Durham County Council - Issuing Disabled Drivers with Parking Tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my wife was parked whilst returning a faulty item to a shop, where you are allowed to park for a period of 3hrs.

She was gone for aprox 15mins, when she returned a Traffic Warden was next to her car writing a ticket, even with the disabled badge clearly in view. :!: & herself on crutches.

When she questioned why he was writing a ticket, his reply was that he didn't know how long she was parked there for, even when the lady from the shop spoke up saying that she couldn't have been more than 15mins.

What I need is a Letter Template to write to the council for obvious reasons.?

Any member got a Link/PDF, or something I could just copy/paste,

Thanks in advance,

K.

Edited by KKorky
Update information for parking period

Have amended title as requested.. if not correct, please let me know :)

Will try and find someone who can help you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think you should appeal this. The parking bay was for 2 hours and the person who issued the ticket 'didn't know how long you had been there' Laughable!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Was the clock also displayed and set to the time when she parked?

?

Depends on the type of bay. If they were parked in a disabled bay then yes they would need to show the time clock but in a normal P&D bay, the clock doesn't 'normally' need to be shown. Sometimes there are local restrictions.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Depends on the type of bay. If they were parked in a disabled bay then yes they would need to show the time clock but in a normal P&D bay, the clock doesn't 'normally' need to be shown. Sometimes there are local restrictions.

You are assuming its on street and not in a car park until the OP gives us more accurate information I cannot see the point of starting a guessing game.

Parked on a normal street,

In a Disabled Bay,

Allowed to park for 3hrs, not 2hrs, just talked to the wife, I'll edit the original post,

Disabled Badge shown, no clock,

Gone 15mins aprox, the receipts from Argos will give a good estimation of the time period, & the staff will verify this, been to see them.

Thanks,

K.

You are assuming its on street and not in a car park until the OP gives us more accurate information I cannot see the point of starting a guessing game.

You are quite correct. My apologies sir. :wink:

In a Disabled Bay,

Allowed to park for 3hrs, not 2hrs, just talked to the wife, I'll edit the original post,

Gone 15mins aprox, the receipts from Argos will give a good estimation of the time period, & the staff will verify this, been to see them.

Thanks,

K.

I think that's why you got the ticket.When parked in a disabled bay with a time limit, you must display the badge AND clock.

A few years back My clock blew over the badge and I got a ticket. I wrote a nice letter and my local council agreed to cancel the ticket. you could try the same with your council

In a Disabled Bay,

Thanks,

K.

As no clock was shown, the ticket was issued correctly. The warden was correct in stating that they had no idea how long the vehicle was parked there. The handbook that is part of the package when getting a BB states that the clock should be used in these circumstances. Try appealing to their good nature and ask for the ticket to be cancelled. Good luck.

If you write in, make sure you have proof of postage or hand it in yourself (get a receipt), these complaints/appeals etc have a habit of going missing.

If the TW didnt know how long you had parked there for, how do they know you were parked there over your time limit. Sounds very jobs worthy to me.

If you write in, make sure you have proof of postage or hand it in yourself (get a receipt), these complaints/appeals etc have a habit of going missing.

If the TW didnt know how long you had parked there for, how do they know you were parked there over your time limit. Sounds very jobs worthy to me.

I think you will find the PCN was for not displaying the badge with a clock not for parking longer than permitted so he was doing the job he is paid for ensuring drivers adhere to the parking regulations, the BB is free and gives numerous concessions its cannot be that hard to ensure its used correctly without blaming the Council.

I wrote a nice letter and my local council agreed to cancel the ticket. you could try the same with your council

Yep, that's my intention, now I see why the ticket was issued.

His reply was she could have been parked there all night..:???:

Cheers,

K.

The talk going around the town since all the cut backs is it's just a money making excise, these TW have just appeared recently.

I think you will find the PCN was for not displaying the badge with a clock not for parking longer than permitted so he was doing the job he is paid for ensuring drivers adhere to the parking regulations, the BB is free and gives numerous concessions its cannot be that hard to ensure its used correctly without blaming the Council.

You are absolutely Right G&G, missed the point that it was in disabled parking bay.

I would still write in though with the proof that you were there for just a short time. They may squash it.

Simple solution, use the badge properly and they won't get your money!

Never ever used a clock in 18yrs, & this is a first, seems a petty excuse to squeeze funds out of people..!!!!!

K.

Never ever used a clock in 18yrs, & this is a first, seems a petty excuse to squeeze funds out of people..!!!!!

K.

No its a simple way of ensuring BB holders do not exceed the 3 hours FREE parking they are entitled to, if you cannot be bothered to follow a simple requirement of the BB scheme then you really have no one to blame apart from yourself.

K.

Hi I will state first that both my wife and I are blue badge holders, the problem as I see it is to many people only display the badge or the clock not both this in my mind leads to misuse of the scheme.

I always use the adage, "If in doubt, display both"

Update, I have sent an email to DCC appealing the PCN.

I think you will find the pcnicon was for not displaying the badge with a clock not for parking longer than permitted so he was doing the job he is paid for ensuring drivers adhere to the parking regulations, the BB is free and gives numerous concessions its cannot be that hard to ensure its used correctly without blaming the Council.
Simple solution, use the badge properly and they won't get your money!
No its a simple way of ensuring BB holders do not exceed the 3 hours FREE parking they are entitled to, if you cannot be bothered to follow a simple requirement of the BB scheme then you really have no one to blame apart from yourself.
One disabled driver in the town the other day (a OAP) received a PCN for not displaying his BB properly. The person who told me was working there at the time the PCN was issued.

He said the BB was on the dash in front of the steering wheel as plain as day for anyone to see, yet the TW said it was not displayed correctly & still gave him a PCN...NO Mention Of the Time Card...!!

So it seems to me that at any cost DCC will have your money, whether Disabled/OAP or not..!!

Since you have had three comments on this thread green_and_mean concerning displaying BB correctly, underlined above, please tell me where exactly it has to be placed before one of them Fatherless TW give you a PCN.?

K.

Edited by KKorky
spelling correction

One disabled driver in the town the other day (a OAP) received a PCN for not displaying his BB properly. The person who told me was working there at the time the PCN was issued.

He said the BB was on the dash in front of the steering wheel as plain as day for anyone to see, yet the TW said it was not displayed correctly & still gave him a PCN...NO Mention Of the Time Card...!!

You haven't said which way up the BB was. Photo upwards or expiry date upwards