DWP Interview Under Caution

sinkinghelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sinkinghelp

may have submitted 4 Appeal forms but that is probably not the reason at all for the delay.

Back in August 2010 i submitted an appeal against a Council Tax bill for 2009/10.

This appeal has been completely ignored. No acknowlegement, nothing.

I have a receipt from the council concerned as i handed it in personally, so it has been received.

The bill has not been paid by anyone, so i doubt this reason you suggest is the case at all.

They don't know what to do is the answer and they think they can carry on in this inept way without dealing with the appeal.

Sal

Hello flumps 1976

Thanks so much for the response. I have submitted an appeal as directed by each demand for payment arrived. The demands arrived at seperate times. Despite sending each one by recorded delivery I have never received an acknowledgment

So where the case is I dont know

regards

sinkinghelp

Hello folks

The postman has just been and as its Saturday I always expect the worse and how right that is. Council intend to prosecute and they have said I will receive a document shortly. The overpayment is £1,800 approx ( cant recall exactly at minute ) of which £580 is outstanding with an arrangement I made to pay off at £5.00 per week with a covering without predgudice letter and also stating I deny the allegations

I have locked horns now so many times with the Council and by bringing in the Ombudsman has really got their hair on fire so a criminal prosecution was inevitable

I will have to wait for the next post to see what the prosecutions department say

The council have already told me that they will obtain a liability order at magistrates on the 9th of August 2012 for the amount outstanding despite making an arrangement with their recovery department

regards

sinkinghelp

Hello folks

Another letter today from Council telling me that they wont accept the offer of staged repayment as they need a court liabilty order first.

Also another letter from a different DWP office telling me that my Incapacity Benefit is £33.15 per week. Had one of those from a different office last week

kind regards

sinkinghelp

Hello sadone

Thanks for the reply. Been doing some reading as you do and if I understand it what I have read if the prosecutions are successful then I will have a conviction (s) for fraud. You then have to attend the police station for your details to be added to the Police Computer and also if you fail to notify your insurance company in the event of any future claim they can refuse to honour it.

I may have read it wrong but its getting very scary

kind regards

sinkinghelp

Guest amianne
Hello sadone

Thanks for the reply. Been doing some reading as you do and if I understand it what I have read if the prosecutions are successful then I will have a conviction (s) for fraud. You then have to attend the police station for your details to be added to the Police Computer and also if you fail to notify your insurance company in the event of any future claim they can refuse to honour it.

I may have read it wrong but its getting very scary

kind regards

sinkinghelp

Yes you are right, you will have a police record for fraud and possibly deception & theft.

The computer will automatically put you on it on conviction.

You will have to notify everyone that needs to know about the conviction and it will no doubt up your insurance premiums.

depending of the type and level of sentence, your conviction will become 'spent' after a period of years.

But if you are asked to supply an enhanced CRB check (anything you may do with money or finance involved, working or volunteering for a school - PTA) you could well find that the record will always be there. You may lose a job (depending on the job you do) and some banks will refuse to deal with you.

I made a recent post about a guy I know that was found guilty of benefit fraud. That was 24 years ago! Served 6 months in prison and he hasn't worked since due to having a criminal record. Lost his family and everything that went with it.

No one wants to employ a convicted criminal, especially one that has a record for theft, deception, and forgery.

Lots of people are being bullied absolute joke.

My cousin is being bullied by the LA asking what she spent her inheritance on! Long story damn cheek.

I am being bullied also by my old council saying i owe them council tax.

They are basically saying that even though i was on income support at the time and was a tenant i did not live in the property and therefore cannot have council tax benefit!!!!!

I've got to appeal yet again.

I've always appealed this but never hear anything. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, TOTALLY IGNORED ALWAYS.

I have to provide evidence i was resident.

I have some old bills of course but expect them to say i had someone else living there.

I really need help on this.

I've been trying to help my cousin with her problem and have this problem myself.

They sent me the email last nigh at 18:46 lovely people they are.

Poor you Sally i got a trust fund for medical negligence i informed the job centre , this was two years ago , i was open about it , i won an appeal for sickness benefit , and now they have asked me to go for an interview under caution ? still not sure what this means ? It was set up by solicitors , and my daughter has funds from it into her account for holidays etc. It says on the letter capital that i may not have declared ? i am very scared never had a criminal conviction in my life, not sure what to do really. I think they just change rules these days to suit themselves , i am concerned that if the rules have changed at the drop of a hat im stuffed. Jeees my head is flucked !

Poor you Sally i got a trust fund for medical negligence i informed the job centre , this was two years ago , i was open about it , i won an appeal for sickness benefit , and now they have asked me to go for an interview under caution ? still not sure what this means ? It was set up by solicitors , and my daughter has funds from it into her account for holidays etc. It says on the letter capital that i may not have declared ? i am very scared never had a criminal conviction in my life, not sure what to do really. I think they just change rules these days to suit themselves , i am concerned that if the rules have changed at the drop of a hat im stuffed. Jeees my head is flucked !

Jacob, start a new thread so that the regulars can see it (that is, if you feel like you need advice).