LTSB new way of handling your account

Bookworm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received amendment on daughter's thankfully dormant account:

Buffer zone of £10 - gone.

Charges of maximum 3 a day.

Repayment of 1 charge if only one in 12 months period - gone.

We shall scrape our profits in any which way possible to punish all you bad people out there who have the audacity to reclaim your charges. (ok, it doens't say that, but can all read between the lines, can't we....)

Yep, theres definately a pattern emerging. MBNA have just informed me that my interest rate is going up by over 5%APR.

No reason given, but as you say its not to difficult to read between the lines.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Was in Lloyds tsb today. New Mortgage being offered is ERC free. It's called an Easy Living Mortgage.

They know what's coming.

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

It would be nice, naive maybe, but nice to think that banks would withdraw these charges with good grace now they have been forced to accept they are unlawful without imposing higher rates on everyone else.

Sadly what will happen is that the increases will impact on everyone and the banks will make more money because the pool is larger than the pool of those paying bank charges.

JMHO

GLenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Indeed I have had one of these LTSB letters too, and like Bookworm's daughter it's a dormant account so not a problem for me.

It's pushed me to closing it and severing all ties with them but I won't be closing it without at least having my say.

Letter now being composed

Indeed I have had one of these LTSB letters too, and like Bookworm's daughter it's a dormant account so not a problem for me.

It's pushed me to closing it and severing all ties with them but I won't be closing it without at least having my say.

Letter now being composed

Same here regarding Capital One - never use this card but they always manage to put some charges on it every month!!!!!

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Received amendment on daughter's thankfully dormant account:

Buffer zone of £10 - gone.

Charges of maximum 3 a day.

Repayment of 1 charge if only one in 12 months period - gone.

We shall scrape our profits in any which way possible to punish all you bad people out there who have the audacity to reclaim your charges. (ok, it doens't say that, but can all read between the lines, can't we....)

I also received this amendment today.

Cute eh!! :mad:

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

Got a letter through from Capital One yesterday myself too - interest rates going up a bit ;)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

No no no no no!

Don't close the account if you can help it - even though I agree (as a LloydsTSB customer) that these changes are to replace the profit they're having to repay us.

Keeping an account open costs the bank money, and these costs are not reduced with a small balance. So leave it open with the minimum (usually £1) and they will have to pay to send you statements, letters explaining changes, etc etc etc. Isn't it worth a pound for the cost to them? :)

Ian

If you wanted to close the account anyway, you could have some fun with them first. Write back, quoting any reference on the letter indicating new contract terms saying that you do not agree to the new terms. You are perfectly entitled to do this, though of course the end result would probably be that you have to close your account because you can't come to some agreement. It would be fun though if 1 they tried to argue that you're not entitled or 2. as often happens, they ignore your letter. However, if they then tried to do anything in relation to those new terms you could give them a right ticking orf

No no no no no!

Don't close the account if you can help it - even though I agree (as a Lloyds TSB customer) that these changes are to replace the profit they're having to repay us.

Keeping an account open costs the bank money, and these costs are not reduced with a small balance. So leave it open with the minimum (usually £1) and they will have to pay to send you statements, letters explaining changes, etc etc etc. Isn't it worth a pound for the cost to them? :)

Ian

Leaving accounts open but dorment will actually have a negative effect on your credit rating.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

how so?

if you leave it open your good repayment history will stay on file where as if you close it dissapears after a few years does it not? thats the way I understood it anyway.

Leaving accounts open but dorment will actually have a negative effect on your credit rating.

JKop Vs Barclays SETTLED

JKop Vs Cahoot SETTLED

Jkop V Capital One SETTLED

Jkop V Marbles SETTLED

Jkop V MBNA £422 MCOL

Jkop V Egg SETTLED

Jkop V Cahoot Credit Card SETTLED

Jkop V HSCB £1500 W.I.P!

If you keep an account open, its credit that is availible to you, even if you're not using it. Theres only so much availible credit you will be allowed access to, so if you keep too many old accounts open you'll find your access to any further credit is very limited. For this reason its important to make sure that any, say, old credit card accounts, are actually closed after you pay off the final balance.