*****london olympics 2012********************* **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have some tickets for the Opening ceremony rehearsals on the 23rd July at the Olmpic Stadium. :-)

Should be fun. . .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Good stuff UK, lets hope they don't mess up the rehearsals.:madgrin:

I have some tickets for the Opening ceremony rehearsals on the 23rd July at the Olmpic Stadium. :-)

Should be fun. . .

You don't have to advertise coca-cola. Everybody knows about it, it's same for London and Olympics. Can't imagine anybody seeing it on the telly and wanting to get to London because they didn't know about it before. I mean, Olympics should be in some forsaken places that nobody ever heard of and in return they get some tourists. What will London & England get in return apart of huge bill?

I can't wait!!

I've never seen so many people in my town as turned out to see the torch. My son's got tickets for the football, but that's in Coventry, and some of the teams are staying at the hotel where my gym is. Had an email to expect airport style security, bonnet and boot checks, and won't be allowed in without my membership card.

Yes it's cost a fortune to stage, but look at the jobs it's provided and the improved facilities that will be available afterwards.

I won't deny there are things I think could have been done better, but it was always going to be a logistical nightmare.

I'm proud of what's been achieved, and that we're staging the most prestigious sports event in the world.

Bring it on!!

AND NO JOGS YOU CAN'T BAN ME!! :lol:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is for all those who are fans of the Olympics, and proud that we're holding them in Britain.

DD just been in and told me she spotted Kelly Sibley, who she was at school with, next to Tom Daley in the opening ceremony.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Oh ... I was sort of hoping it was for people to moan about them. I'll start another thread :)

There are loads of threads with people moaning. Any more off topic posts will be removed! :ban:

There are loads of threads with people moaning. Any more off topic posts will be removed! :ban:

:lol: I always wonder how that ban smilie would be used!!

what tickled me was when the so called 'queen' leapt out of a helicopter in the opening ceremony.

I agree - not into sport on TV much, and have had a moan about the cost on other threads, but the short film with Her Maj in was classic!!!!

In fact I think that's got to go down in history! I bet William and Harry were loving it, and really proud of her! :-)

Although it would have been even better if Prince Phillip could have played a small part as Q - with some amazing new gadget to give them!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

What a terrific (and wholly predicted by myself, I may add) start to the Olympics for Team GB. 1 Silver medal and bugger all else when we were expected to get quite a few more. Just goes to show us what to expect for the rest of the games.

Team GB - 0 Rest of The World - Lots.

Just give up now. :help::deadhorse:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

What a terrific (and wholly predicted by myself, I may add) start to the Olympics for Team GB. 1 Silver medal and bugger all else when we were expected to get quite a few more. Just goes to show us what to expect for the rest of the games.

now 1 silver and 1 bronze...and bu**er all else

Yes, she lives near me Sod'Em!!! Well done to her!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

:).....its turning out to be 'the bitter garden' :)

Very true Ford! :p

As my son said today - if there was a gold medal for moaning, this country would win hands down!!

Makes you wonder sometimes why anyone would want to live here. :roll:

Wow - second best out of all those competing from all over the world. Don't forget Rebecca Addlington's bronze. It may not be the gold she hoped for but in my book that's very impressive!

I did start a thread, but the negativity sometimes on the site kills it for me, at least they bring the world together, just as it should be. 50 plus medals for Team GB. I'll go for 15+ gold, that's way out there.

don't think we'll get 15+ golds, home expectation is too great....well done to both the athletes who acheived a silver and bronze, these damn things are not easy to win...and defending a medal is probably the most difficult to do, as the weight of the nation on your shoulders must be tremendous....