DWP Interview Under Caution

sinkinghelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest amianne
Well are you surprised considering who it's coming from.

Am I?

Just tell me what part of my post is incorrect in any way. Why do people try to gloss around things? Those were the charges laid for working and claiming unemployment benefit, that was the sentence and that is what has happened to him since.

Do you honestly think that benefit fraud isn't that serious?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello folks

Well its the weekend and as usual the post always without fail brings bad news on a Saturday.

The Council will not wait until the Council Appeal has been processed so have issued a Court Summons for arrears of council tax thats now on the 9th of August

The DWP have responded to my Incapacity and Income Support Appeals only because my MP wrote to them asking for a response.

The DWP telephoned me not long after they received the MP's letter and I can tell you they were not happy bunnies at all !!!!

more to report as and when I get it

November 2011 this lot started !!

kind regards

sinkinghelp

I'm so, so sorry to hear your council still being a right bunch of b*stards. I don't suppose your MP could contact them as well?

The DWP telephoned me not long after they received the MP's letter and I can tell you they were not happy bunnies at all !!!!

Good, serves them right.

Hello folks

Just to update you a little more. Because my MP responded and wrote to the DWP I received two letters one about Income Support and One about Incapacity Benefit. They both stated that my Appeal was under consideration and had been allocated a respective number.

This was followed up by a telephone call from a DWP person who spoke very politely and explained that my file had been all round the country and that it was now at Cokebridge ???? in Scotland where the file was being prepared for consideration. They were waiting for more information and it would be perhaps no longer than 3 months before a decision on the next step was to be taken.

I have also wrote to the head of our council and copied the Ombudsman in regarding sending me a summons before the outcome of the Appeal I wrote to the Council has been investigated.

I did ask the council recovery why this had happened and they just stated it was council policy !

So back to the long wait

regards

sinkinghelp

This was followed up by a telephone call from a DWP person who spoke very politely and explained that my file had been all round the country and that it was now at Cokebridge ????

Coatbridge BDC. I used to work there, but never had anything to do with fraud investigations, so I'm afraid the best I can do is wish you well.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hello and thanks for the replies

COATBRIDGE ! I thought she said cokebridge yes indeed it seems that this is one of the many centers around the country where decisions are made. If it is 3 months more then it will be have a long time since November 2011. But I was'nt interviewed under caution until Xmas 2011

thanks again

kind regards

sinkinghelp

Hello folks

I wrote the local council and pointed out how could they issue a summons for the council tax when my two appeals had not been adressed.

I also copied the letter to the case officer at the Local Government Officer looking at my complaint

Result I have today received a letter from the Head of the Revenue at the council stating that they were now looking at my Appeal.

Surprise Surprise Surprise its only taken them 6 months !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not holding my breath as the court day is looming closer in August

I will update as and when I get any result

regards

sinkinghelp

Hello and thanks for the reply

Yes makes a change but I feel its down to me now involving the Ombudsman and my MP

They will I am sure try and not loose face and will come back with some punative action

also got the approx 3 month wait for the DWP to make a decision

kind regards

sinkinghelp

Hello folks

Well seriously bad news today

The local council have wrote and said they intend to follow a joint Criminal Prosecution with the DWP The letter from the council was quite dramatic and they pointed out that they are considering my Appeal but it was their intention to push ahead and go for a Criminal Prosecution ASAP

I then telephone the lady from the DWP and explained the letter to her. She was quite concerned that she told me three months and she had received no further update that this decision had been changed

She asked me to forward the copy of the letter from the Council and that she would escalate this up to her manager.

So the noose tightens

I will of course be pleading not guilty and requesting the matter to be heard at Crown Court and see what a jury make of it

Still cant get legal advice yet though local CAB seem out of their depth and the local welfare rights is only open 1.5 days a week and the waiting list is long

regards

sinkinghelp

Hello Folks

Just heard that my DWP Appeal submission has all been received at the decision makers at Cokebridge as part was missing so it could be up to three months before I hear again

Meanwhile the Council intend to press on regardless with their prosecution but keep telling me its a joint prosecution but the DWP say not at the minute as its not reached any conclusion

The local council have been malicious and vindictive which is why I was left with no other place to go other than the Local Ombudsman which helped to get some answers but seems to have incenced certain members of the Council

I will keep you informed as it trundles along

regards

sinkinghelp

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks

Well its Friday so bad letter day

The council have wrote and stated formally that they intend to issue a Magistrates Summons for me to be dealt with at magistrates Court despite my Appeal NOT being completed

So have to wait for summons

I am still waiting to see which way the DWP are going to proceed

regards

sinkinghelp

Hi folks

Forget to say the council have already issued a summons for a liability order for the £600 outstanding including court fee of £70.00 and this is on the 9th of Agust.

The total amount alleged by them to have been overpaid by the council to me was over £2,500 in a six year period. All that is left is the £600.00.

They are alleging in letter that I failed to " promptly notify a change of circumstance "

regards

sinkinghelp

Hello and thanks for the reply

To me what you say is absolutly correct however it seems the Council have jumped first unless they have had direction from DWP but then that would be against what the DWP had written in the letters to me and my MP

The Council have also decided to prosecute even though my Appeal has been accepted and is working through their system

I think its pure vindictivness as I refused to lay down and also made a complaint which is being investigated by the Local Governemnt Ombudsman

regards

sinkinghelp

Hello All

Just telephoned council and asked why they are proceeding to Court without the Appeal being concluded and the reply was

" Because we can and if the Appeal results in your favour we will withdraw from Court action "

What a waste of money

regards

sinkinghelp