Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

nice to see you posting Peter, I hope you are well

Sandy x:)

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HI thanks Pugs;ey I am getting ther slowly

A set of T and cs stapled to a a signature document does not make the two part of the same document.

The whole point is that they have to show that all the requitements regarding your protection were available to you both precontractualy or the agreement is unenforceable under section 55 and at the signing of the agreement section 61/65.

Peter

• Haha 1

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hi Guys

Have been reading through the posts with keen interest on this subject. I have received a number of CCAs (all for credit cards) and all in various formats, as follows....

* Some I have only received the current terms and conditions and nothing else

* One makes absolutely no reference whatsoever to credit limit

* Most I have received the application form which appears to double as a credit agreement with a copy of the current T&Cs (which is a photocopy of the folded A4 sheet - if you know what I mean!)

* Some I haven't received anything within 42 days, so I guess the chaps have committed the proverbial criminal offence.

* Some of the application forms have no creditor signature - but apparently that doesn't matter because they can sign it later (or so I've read somewhere)

Anyone know where I stand on these please?

1. If they are over the 42 day limit am I right in thinking they MUST get a court order to execute the document?

2. If the documents aren't complete do they have to get a court order to execute the agreement?

3. If the agreement does not have all the prescribed terms do they have to get a court order to execute the agreement?

Would appreciate some advice here please if anyone has any to offer.

Many thanks

jax

Hi Jax,

I know this might be some work for you, but we really, really need to see the detail of each of the cases you have.

The best way to do that would be to start a separate thread for each one, pasting up what you have/haven't got, then getting specific advice on each thread.

Here's how;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Hi Guys

Have been reading through the posts with keen interest on this subject. I have received a number of CCAs (all for credit cards) and all in various formats, as follows....

* Some I have only received the current terms and conditions and nothing else

* One makes absolutely no reference whatsoever to credit limit

* Most I have received the application form which appears to double as a credit agreement with a copy of the current T&Cs (which is a photocopy of the folded A4 sheet - if you know what I mean!)

* Some I haven't received anything within 42 days, so I guess the chaps have committed the proverbial criminal offence.

* Some of the application forms have no creditor signature - but apparently that doesn't matter because they can sign it later (or so I've read somewhere)

Anyone know where I stand on these please?

1. If they are over the 42 day limit am I right in thinking they MUST get a court order to execute the document?

2. If the documents aren't complete do they have to get a court order to execute the agreement?

3. If the agreement does not have all the prescribed terms do they have to get a court order to execute the agreement?

Would appreciate some advice here please if anyone has any to offer.

Many thanks

jax

Quick answers:

1. No - they can enforce without a court order assuming that the paperwork they produce complies fully with the CCA74. (However see 2 & 3) ;)

2 & 3. Depends (see car2403's post)

Thanx for replies guys.

As i have a high-speed soopadoopa scanner at work I'll do these on Tuesday and get a separate thread started then.

Cheers

jax

PS Peter I am assuming from the previous posts that you haven't been too well and obviously off-site. I hope it's nothing serious and I wish you better.

I am in court in 2 weeks and would appreciate comments on the credit agreement the DCA have sent me.

This is an application form for a bank account.

Bank accounts are regulated under the Act, but are subject to an OFT declaration under s.74 that means they are exempt from the agreement form and content requirements of s.60/s.61.

That said, there are some requirements for them to receive the benefit of that determination, such as they should have written to you telling you what charges and interest rates would apply and how they would terminate the agreement - if they haven't done that, they can't rely on the determination. Without an agreement then, they will have an unenforceable debt under s.127(3).

There's more info on this in my Barclays default removal thread;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/93273-car2403-barclays-bank.html

Do you have a thread on this one?

I sent cheques but added an extra letter into my signature so if a Blue Peter special appeared I could prove it. Probably safer to send POs

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

The trouble with PO's is that U have NO way of knowing whether or not they have been cashed.

...Unless they deduct the £1 from your 'alleged' account with them + it shows up on your CR with a CRA.

Personally, I would favour asking someone else to send one of THEIR cheques on your behalf instead.

I would also strictly express in your letter, that the £1 is DEFFO for the CCA 1974 Request + NOT to be used as a Credit to your 'alleged' account...;)

...:)

Hello Guys

I have now copied, scanned and created pdf files for 8 'replies' to my requests for CCAs.

I will start a new thread for each credit card but can someone please give me an idiot's guide to uploading pdf files please? Or do I just attach them?

Ta muchly

jax

...can someone please give me an idiot's guide to uploading pdf files please? Or do I just attach them?...

Try scanning + uploading your Docs to Photobucket, as described HERE.

...Then once U have uploaded your Docs to Photobucket, just left click on the IMG Code (...this copies the url addy of your piccie), then right click + paste into your text.

...There's NO need to click on ANY of the 'attachments'/'insert image' buttons before U Submit your Post...:wink:

...:-)

I would always use a postal order or a cheque from someone else as I would not trust the blighters to use a bit of artistic expression and copy your signature and recreate a CCA to suit.

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

The trouble with PO's is that U have NO way of knowing whether or not they have been cashed.

...Unless they deduct the £1 from your 'alleged' account with them + it shows up on your CR with a CRA.

Personally, I would favour asking someone else to send one of THEIR cheques on your behalf instead.

I would also strictly express in your letter, that the £1 is DEFFO for the CCA 1974 Request + NOT to be used as a Credit to your 'alleged' account...;)

...:)

MTM, you get a counterfoil/recept with a postal order. If you want to check if it has been cashed you just fill in a form and send it to the post office. Long winded I know, and all for a £1.00. But at least you know for sure.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

never thought about that before - about them having our signatures on the cheque - good thinking

i have asked for my cca - the case which referred to DEBITAS who going to take me to court. When i denied i owed the money and asked for the CCA - they have asked for the letter i sent requesting needs a signature. WIth advice from this site, i sent another letter with a signature i will recognise if the use it....hopefully they will

so - i agree with the advice above - get someone else to write the cheque.

I am a little confused about this statement. One or two 'APPLICATION' forms I have received have no creditor signature.

Are you saying that if it went to court, they could just sign it a couple of days before the court hearing and it would be acceptable ??

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Is APR excepted as a perscribed term?

HAK

sort of...... depends on your point of view and what sort of loan / credit you have.....APR per se is not a prescribed term, however interest rate IS. but the rate can be determined from the apr and the apr can be determined from the rate.

It depends on the type of loan /credit. some require APR and some demand rate of interest.

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

CitizenB I have put the word 'application' in quotes as these are the application forms I completed to acquire the credit card and this is what they have sent me a copy of and which appears to double as an agreement.

However, as stated, all but one does NOT have a creditor signature and some don't even have a space for it.

I have read (I think further back on this thread and also over on LB) that if it went to court it is highly likely the judge would get them to sign it there and then and legally enforce it. The consensus of opinion is that the lack of creditor signature is a very weak argument and one that will go against the debtor if challenged in court.

I am sure someone (maybe Peter or Curlyben) will put me right if I am wrong here

jax

CitizenB I have put the word 'application' in quotes as these are the application forms I completed to acquire the credit card and this is what they have sent me a copy of and which appears to double as an agreement.

However, as stated, all but one does NOT have a creditor signature and some don't even have a space for it.

I have read (I think further back on this thread and also over on LB) that if it went to court it is highly likely the judge would get them to sign it there and then and legally enforce it. The consensus of opinion is that the lack of creditor signature is a very weak argument and one that will go against the debtor if challenged in court.

I am sure someone (maybe Peter or Curlyben) will put me right if I am wrong here

jax

An application form can only be enforced if it contains the prescribed terms and is signed by the debtor.

The effect of s.127(3) means that a missing creditors signature has little effect on enforceability, as it is likely to be enforceable with a Court Order at least.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks