Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think we are rapidly approaching this as a next step.

The quote in your post #4376 is basically what I was asking for info on yes. Thanks zubo.

I am also aware that others on the site have put claims in using the small claims route and have also added a minimal monetary amount in to avoid the larger fee.

I wanted to have clear wording for a letter I am drafting for Cr@p one that was all, have attempted to knock one up in here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/51318-tanzarelli-cap-one-default.html post #327 if anyone wishes to add any constructive suggestion to the content then I would be most grateful as Cr@p One are dragging heals on my default removal claim and I want to arm myself with fact not knocking up without the knowledge.

Thanks

Sorry about the rant, better out than in though. lol.

Tanz

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

I would also be interested in the source of this information. What case law or legislation states that a creditor may not profit when in default?

Regards, Pam

pam i searched this thread with a touthcomb looking for provenance for "not charging interest " "making no payments " whilst in default

and could not find any law etc w

i must assume it came from post 106

" I agree with you Tam, under common law you are not allowed to profit from an illegal act, therefore not only the interest and charges aimed at the cardholder are illegal but also the commision they charge retailers. "

#106 (permalink) Mike220359 vbmenu_register("postmenu_274572", true);

Classic Account Customer

icon1.gif Re: Consumer Credit Act Agreements

I agree with you Tam, under common law you are not allowed to profit from an illegal act, therefore not only the interest and charges aimed at the cardholder are illegal but also the commision they charge retailers. I also agree with your standpoint on the amount borrowed, if that was borrowed in good faith it would be immoral for you to claim that money back. Indeed the three claims that I have sent in only claim the interest on the cards, (and charges)

I haven't claimed the commision charges that are used when you use them as a cash card either, that was my choice.

As regards the limitations act that's a difficult one, my gut feeling is that it doesn't apply to this because of the illegality aspect, remember unlike unfair charges, section 85 is an out and out law. I'm going to do some more work on theis one.

Mike

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

Guest The Terminator
The second signature box is for PPI, Term.

Regards

Lantana

Thanks I thought I was seeing double:D

I wanted to have clear wording for a letter I am drafting for Cr@p one that was all, have attempted to knock one up in here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/51318-tanzarelli-cap-one-default.html post #327 if anyone wishes to add any constructive suggestion to the content then I would be most grateful as Cr@p One are dragging heals on my default removal claim and I want to arm myself with fact not knocking up without the knowledge.

Tanz

Hi Tanz

Have read your letter and it looks fine to me.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

pam i searched this thread with a touthcomb looking for provenance for "not charging interest " "making no payments " whilst in default

and could not find any law etc w

i must assume it came from post 106

" I agree with you Tam, under common law you are not allowed to profit from an illegal act, therefore not only the interest and charges aimed at the cardholder are illegal but also the commision they charge retailers. "

#106 (permalink) Mike220359 vbmenu_register("postmenu_274572", true);

Classic Account Customer

icon1.gif Re: Consumer Credit Act Agreements

I agree with you Tam, under common law you are not allowed to profit from an illegal act, therefore not only the interest and charges aimed at the cardholder are illegal but also the commision they charge retailers. I also agree with your standpoint on the amount borrowed, if that was borrowed in good faith it would be immoral for you to claim that money back. Indeed the three claims that I have sent in only claim the interest on the cards, (and charges)

I haven't claimed the commision charges that are used when you use them as a cash card either, that was my choice.

As regards the limitations act that's a difficult one, my gut feeling is that it doesn't apply to this because of the illegality aspect, remember unlike unfair charges, section 85 is an out and out law. I'm going to do some more work on theis one.

Mike

Okay, thanks for that. we'd better ask Mike for more info. then.

MIKE!! are you free? :D

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Guest The Terminator
The quote in your post #4376 is basically what I was asking for info on yes. Thanks zubo.

I am also aware that others on the site have put claims in using the small claims route and have also added a minimal monetary amount in to avoid the larger fee.

Thanks

Sorry about the rant, better out than in though. lol.

Tanz

Just read your letter and no problems with it.Although not important when quouting the Act I usually put as amended , eg Consumer Credit Act(1974) as amended looks good for the judge.

Okay, thanks for that. we'd better ask Mike for more info. then.

MIKE!! are you free? :D

Nope he charges :)

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

I too have had a gander at your letter Tanz. Style and content is obviously a personal decision. I personally wouldn't put in the stuff about being willing to discuss the matter pre-court at this final stage. You've already been more than reasonable with them.

A willingness to discuss these things is implied, and by expressing it openly IMHO suggests weakness, and that you're less confident about the righteousness and outcome of your case.

I hope I read the right letter!

Regards

Lantana

Just a quick question. When the amendments in The Consumer Credit Act 2006 come into force, will they apply to previous agreements or just to agreements made from now on?

Hi, and welcome to CAG! :)

The amendments will only apply to agreements made after the changes come into force.

Regards, Pam

i.e. - an overdraft does not require a normal regulated agreement and so a CCA s77/78 request would not produce a copy.

Ah. In which case, I'm in need of an alternative tactic and sharpish. I'm not up for paying £1000+ purely because my bank didn't want to deal with my charges claim. Have no trouble with the credit card, since I've got outstanding charges that I'm going to leave until they try and take me to court for it. With interest, that almost outweighs the actual balance of the card.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

By my reckoning Barclaycard and LTSB currently owe about 250,000 each in fines and I plan on making sure they pay them on time :D

LOL... We reckon Sainsbury's will owe in the region £1,500,000.00 or perhaps their board should be sent to Devil's Island en masse till 2037.

Whilst in Default the Creditor cannot enforce the Agreement ie no applying of interest aswell has ppi and charges. Barclaycard have just refunded my account due to non compliance of sec 78.

Paul

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

LOL... We reckon Sainsbury's will owe in the region £1,500,000.00 or perhaps their board should be sent to Devil's Island en masse till 2037.

The offence is in allowing the default to persist for a month, not in trying to enforce the agreement after that time. So, it's £1000 for each individual agreement, and the fine isn't paid to the customer.

Just in case anyone starts thinking that they might be personally owed £1000 for every charge, interest, letter, phonecall, etc.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

The offence is in allowing the default to persist for a month, not in trying to enforce the agreement after that time. So, it's £1000 for each individual agreement, and the fine isn't paid to the customer.

Just in case anyone starts thinking that they might be personally owed £1000 for every charge, interest, letter, phonecall, etc.

damm :rolleyes: was quids in before you said that:D

Whilst in Default the Creditor cannot enforce the Agreement ie no applying of interest aswell has ppi and charges. Barclaycard have just refunded my account due to non compliance of sec 78.

Paul

Hi paul can you say what was refunded ie charges, interest or by refunded account do you mean everything bar what you used card for purchases etc, not actual amounts of course. Well done it's good to see someone stick em

dpick

Ah. In which case, I'm in need of an alternative tactic and sharpish. I'm not up for paying £1000+ purely because my bank didn't want to deal with my charges claim. Have no trouble with the credit card, since I've got outstanding charges that I'm going to leave until they try and take me to court for it. With interest, that almost outweighs the actual balance of the card.

But, they are meant to send you a letter stating thae amount of the OD, int rate etc as far as I am aware......

Did you receive it?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

damm :rolleyes: was quids in before you said that:D

fines for criminal offences get paid to the Court (government!)

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

But, they are meant to send you a letter stating thae amount of the OD, int rate etc as far as I am aware......

Did you receive it?

In response to the request, you mean, or generally? I don't remember ever getting a letter when the limits were upped (often at my request).

fines for criminal offences get paid to the Court (government!)

I was aware of that, what the original point was the fines would make them go bankrupt.

And it is a fine for letting it go past the calendar month AND for each attempt to collect while in breach (somewhere in the hundreds of the CCA1974)

If we bring this to the attention of Gordon Brown he'll jump at the chance to squeeze a few billion more back into the public coffers.... so he can waste them willy nilly on hairbrained schemes that offer little return for great cost.

But lets not get onto a political debate here!

Hi paul can you say what was refunded ie charges, interest or by refunded account do you mean everything bar what you used card for purchases etc, not actual amounts of course. Well done it's good to see someone stick em

dpick

After locking horns with Barclays legal department regarding non compliance of sec 78 they refunded late payment charges, over credit limit charges, payment protection and all interest aplied whilst in default under sec 78.

The account is still in dispute under sec 85, still waiting for their response on that one,

Paul

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

I was aware of that, what the original point was the fines would make them go bankrupt.

And it is a fine for letting it go past the calendar month AND for each attempt to collect while in breach (somewhere in the hundreds of the CCA1974)

Of course, but have we found who prosecutes them them yet?

I've been waiting 3 months for a reply from my mp over other things, have my police force looking into and oft and TS don't wanna know!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks