cabot and mens clothing catalogue debt

rogermeard
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cca cabot

sar jdw

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The total claim will include fees and some interest although I thought that was 8%.

Getting the CCA request off could slow things down although I would also be writing asking for the details of the debt . I would be nice and civil saying something like you are not sure what the account is but if they can tell you , should it prove to be yours , you will want to make an arrangement.

I know very little about BR but should you actually get that SD while the CCA is outstanding you should be able to get it set aside

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Ok, I have done the CCA letter to Cabot, I will now write a letter to WrightHassall Solicitors explaining that I do not know what debt they are referring to as it only names JDWilliams (no account number, or catalogue company) and my name.

Am I able to email their Litigation email address and does that constitute as a legal document like a paper letter would?

I usually deal with my debts by just paying what I consider a sustainable figure monthly, every month by standing order, without negotiation with the DCA. In the end they usually give up protesting as the debt is near paid. Is that a good way to deal with it or should I negotiate in future with them, I just don't want to end up using all my available money and would rather be an affordable reliable amount.

I would not be starting letter tennis with WH.

just do the CCA request

as you should be doing with ALL the debts you pay.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

is this debt on your credit file

dx

and they

so if we were to say you owed us £20 per post

you'd blindly pay it...

dx

and they

If I need to get a letter urgently I usually email them from a non primary email address and say that there is a hard copy in the post. I know some DCA's refuse to deal with emails unless they have that as your confirmed email address.

If you have a look at NDL and my moneysteps that allows you to do a budget with prorata payments in it. DCA's will often argue and whilst there is no reason that you must send an I&E to be honest in my opinion, if you can make it work for you then why not do it.

https://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/quickfs.asp

That link is also quite good as I think it gives acceptable amounts for each category although I am sure NDL would help you with the advice on what amounts are acceptable . I know that I spend far less on food than is "allowed" but slightly more on telephone . Equally I do not need a TV licence but I include it as I may do at any time. So long as your figures are within what they class as acceptable you are ok, if they are higher , give the reason....it might be you travel 75 miles each way to work and thus your travel costs will be high

Again IMO the priority here for now is to avoid that SD . As this account was opened online after April 2007 there is little doubt it will be enforceable unless technicalities can be found such as faulty DN's etc.

Typical threat, see bold bit.

No idea if its on my file I gave up years ago bothering with that.

Debt is originally JDwilliams.

It is around £2500.

Debt being chased by Cabot who have handed it to WrightHassall solicitors.

Solicitors sent me a letter saying they have been instructed by their clients to review my case

with a view to serving me with a bankruptcy petition and obtaining a bankruptcy order.

The letter ends with I have 14 days to contact or they will issue a Statutory Demand.

Taken me back a bit to be honest,

I am tackling my debts but one or two at a time,

mostly when at court so its fixed in stone.

Bit worried I could lose everything now :-(

and they

Time to inform the OFT?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Maybe , maybe not.

Need some evidence that they are not just idle threats. Do we know how many have been issued and not followed through with or is it too early to say yet?

They really are quite specific threats, no may do x,y,z...just may make you BR. The may is of course their get out clause should they decide not to.

I am still of the opinion that getting the CCA request off is the best route forward and if it is a post 2007 debt to get them to clarify exactly what the debt is