*****london olympics 2012********************* **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A gold and bronze in the rowing - for Team GB.

Eight badminton players have been disqualified from the Olympics for trying to lose matches.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19072677

Yay a gold!! Well done!!!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another Gold & Bronze. Wiggins & Froome.

Great stuff! They were expecting to get another gold this afternoon :wink:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Those gold medals look like they weigh an absolute ton!!!

I'm still delighted that the town we live in now has an Olympian athlete! It's already famous for some well known people, so one more to the lists!

Don't tell anyone, but the medals were made by Cadbury.:-)

Those gold medals look like they weigh an absolute ton!!!

I'm still delighted that the town we live in now has an Olympian athlete! It's already famous for some well known people, so one more to the lists!

Don't tell anyone, but the medals were made by Cadbury.:-)

:lol:

I reckon they're real gold, but my OH reckons they're just heavily plated! Me personally, I'd prefer Cadbury all the way :oops:

Gold and silver in the canoe slalom.

Whoo hoo!!!

Gold in canoe slalom :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

:lol:

I reckon they're real gold, but my OH reckons they're just heavily plated! Me personally, I'd prefer Cadbury all the way :oops:

apparently, 'The constitution of the gold medal is 92.5% silver, 1.34% gold and the remaining percentage of copper' :) (with the price of gold atm, not surprising :) )

have just seen highlights of yesters golds re womens pair rowing, and wiggins, excellent. and some more medals today. WR in cycling. :)

Edited by Ford

'The constitution of the gold medal is 92.5% silver, 1.34% gold and the remaining percentage of copper' :)

just seen highlights of yesters womens pair rowing, and wiggins, excellent. and some medals today. WR in cycling. :)

Wow, so they will weigh a fair bit then!!!

Yep, I agree, not into watching sport on the TV (well, I confess I enjoy a bit of boxing and footy now and again) but I do congratulate all those medal winners!

Yep, I agree, not into watching sport on the TV (well, I confess I enjoy a bit of boxing and footy now and again) but I do congratulate all those medal winners!

apparently, 'The weight of London 2012 Olympic Games medals is accounted to be 375-400g with a diameter of 85mm and thickness of 7mm' :)

for info, apparently, 'the silver medal accounts to 92.5% silver, the remaining portion is of copper. Whereas for bronze, the medal is made up of 97.0% copper, 2.5% zinc and 0.5% tin.' :)

i would watch it all live, on tv and/or there, if i could. :)

Edited by Ford

Been a good day today. 5th in the medal table. :cheer2::cheer2:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I never watch footy (can't stand it), but having seen South Korea play in Coventry last weekend, I'm actually looking forward to seeing them play GB this week.

Always loved the athletics though. :-D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I never watch footy (can't stand it), but having seen South Korea play in Coventry last weekend, I'm actually looking forward to seeing them play GB this week.

Always loved the athletics though. :-D

I used to love a bit of the Athletics when Twice nightly Thompson as I called him was in his prime :oops: Good old Daley!!!!!

I'm pleased at how well GB are doing, I know the Olympics has been overshadowed by the cost, what with the economic climate - it does pain me to think of how much has been spent, but that doesn't and shouldn't take away the pride at how well all these athletes and sportspeople are doing!

A lot of them are very young, and are a fine example of how not all young people just sit around and do nothing, claiming benefits and churning out babies for the wrong reasons!

If the effect they have is anything like it had on me as a child, we'll have a whole load of young people getting into sports who normally wouldn't have - every year when Wimbledon was on, I'd get either my tennis or badminton racquet out :lol: