Bath Uni Parking Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter has now had a letter saying they require she pays £72 or court proceedings will be started which will effect her credit rating. What if anything should we do now please.

I have included the original post I sent via private message so people can know how this started.

I have read the previous thread re Bath Uni parking ticket.

All I need to know is the ignore it message still the thing to do.

My daughter was attending a press day at the Uni for British Bobsleigh of which she is a team member.

Uncertain of the time it would take she put in money for 4 hrs, she went over this time by around an hour & on return to her car had a ticket on her screen.

Other cars parked in the same car park by other members of the team although having paid for only 2 hrs & arriving around the same time but leaving 4 hours after my daughter did not get a ticket. My daughter is now away with the British Bobsleigh Team & has left me to sort this out. I have been on the Car Parking Partnership website & note they have taken photo's of the car. I had thought not to pay, then went through to look at the payment section where they where asking for many more details than I would be happy to let them have.

Please advise as to if this ticket should be paid. It is due on the 27th otherwise it is going to be £60 instead of £30.

Thank you for reading this post

Speculative Invoice. See stickys.

The advice is to IGNORE.

Sadly the RK will get a chain of begging letters with opportunities to pay increased/decreased/any amount, hints ('may',not 'will' etc) of Courts (which they actually shun like Dracula the sunlight), big print, and eventually red print, all prior to a public hanging.

Any response/denial/appeal (even accessing their photos) indicates a measure of your concern and makes them think you are unsure of yourself and can be frightened into making voluntary contributions to them - despite them not having Charity status.

Simply put - I G N O R E.

• Haha 1

now you have started a thread

do some reading of other peoples ones

you'll soon get the idea!

tell your daughter to come here and read too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My daughter has now had a letter saying they require she pays £72 or court proceedings will be started which will effect her credit rating. What if anything should we do now please.

Try and understand - they send out letters to scare people. You've had one.

Please don't fall for it, and continue to ignore them.

• 9 months later...

12 months on & now having not heard from them for months my daughter has now had 2 letters in the last 3 weeks.

The most recent dated the 20th November they are sending in the debt collectors in 7 days.

Should this still be ignored or should we now go to trading standards or the police with this.

Help & advice urgently please.

If I knocked on your door and said "I am a Debt Colector and you must give me £72" - would you?

A Debt Collector has no status or powers any more than you or I.

If (and in your case it sounds not to even be an IF) there has been a Court case, resulting in an odrer to pay within a certain period and you don't pay it within that time - then a CCJ can be applied for and a Bailiff then appointed to act (as a Bailiff).

Beware their continuing threats to frighten money from you.

The "debt collector" might be a Bailiff in another life and try to FRIGHTEN you more by having that word printed on his letter heading - but they cannot act as a Bailiff until all the above has happened.

But strangely, they will forget to tell you that!

But if I knock on the door, hand over the money. Please. Pretty please.....

12 months on & now having not heard from them for months my daughter has now had 2 letters in the last 3 weeks.

The most recent dated the 20th November they are sending in the debt collectors in 7 days.

Should this still be ignored or should we now go to trading standards or the police with this.

Help & advice urgently please.

If debt collector does turn up, answer the door with your phone on record and TELL them to get of your property, then shut the door.

Debt collectors have no more powers than you or i.

They are powerless, all they can legaly do is ask you for money and you can legaly tell them to F OFF!

I would like to bet that no one turns up on the 27th!

Who is the debt collection company by the way?

hello all:-)

It seems that one PPC (Car Parking Partnership) is sending a DCE to people's houses. They use a company called PS&P ltd who have a team of "doorstop collection agents". Over on MSE there is even an image of one of the notes they left with a motorist. I must emphasise that this is a very, very rare instance of this happening. Most PPCs are content to send out silly threatening letters.