• Tweets

• I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

1st main C**k up of the Olympics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

"[The ticket-holders] are trying to figure out how they're going to divide their time, what their responsibilities are, and how and when they get dragged to any number of venues," he said.(quote from seb coe on BBC)

so the corporate sponsers have to be 'dragged' around any number of venues...now ain't you starting to feel sorry for them? expect to see G4S dragging them along by their hair

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Clearly part of the upset is because she wasn't walking five paces behind.

I have Indian friends and Pakistani friends - not one of them walk behind their Husbands, in fact they walk in front if they see an half price sale sign, much like anyone else.

Although, that's not to say if they were in India, they may do this - as it's their culture, in the same way as Prince Phillip walks behind the Queen, that's our culture.

Or that some British men still do the Sunday stagger whilst trying to walk home from the pub to eat their traditional Sunday lunch made by "her in doors" :lol:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Seems pretty dumb to start an investigation probably at taxpayers expense to find out why there are so many empty seats. maybe it si because a lot of people cannot afford the seats! Maybe people find it easier and cheaper to watch on TV.

Sorry I got that all wrong. Potential spectators are busy helping the economy by spending money and are too busy to attend! Or perhaps they are still standing in a queue waiting for security to frisk them so that they can enter the area. Another possibility is that they only have Mastercard and want to eat their own food instead of the junk sold at the venues so they are forbidden to enter the arena.

The tickets have already been sold (supposedly), so I doubt it has anything to do with not being able to afford them! Apparently they were all sold out, and so many people were left upset who really wanted to attend. That's what I can't understand! All those people who missed out, I bet they were gutted when they saw all those empty seats!

Although - I do agree that being forced to only be permitted to buy "chips" from McDonalds is a pretty horrendous thought! :lol:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

I have Indian friends and Pakistani friends

Tired old cliche that, it normally follows I'm not racist.

Prince Phillip walks behind the Queen, that's our culture.

That is protocol, if it was our culture we would all be doing it.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Tired old cliche that, it normally follows I'm not racist.

That is protocol, if it was our culture we would all be doing it.

I beg your pardon? What do you mean it normally follows "I'm not racist"? Can you please explain what you mean by that? As I'll have you know my best friend of 15yrs is a Muslim, she was born her, but her parents and Husband weren't! Please don't tar everyone with your brush!

Also, protocol, culture? Tomato, Tomatoe?

I'll have you know there is a little culture in the UK were the women walk looking at the floor - it's called domestic violence, and please don't tell me that's an old cliche too! Been there and done that one!

I beg your pardon? What do you mean it normally follows "I'm not racist"? Can you please explain what you mean by that?

I thought the comment was self explanatory, quite often when the subject of race is discussed people say something like 'well I'm not racist, I have black, Asian', etc friends.

I'll have you know there is a little culture in the UK were the women walk looking at the floor - it's called domestic violence, and please don't tell me that's an old cliche too! Been there and done that one!

Absolutely nothing to do with my post whatsoever, why bring the subject of domestic violence into this thread?

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

:focus:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I thought the comment was self explanatory, quite often when the subject of race is discussed people say something like 'well I'm not racist, I have black, Asian', etc friends.

Absolutely nothing to do with my post whatsoever, why bring the subject of domestic violence into this thread?

Well please don't generalise with everyone thank you - my best friend in the whole world aside from my OH is a Pakistani Muslim (born and bred here, not that, that should make any difference) - I have Indian friends, Black friends - and had Vietnamese,Chinese and Greek friends when I lived in Liverpool (there isn't much room for racism in Liverpool).

I brought the subject of domestic violence up for one reason, and one reason only - you brought the subject up of Indian culture of the women walking behind the men, as if it was something degrading - so I thought I'd remind you that walking behind the men in their country is part of their culture, whereas here in Britain, we have this rosey tinted view that women are equal, everyone is equal - when in reality it's not, English men degrade women just a much as you suspect other men do in other cultures, except here it's not culture.

When I moved here from another part of the country, due to domestic violence - by the way, he was a racist, my friend was the first person to speak to me - she and her Husband (who was not born here) welcomed me and my family into their home and into their family - no British person did this.

I have never known families with such strong family bonds - all those bonds that us British lost and forgot many years ago, such as eating together as a family for example - it would do us good to take a couple of leaves out of their book!

I do notice some sly digs in your comments Odset, but I believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion, however - I do not appreciate anyone insinuating I am a racist! Your comment says far more about you than it does me!

Now my opinion - while you feel that women from other cultures are degraded by their men etc, that is a generlisation, there is no way my friends are not equal to their OH's.

That is no different to me saying that all British men are women beaters is it? I know their not - and it wouldn't be fair to tar them all with the same brush because I know some who are!

You're right! I apologise CitizenB!

*Holds hands out for a slap on the wrist* :oops:

I do not appreciate anyone insinuating I am a racist! Your comment says far more about you than it does me!

For a start I was not insinuating that you are or were a racist, read my words properly and you will find the opposite applies, my original five paces behind comment was meant to be sarcastic, the practice is regarded as degrading by certain cultures.

I just found this corker! She said her Husband "giggled a little" :lol: Bless her though, she took it all in good fun :-D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-18890901

Found this on another forum and think it si disgraceful!

This Olympic Security has really p****d me off TBH.

My battalion are currently deployed in Afghanistan. Those of us not deployed were working 50-60 odd hours a week in supporting them from the home base.

I have now had 1/2 my detachment taken away to be car park attendants, leaving me with all the support for Afghanistan & support to the Olympics personnel with nowhere near enough staff. We are now up to an average of 86 hours per week.

The Police, the tube drivers, the bus drivers and Uncle Tom Cobley and all are getting bonuses, hotels, overtime, this, that and the other. My guys get to sleep in an empty factory and a free badge for their uniform.

Once again, the British Forces get the smelly end of the stick - even worse, backing up a civilian company who failed to provide what they were contracted to. Bad enough they get used as firemen, ambulance crew, killing Foot-and-mouth riddles farm animals, emptying bins, and so on...

Found this on another forum and think it si disgraceful!

This Olympic Security has really p****d me off TBH.

My battalion are currently deployed in Afghanistan. Those of us not deployed were working 50-60 odd hours a week in supporting them from the home base.

I have now had 1/2 my detachment taken away to be car park attendants, leaving me with all the support for Afghanistan & support to the Olympics personnel with nowhere near enough staff. We are now up to an average of 86 hours per week.

The Police, the tube drivers, the bus drivers and Uncle Tom Cobley and all are getting bonuses, hotels, overtime, this, that and the other. My guys get to sleep in an empty factory and a free badge for their uniform.

Once again, the British Forces get the smelly end of the stick - even worse, backing up a civilian company who failed to provide what they were contracted to. Bad enough they get used as firemen, ambulance crew, killing Foot-and-mouth riddles farm animals, emptying bins, and so on...

You have my sympathy, respect, and gratitude. However, while decisions about this country are made by people living on a different planet, im afraid things are unlikely to change.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

You have my sympathy, respect, and gratitude. However, while decisions about this country are made by people living on a different planet, im afraid things are unlikely to change.

Not me. It was copied and pasted from another forum. They will probably never get a mention when it is all over.

Well please don't generalise with everyone thank you - my best friend in the whole world aside from my OH is a Pakistani Muslim (born and bred here, not that, that should make any difference) - I have Indian friends, Black friends - and had Vietnamese,Chinese and Greek friends when I lived in Liverpool (there isn't much room for racism in Liverpool).

I brought the subject of domestic violence up for one reason, and one reason only - you brought the subject up of Indian culture of the women walking behind the men, as if it was something degrading - so I thought I'd remind you that walking behind the men in their country is part of their culture, whereas here in Britain, we have this rosey tinted view that women are equal, everyone is equal - when in reality it's not, English men degrade women just a much as you suspect other men do in other cultures, except here it's not culture.

When I moved here from another part of the country, due to domestic violence - by the way, he was a racist, my friend was the first person to speak to me - she and her Husband (who was not born here) welcomed me and my family into their home and into their family - no British person did this.

I have never known families with such strong family bonds - all those bonds that us British lost and forgot many years ago, such as eating together as a family for example - it would do us good to take a couple of leaves out of their book!

I do notice some sly digs in your comments Odset, but I believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion, however - I do not appreciate anyone insinuating I am a racist! Your comment says far more about you than it does me!

Now my opinion - while you feel that women from other cultures are degraded by their men etc, that is a generlisation, there is no way my friends are not equal to their OH's.

That is no different to me saying that all British men are women beaters is it? I know their not - and it wouldn't be fair to tar them all with the same brush because I know some who are!

You ought to know by now that according to the politically-correct lunatics of this world, stating "I have friends who are muslim/Indian/Pakistani/black/West Indian" etc. etc. is enough in itself to proclaim yourself as being racist. It doesn't matter if what you've said is perfectly true and that you don't have a racist bone in your body or racist thought in your head, with said loonies, it is best not to engage in any conversation whatsoever because whatever you say, it will be proof of some "ism" or another. Just let them play and talk among themselves, it is better that way for all of us.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I just found this corker! She said her Husband "giggled a little" :lol: Bless her though, she took it all in good fun :-D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-18890901

Don't you just love classy women?

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

it will be proof of some "ism" or another.

Mine is usually on a Saturday night.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

And here's Fred with his own axe to grind, bringing up political correctness (which of COURSE must be 'loonie' - since when respecting each other's difference become a pejorative? :( ) and what not to a thread that had so far managed to stay relatively peaceful despite the differences in opinion about the limpics. :(

Well, as promised, my little report on London Centre on a sunny Saturday evening, on what is pay day for most working people. Normally, you'd expect the theatres to be bustling, people queuing in the hope of last minute returns, eateries overflowing round Covent Garden, spectacle goers and tourists mixing up and down Shaftesbury Avenue and Garrick Street, wandering into Chinatown and rubbing shoulders on Charing Cross Road... not to mention the innumerable heaps of homeless people huddling in the closed shops corners under their blankets.

So what was changed? Well, the homeless obviously got their marching orders. There are still a few of them around but they're completely packed up, instead of making themselves comfortable they are sitting on ledges, their tatty rucksacks of suitcase next to them ready to be moved at short notice it would seem.

The theatres are far from full, instead they send out staff to try and tout customers in with special offers. Same at restaurants, where waiters or owners stand outside trying to lure you out with offers of lovely food. The only places which are heaving, as usual, are the pubs and even they don't seem to be having the bustle you'd expect on a sunny saturday evening. The theatre where we went was barely 1/2 full.

There are tourists, yes, but nothing like you'd normally see end of July around here, although in fairness Chinatown seemed to be absolutely bulging at the seams (when doesn't it, lol?)

So, lots of glitter but not a lot of gold, if you'll forgive the pun. What's obvious is that they've tried to gild the lily but haven't done so too well, so the streets are still looking filthy, I didn't see a single street cleaner, oh but there are 2012 banners everywhere.

It was really quite pathetic, like an old whore trying to shimmy her deflated assets in daylight, hoping that the bling and the make-up will hide the decay and pox underneath. :(

And here's Fred with his own axe to grind, bringing up political correctness (which of COURSE must be 'loonie' - since when respecting each other's difference become a pejorative? :( ) and what not to a thread that had so far managed to stay relatively peaceful despite the differences in opinion about the limpics. :(

Well, as promised, my little report on London Centre on a sunny Saturday evening, on what is pay day for most working people. Normally, you'd expect the theatres to be bustling, people queuing in the hope of last minute returns, eateries overflowing round Covent Garden, spectacle goers and tourists mixing up and down Shaftesbury Avenue and Garrick Street, wandering into Chinatown and rubbing shoulders on Charing Cross Road... not to mention the innumerable heaps of homeless people huddling in the closed shops corners under their blankets.

So what was changed? Well, the homeless obviously got their marching orders. There are still a few of them around but they're completely packed up, instead of making themselves comfortable they are sitting on ledges, their tatty rucksacks of suitcase next to them ready to be moved at short notice it would seem.

The theatres are far from full, instead they send out staff to try and tout customers in with special offers. Same at restaurants, where waiters or owners stand outside trying to lure you out with offers of lovely food. The only places which are heaving, as usual, are the pubs and even they don't seem to be having the bustle you'd expect on a sunny saturday evening. The theatre where we went was barely 1/2 full.

There are tourists, yes, but nothing like you'd normally see end of July around here, although in fairness Chinatown seemed to be absolutely bulging at the seams (when doesn't it, lol?)

So, lots of glitter but not a lot of gold, if you'll forgive the pun. What's obvious is that they've tried to gild the lily but haven't done so too well, so the streets are still looking filthy, I didn't see a single street cleaner, oh but there are 2012 banners everywhere.

It was really quite pathetic, like an old whore trying to shimmy her deflated assets in daylight, hoping that the bling and the make-up will hide the decay and pox underneath. :(

Just tell me this - how does somebody prove to you or osdset that they are not racist, given that saying so gets greeted with "well they all say that"? I notice that you refused to answer how you would describe turning down somebody for a job on the basis of their skin colour, so have a go at this one instead, as I already know the answer to the other one.

Just tell me this - how does somebody prove to you or osdset that they are not racist, given that saying so gets greeted with "well they all say that"? I notice that you refused to answer how you would describe turning down somebody for a job on the basis of their skin colour, so have a go at this one instead, as I already know the answer to the other one.

You're boring me Fred. You're at it like an old dog with a bone, no wonder you chose this name and avatar. I have answered you before, so have others, you just don't bother reading the posts or dismiss them instantly, not sure which and then start again as if they hadn't been answered. Let it go, will you? Some of us do actually talk of other things than your nasty little obsessions.

Sorry to the team if this is OTT but I am getting tired of his ad hominem digs and attempts to derail threads at whoever doesn't support the same "values" (and I do mean the term loosely in this instance) as he. :(

how does somebody prove to you or osdset that they are not racist,

I require nobody to prove or disprove to me that they are racist, why? Because I don't care, everyone has their own opinions and as far as I am concerned it's their business, personally if I don't like someone for whatever reason I'm not going to change my mind because the government or general opinion says I should.

You're boring me Fred. You're at it like an old dog with a bone, no wonder you chose this name and avatar. I have answered you before, so have others, you just don't bother reading the posts or dismiss them instantly, not sure which and then start again as if they hadn't been answered. Let it go, will you? Some of us do actually talk of other things than your nasty little obsessions.

Sorry to the team if this is OTT but I am getting tired of his ad hominem digs and attempts to derail threads at whoever doesn't support the same "values" (and I do mean the term loosely in this instance) as he. :(

Fair enough. No argument then, just the same old excuses. Let's just leave it at that. You and your sort bore me too, always being against something but without ever having a clue how things could be put right or made better, you just whinge and whinge and whinge. This first part of your avatar is reasonably close, the second part is nowhere near.

YES....

World war 3. Just what we need.

Fair enough. No argument then, just the same old excuses. Let's just leave it at that. You and your sort bore me too, always being against something but without ever having a clue how things could be put right or made better, you just whinge and whinge and whinge. This first part of your avatar is reasonably close, the second part is nowhere near.
Ad hominem. I rest my case.

Last time of asking !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D