*****london olympics 2012********************* **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hosting nations actually do better at home games, it's been proven over many Olympic games, hopefully we will be presently surprised.

Mo Farah x 2

Dai Greene

Philips Idowu

Jessica Ennis

Christine Ohuruogu

Perri Shakes-Drayton

Ben Ainslie

Rebecca Adlington

Liam Tancock - came 5th

Chris Hoy x 2

Louis Smith

Keri-Anne Payne

Andy Murray

Hopefully many more.

don't think we'll get 15+ golds, home expectation is too great....well done to both the athletes who acheived a silver and bronze, these damn things are not easy to win...and defending a medal is probably the most difficult to do, as the weight of the nation on your shoulders must be tremendous....

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did start a thread, but the negativity sometimes on the site kills it for me, at least they bring the world together, just as it should be. 50 plus medals for Team GB. I'll go for 15+ gold, that's way out there.

:thumb:

I did start a thread, but the negativity sometimes on the site kills it for me, at least they bring the world together, just as it should be. 50 plus medals for Team GB. I'll go for 15+ gold, that's way out there.

I hope we get 57 medals - I entered a competition to guess the amount Team GB would get :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

these damn things are not easy to win.... defending a medal is probably the most difficult to do, ..

ditto. particularly re olympics. 4 years is a long time in sport. hence why those that successfully do defend are deservedly well praised.

Edited by Ford

I knew there was a thread somewhere but couldn't find it. I'll have another look and merge it with this one. :-)

(snigger)

:lalala:

Well done to Tom Daley and Pete Waterfield for coming 4th. Just pipped at the post to gold, but still among the best in the world. :whoo:

What a great surprise to get a bronze in the mens gymnastics. The lads took the relegation from silver with good grace and real sportsmanship. :third:

COME ON TEAM GB!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

:thumb:

Do they still do the gymnastics were the women have that long ribbon? Oh wow, I used to use the belt from my Mums dressing gown when I was a child and copy them :oops:

I quoted you Tilly because I wanted to tell you I love how you highlight in pink! :love:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Threads merged and a liccle piccie of South Koreans celebrating their football teams win yesterday. Not a scene you see everyday in Coventry. :p

Koreans dancing.jpg

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

When did they scrap 'Tossing the caber' !!! :|

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

When did they scrap 'Tossing the caber' !!! :|

They should never have Scott.

I can't get over how all the presenters keep on telling us how well Team GB competitors did, even though they never got a (more than expected) medal.

Good luck to all the ones who try, but Team GB are certainly no World Beaters (regardless of the few medals they get).

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

The Somalian Olympic team have just issued an apology as they didn't realise that sailing and shooting were separate events.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

The Somalian Olympic team have just issued an apology as they didn't realise that sailing and shooting were separate events.

:jaw: Easy tiger. Racist Fascist Dog bone kettle.:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by tonycee

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Easy tiger. Racist Fascist Dog bone kettle.

I know. I see that the po-faced no fun merchants seem to back in force. You can't even have a laugh nowadays without some tosser shouting "racist". The irony of it all is that the looniest one is racist herself and would happily see people refused jobs just for the crime of having the wrong skin colour. Amazing! That one above really did make me chuckle though!

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

the medal haul, awaited so expectantly by the british public, is turning into a bit of a damp squid....we are currently 16th in table still awaiting that elusive gold, and considering we have the so-called home advantage, it is not looking too good

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/7558618.stm

list for 2008, haul, some of the events where we were expecting to win have already been and gone

Still early days, Track Cycling, Rowing, Athletics, etc.

the medal haul, awaited so expectantly by the british public, is turning into a bit of a damp squid....we are currently 16th in table still awaiting that elusive gold, and considering we have the so-called home advantage, it is not looking too good

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/7558618.stm

list for 2008, haul, some of the events where we were expecting to win have already been and gone

My son got us some tickets for the paralympics. All day at the Excel from 9.00 am to 10.45 pm. £10 each.

Next day at the Olympic stadium. 9.00 am to 1.00 pm. £30

Not bad. :-)