Help needed with Resolvecall doorsteppers and SLC 'debt'

nonymouse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please could someone offer some advice urgently?

Two weeks ago I came home to find a card from Resolvecall saying they had visited my home while I was out and asking me to contact them.

I immediately sent the letter from on here about doorstep visits by recorded delivery, and it was signed for the next day.

I have now had the following response from Resolvecall, dated 28th November and received yesterday 3rd December:

Dear xxxx

I write in response to your recent correspondence.

The case you have referred to is not applicable in your circumstances.

As part of the credit agreement that you signed and entered into,

you agreed to repay the full outstanding balance and that where necessary,

the creditor could recover the debt by outsourcing the debt to a third party,

which included by way of doorstep collection.

Therefore the licence you state that has been revoked is irrelevant,

which for the avoidance of doubt we do not agree to,

is not binding on us as it does not fulfill the principles of contract law.

We are entitled by law and under contract to recover monies outstanding

and we are allowed to take reasonable steps in accordance with regulatory guidance to recover such monies.

Yours sincerely

XXXX, Special Services Administration Manager

The creditor is apparently SLC for a student loan from 1996.

I am now terrified that Resolvecall will keep on trying to come round.

I know they have no powers and if they were to come when I answered the door

I'd happily tell them to 'go away' and slam the door,

but I'm rarely in during the day and the people I live with are not aware I am in debt

and would naturally start asking questions if they answered the door to someone asking for me who is,

to all intents and purposes pretending to be a bailiff.

Any ideas of what I do next, please??

no believe what they say

total borrocks!

you really should have ignored them and not responded

as for the loan

if its 1996 and you not acked it in 6yrs

then its statute barred

they are probably trying to diddle you

anyway on a debt you do not owe.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi nony

As DX says it's total rubbish. If they do come around and your not there, under the OFT Guidelines and Data Protection laws they can't discuss the matter with anyone but you. If they do you can take action.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/OFT664Rev.pdf

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public.aspx

Ask them what law they are referring to?

There is only one Law and that is common law, no harm loss or fraud. Puerile fools, I'd be sending a copy of that letter to the OFT&TS and firmly placing it in the ignore pile!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks all - although I'm still convinced they are going to turn up at my home which is scary I am relieved to hear you all say they are in the wrong. DX100UK - I do regret sending them the doorstep letter now but I felt I had to as they had visited my home once already when they left the card, and the general advice on here to anyone who's being threatened with a doostep visit is to sent the doorstep letter, hence I did. I'll be contacting the OFT and Trading Standards today. Do I contact my local branch of TS or should I contact the branch in Glasgow where Reslovecall are based, or both??

would not hurt to do you local one

they will prob know who has the file running on resolvescawl

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Are you sure they visited, they sometimes get the postman to deliver.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Yes, I'm certain they visited because the card was delivered in an envelope with only my name written on it, i.e. someone had turned up and pushed it through the letterbox. No address, so cannot have come by post.

I have reported them to both my local branch and their local branch of TS today.

good time to ignore

it was not served properly anyhow

so stuff 'em

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

I've just arrived home and there is another card in an envelope with my name on - obviously hand-delivered - stating this is the 2nd!!! (sic) time they have called. Clearly they have ignored my letter as above. What on earth do I do now? I CANNOT carry on ignoring these people as advised above if they are going to keep calling at my house and leaving cards which anyone in the household could see, but clearly they are going to disregard the doorstep letter if I send it again. Help!

thats the nature of the game they play sadly

they can do nowt to you

sadly you've just got to ride it out or complain to the oft and ts

dx

and they

Complain to Trading Standards and the OFT, let the OFT know they have had more than 14 days to call their caller off and you are now formally complaining.

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk for the OFT

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk for Trading Standards

They are out of order and need to be told off. Your complaint could be vitally important at the moment.

Just been reading your thread and It`s disgusting ....On the doorstep letter did you put that you would have a Tort of Trespass taken out against them if they called again and that the police would be informed and if at any chance you were in when they called there could even be intervention by the police to remove them ?

Seems to me they haven`t the guts to call when your in anyway so they must know you are out !

Spots1 the letter I sent was the standard one from here which I adapted slightly and yes, does mention the tort of trespass: I note from the card left through my door today that you have visited with the aim of speaking to me urgently about the above account number. Please be advised that I do not hold an account with you, and I have no wish to speak with anyone from your company or any company you claim to represent either in person or by telephone. Correspondence will be entered into IN WRITING ONLY. Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange any further visits to my address, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can ONLY visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you. There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken. To be clear, ANY action by a representative of Resolvecall to approach my home, to ring the doorbell or knock the door, to attempt to gain access or sight into my home though windows, to loiter outside or near to my home or sit in a vehicle outside or near my home, or to attempt to speak to me or to those with whom I share my home in my home or in the street WILL RESULT IN POLICE BEING CALLED AND A REPORT OF HARASSMENT MADE AGAINST YOU. This letter is sent by Recorded Delivery.