by acadamies do not have to hold QTS, this has been the case since these schools were first set up under labour. they are not subject to national wage agreements, and can in effect control their own salaries and conditions, which they did with relish...state system now going along with this, where cover supervisors and teaching assistants are now taking classes. warned the unions this was going to happen years ago, but they still went along with it...3rd class education for a 3rd world country, the UK today

There were some impressive moments. I was not impressed with the NHS bit. Nor with Paul McCartney. Loved the James Bond clip with Queen Elizabeth :) I am pretty certain we could have done without the presenters.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

yep some if was well done...wondering whether the nhs bit, was a sly dig at cameron and co...mccartney is well past it now, and wheeling him out for these occasions is getting a little embarrassing...there must surely be some performers whom are more relevant to todays market

. would have been excellent to have actually seen her maj parachute into the main arena.

one shot of her looking extremely bored examining her fingernails, whilst the presenter wittered on about how she was engrossed, was actually priceless and made my night...

the steel rings lifted above the stadium were without doubt one of the highlights in this 4 hour 'extravaganza' though the whole thing must have been bloody confusing for a foreign audience

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Has it finished yet?

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

day one, and after all the hype about how we should have had at least 2 golds by now, the bike race was a non starter, with gb coming in way behind!!.murray bros out of doubles..and in the pool the young lady who's name escapes me came a credible 5th in the final.(found name its hannah miley)

but the big talking point of the day, is all the empty seats!! after all the problems with tickets, and... oh its gonna be a peoples games!! it appears as if the sponsers seats were on the whole empty, this is being put out as 'they all had a late night'!! of course they did...

Dressage team are doing ok

How can they include dressage in the Olympics? After all it's the horse that's doing all the hard graft!

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Why so many empty seats?

I can understand individual circumstances perhaps causing a few people to have problems that could prevent them from attending - but there were a whole lot of empty seats!

I wonder what the investigation will come up with! I feel for people who really wanted to attend and were unable to get tickets - they must have been livid when they saw all those empty seats.

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Seems pretty dumb to start an investigation probably at taxpayers expense to find out why there are so many empty seats. maybe it si because a lot of people cannot afford the seats! Maybe people find it easier and cheaper to watch on TV.

Sorry I got that all wrong. Potential spectators are busy helping the economy by spending money and are too busy to attend! Or perhaps they are still standing in a queue waiting for security to frisk them so that they can enter the area. Another possibility is that they only have Mastercard and want to eat their own food instead of the junk sold at the venues so they are forbidden to enter the arena.

love the BBC headline this morning...seb coe says 'olympic venues stuffed!!' also the indian contingent have entered a formal complaint as a woman unindentified walked alongside their flagbearer in opening ceremony!! and no-one seems to know who she is?

you couldnt make it up!!

link here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-19035583

the indian contingent have entered a formal complaint as a woman unindentified walked alongside their flagbearer in opening ceremony!!

Clearly part of the upset is because she wasn't walking five paces behind.