1st main C**k up of the Olympics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ad hominem. I rest my case.

"You're boring me Fred. You're at it like an old dog with a bone, no wonder you chose this name and avatar. I have answered you before, so have others, you just don't bother reading the posts or dismiss them instantly, not sure which and then start again as if they hadn't been answered. Let it go, will you? Some of us do actually talk of other things than your nasty little obsessions. "

And you think this is a rational argument?. Along with not answering questions which are inconvenient. Well carry on, we can all see you for the racist bigot that you are.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:focus:

Last time of asking !!

Whoops, sorry, no more from me - think I'll unsubscribe from this silly post now.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

focus.gif

Topic. A hazlenut in every bite.

Dont go Fred. Be forgiving. It might be " that " time of the month.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

and after all that...back to the thread...day2 and at least team GB have managed to get among the medals.....silver and bronze....well done to the 2 girls involved....but i still think its a waste of bl**dy money...

Uh oh, now people can only pay with cash at food kiosks, there seems to be a problem with them accepting cards! I hope they're not too hungry, not many people carry cash nowadays, least of all with all the pick pockets that are going to be around at the Olympics!

http://inagist.com/all/229684622022295552/

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Uh oh, now people can only pay with cash at food kiosks, there seems to be a problem with them accepting cards! I hope they're not too hungry, not many people carry cash nowadays, least of all with all the pick pockets that are going to be around at the Olympics!

http://inagist.com/all/229684622022295552/

Well, if they hadn't made it so that only Visa was allowed maybe that wouldn't be such an issue... or maybe it would but we'll never know will we...

Forgot to say, a girl who lives by us won the fist silver medal today! I know it's not a c**k up, but just wanted to say! Well done to her!

http://m.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/9844036.Armitstead_wins_silver_medal_to_get_Great_Britain_off_the_mark/

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Well, if they hadn't made it so that only Visa was allowed maybe that wouldn't be such an issue... or maybe it would but we'll never know will we...

Oh is that what it is? I wonder why they made it just visa? Not everyone has visa - I know a few people who have switch (I think that's what it's called :lol: ) - Like I say, I just hope that people aren't going hungry!

For the same reason that you can only get McDonald's, wear Adidas and drink Coke, my dear...:(

Ah, okay, I get it :lol:

Well, bedtime for me anyway, long day tomorrow! Night night duckie!

Oh wow me too, look at the time!!! It flies on here!

Night CD, night Caggers :-)

end of day 2 and still lots of empty seats in some of the arenas...surely these people can't still be sleeping off the night before???

if they are empty and people are in the park, why the hell can't they be admitted to watch? come on coe, get a grip!! there are big screens all over the park, surely it wouldnt be beyond the wit of man to put a notice on the screen saying seats available now for such and such...even if they charge a couple of quid for em at least there would be people sat in them..

as an ex badminton player was watching the badminton yesterday, and there were loads of empty seats, very disappointing, as was the GB mixed doubles pair who won the first game then lost the next 2.

The Olympics do not stand for the values that they should IMO.

Sponsored by fast food... and if you buy a LARGE McD's meal you get an olympic glass? Surely they should put this on one of their "healty" options.

All the pressure for English teams to win... "Try your hardest and don't be a sore loser if you don't win, and be a gracious winner if you do" is the message I give my kids... this seems lost on the olympics.

The farce that is organising them.

The cost to the taxpayer

How much longer are they running for?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

they have certainly become a moneyfest for the main sponsers, and the message for the olympics seem to be lost amongst a maze of consumerism, i can understand the cost of staging these games are astronomical, and there are much more important things we should be spending the money on....whilst i embrace the ideal, i do not like the commercial aspect, especially the heavy handed way the authorities have come down on people who are trying to run businesses against the backdrop of this. i am yet to be fully convinced of the legacy that this will bring the people of this country, especially when the final bill comes in. some kids will be inspired to maybe one day emulate these top athletes, but it will be a very very small minority.

London will no doubt gain a few extra stadia, when the games are over, the rest of the country, will still be in the same depressed state it was in before this started.

believe they are running to sometime in september, remember we have to have the paraolympics when the main event shuts down

have the paraolympics when the main event shuts down

Sponsored by the fair, even handed, paragons of virtue that are ATOS Healthcare, it's a wonder they don't have special invites for failed ESA claimants to watch the likes of Oscar Pistorius, a kind of motivational booby prize for failing the WCA.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I do find it mind boggling that an event which is all about fitness, which is obviously about health, and to have good health we need a healthy diet - should be lead in it's sponsoring by not just any fast food chain, but one that has been proven to be the most unhealthiest!

Anybody remember the experiment that was done on the big mac and fries?

Oh just seen some better news - London 2012 organisers are reselling 3000 tickets!

i am yet to be fully convinced of the legacy that this will bring the people of this country, especially when the final bill comes in. some kids will be inspired to maybe one day emulate these top athletes, but it will be a very very small minority.

Maybe the same legacy as Greece?

Maybe the same legacy as Greece?

I have been saying that for months. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but I fear that for Greece, it was the straw that broke the camel's back. :(

In the other *groan-cringe* news today:

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2012/07/jan-moir-olympics-marianne-vos-some-bitch-from-holland-lizzie-armitstead/

So much for our famous fair-play attitude huh...

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

What an absolute wasteful shame! I can't stand to see any building disused or derelict at the best of times (I was in Liverpool last week, and was quite upset at seeing rows of once beautiful houses now boarded up and disused) - but to see buildings that have quite obviously had a vast amount of money spent on them, that have been used for a major event, and are fairly new is really disheartening. I hope the same doesn't happen here!

I've heard people refer to our armed forces in this way before - I'm not agreeing with it one iota, as I know the majority of soldiers don't even want to be in conflict, and would much prefer to be doing the job our armed forces were intended too, that is to "protect our country", not to invade other countries - although I doubt they expected to be sleeping in a disused factory, earning half the pay of a bumbling security company to protect our country!

It's the minority that have caused this reaction, those images we've all seen of soldiers beating children etc - so people generalise and assume all soldiers are this way, when it's simply not true.

So I say the same about the security guard - he I would hope is in the minority, I also don't think his ethnic origin should come into it, all this does is create more hate.

Those big wigs at the top, who c**k things up, then leave the workers to take the outrage for it - really need taking to task for the mess ups! I'ts usually the guys at the top who are to blame when things fail at the end of the day.

Like I say, G4S are renowned for getting it wrong, and usually have employees with colourful backgrounds - but those employees don't hire themselves.

The government is today celebrating the successful start of two weeks that have been long in the planning. With the country’s attention focused firmly on the Olympics, only the death of a Princess in Paris would be a more effective mask for bad news.

‘We tested the water by announcing a drop in GDP whilst everyone was talking about the start of the Olympics football tournament’, a source close to the cabinet announced during the opening ceremony. ‘Who knew women’s football could hide a descent into bankruptcy and a failed economic policy? Back of the net! 1-0 to the home team!’

With a fortnight of running and jumping ahead, the public can expect a wave of announcements to be hurriedly glossed over. A rise in fuel duty is planned to coincide with the men’s cycling team pursuit, while the acquittal of Andy Coulson and Rebecca Wade won’t be mentioned much during the 100 metres final. ‘Timing is everything’, declared the spokesman. ‘It’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon. At least I think it is. Has anyone made sure we’re going to run up the wrong flags?’