TCP parking notice WITH PHOTOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a parking notice today from TCP after parking in asda near my work place for too long. I realise the general attitude is to ignore, however my letter seems to be a bit different to others. I wasnt issued with a ticket, only a letter, with photo's of my car with the time entering the car park and the time leaving.

Has anyone else had any experiance with this type of letter?

Steve

Hi and welcome to CAG

I would look around the forum for Parking Eye related threads and you will be in good hands with the regulars

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

hope you waved!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have done a bit of reading regarding this subject.Am i right in saying the following?I do not have to respond to the parking company in any way what so ever.They can only take someone to court if they know who the driver was.As they cant take the driver to court, they are unable to take the claim for money any further?ST

correct

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ther is a queue of people who want to go into court with these companies as there are many questions surrounding these charges, identification of the driver is only one very small part of the issue.

ENJOY IGNORING

I am trying to enjoy it lol.

I think I am going to get another letter soon, as someone parked my car in there again on Monday, all day.

It's one thing ignoring a toilet paper parking ticket, but if this keeps happening

you could be treated as a habitual trespasser which is an entirely different matter. Be careful.

I didn't expect to come back on here after going through the Civil Enforcement Ltd. "ignore everything" process a few years ago :)

Received a Parking Eye invoice with pictures this morning. I'm going to do the same with them :)

welcome back

dx

and they

What does that mean??????

I think what diskmandave is suggesting is that if you keep parking your car in the same place and ignoring tickets, they may move on (legally or illegally) to clamping or removing your car. From experience on these forums when this happens, the PPC not only keep your car until a release fee is paid, but also until you stump up payment for each and every one of the "outstanding" invoices.

• Haha 1

I agree. It's ok to ignor 1 or even 2 but don't make a habit of it or they might just clamp you and then you will have to wait till they go home to cut it of. More hassle than it's worth imo.

• 4 weeks later...
I have done a bit of reading regarding this subject.Am i right in saying the following?I do not have to respond to the parking company in any way what so ever.They can only take someone to court if they know who the driver was.As they cant take the driver to court, they are unable to take the claim for money any further?ST

They can bring proceedings against anyone they wish (eg the registered keeper). They might sue the RK, and say in court "Well if it wasn't you driving the car, who was it?". If the RK's answer appears to the Judge to be dishonest, they *might* find the case proven. It is unlikely, but not impossible.

If the RK's answer appears to the Judge to be dishonest, they *might* find the case proven. It is unlikely, but not impossible.

I refer you to The Bill of Rights 1689:

"That all grants and promises of fines and forfeitures of particular persons before conviction are illegal and void;"

the companies involved will know this.

Stupidly if you log into the TCP website as though you want to pay the parking ticket it refers to the charge as a "fine".

Game over for TCP.

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

I refer you to The Bill of Rights 1689:

"That all grants and promises of fines and forfeitures of particular persons before conviction are illegal and void;"

the companies involved will know this.

Civil courts cannot make fines and forfeitures, so the point would not arise. If a claim was to be upheld, which only requires the balance of probabilities, then the payments demanded would be damages and costs. Nothing in the Bill of Rights would prevent that.

I completely agree that the parking co's are cowboys and their threats are 99% BS, but we shouldn't tell people that they are guaranteed to be safe from civil action. They are not, and the law is soon changing to place shared liability upon RK's.

you miss the point, TCP have FINED me £60.

They clearly refer to the charge as a fine not damages or costs.

Had they invoiced me for breach of contract of the parking regulations then they might just might have stood a chance in court.

Or the landowner (ASDA) might have been able to pursue me for losses incurred but since it was a free car park and ASDA was closed at the time they might struggle to put such a case together.

But they've called it a fine so there is no balance of probabilities involved as these are prohibited by a Constitutional law.

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

As for "RK Liability", don't forget that does not change a basic tenant of civil law which states that the landowner can only claim for actual damages caused and not some fancy figure plucked out of thin air.

you miss the point, TCP have FINED me £60.

They clearly refer to the charge as a fine not damages or costs..

No I didn't miss the point. I replied "If a claim was to be upheld... then the payments demanded would be damages and costs". But feel free to take your point of constitutional law all the way to the Supreme Court, if the parking co described it as a fine then there's a line of argument available to be pursued by a keen litigant.