style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there this my first post on this site, i really need some advice, i had a letter this morning from Marston Group saying i have a fine with HMCS Greater Manchester to the amount of £525, they say they have a magistrates court order and i must pay the total sum within seven days of the letter.

I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, this is the first ive heard of any fine, i cannot think what it could be for, ive never had any correspondence regarding a fine and this letter from Marston Group is the first one. In the letter it says they will send a bailiff to take my things, im beginning to panic, i have 3 small children at home with me and my husband works all day, the letter is in my name only not my husbands, what on earth do i do about this? thanks for reading and please reply with any advice.

Does it have a reference number on it for the court? Does it have the court name on their? It is probably Northampton, and if you know nothing about it this will have been a judgement by default so can be set aside.

First you need to check with the court if there is and what this judgement is for.

Have you ever had any debts, unpaid council tax, fines??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just a stab in the dark here, but dont suppose you had a visit from TV licensing have you before and not had a license ?

Reason for saying that, is we had TVL'ing turn up here and I refused to let them in or answer questions... 7 months later marstons on the door to collect a court fine in a completely wrong name etc.

Is this for TV Licence?, have you moved recently?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi Becki,

Firstly Don't panic, your'e in good company here.

Have Marstons given you any details at all about this fine?

I think you need to get in touch with the court about this.

Last year, I had a letter from Avon and Somerset court, regarding an unpaid fine of £1000+

As I live on the east coast, I was somewhat surprised by this.

I contacted the court, and within 24 hours, job was sorted.

I was told that it was a case of mistaken identity, but how these people get it so wrong completely baffles me.

Chin up

Hi everyone thanks for replying, its not tv license, we pay it by DD, its says its hmrc greater manchester, there's a client ref on it, and only says on it what I outlined above, there's no other paperwork attached just that 1 letter, my brother is currently sitting the bar exam and is applying to barristers chambers, I asked his advice and he said any of the debts we have would be dealt with in county court not magistrates, I simply don't have a clue about any fine, I just don't know what to do

it will be a parking fine / pcn/ speeding /

certainly not tv etc

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Driving with no insurance

Driving with no valid tax disc

Not registering vehicle sorn

Not having a tv licence

Drunk and disorderly fine

Public order offence

Speeding fine.

All of the above are possible types of magistrate fines enforceable by a bailiff

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

Yes if they are after an A Jones, they may chase several A Joneses in the area they think they have moved to and hope they have the right one, but the A Jones they want may not even be there, unfortunately as pointed out by PT this isn't the first time they may have the wrong person, You need to find out monday using the court reference what the address in Manchester they sent all the correspondence to, if it isn't your old one then they (Marstons who will have done the search) have stuffed up. the problem will be getting rid of them as even with prima-facie proof you aren't the debtor, they are as hard to get rid of as herpes; unfortunately, they don't appear to care if they pressure an innocent into paying, so long as they get paid by someone.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I'm going to ring the court on monday, I just don't have a clue what its for as everything everybody has said it could be doesn't apply to me, I'm not sure its mistaken identity as they have my middle name also, this really is the last thing I need right now :s

Relax, please don't waste your time worrying over something as trivial as this......life is far too short to worry over something as trivial as money.

Give the court a bell on Monday, and I am sure you will be able to sort this out..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I'm going to ring the court on monday, I just don't have a clue what its for as everything everybody has said it could be doesn't apply to me, I'm not sure its mistaken identity as they have my middle name also, this really is the last thing I need right now :s

As has been posted by BB don't panic, relax sort it Monday, there are probably loads of people with your first and middle name, it is easier for bailiff and debt collection agencies to target the wrong person than you think, Chill out it can be sorted and Caggers are there to help

Hia everyone, I've bin to court today and did the statutory declaration, and it has now bin resolved, the clerk at the court called marstons for me and told them that I have made the declaration and not to persue me, the fine was for dvla failure to notify, I sold my car to a friend of ny husband at the beginning of last year, and as you know you have send the form back to dvla, which I did the same day (actually using post box down the road from the guys house!) The form was either lost in the post or was misplaced by some desk monkey at the dvla, I moved house a month before the court papers were issued so I had no idea what happened, I was in court for 3 hours, I suffer with panic attacks and ended up having one in the court room, absolutely horrible experience for something that isn't my fault. I just hope I have no further problems with the bailiffs now.

Check out DVLA on the Motoring forums, as they may send you a new fine of around £75 for failing to notify, you could use a stat dec to say when you posted the V5, and that it legally can be assumed to have been delivered via the post, there is lots of advice on how to deal with them, as Watchdog have investigated DVLA shenanigans

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?140-DVLA

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?320424-Failure-to-notify-almost-at-court-stage...

The DVLA rely on saying you must check to see if they have changed the details, but there is NO LEGAL DUTY to contact them,

Failure to notify, notice to owner, parking charges, SORN declarations.....I cannot think of a worse thing to do than buy a car, pay tax on it, pay for the fuel and pay tax on that, pay for road TAX, MOT, insurance and pay tax on that, servicing tyres wipers all pay tax on, and then because you have registered the car with the government they take ownership of it and make you the registered keeper, and if you fail to act by their rules and regulations they will threaten you with taking the car off you, which you paid for but they own, and crush it?

Rant over!:rant:

Hi there's no way I'm going to pay the dvla any money, I put it in the post and its not my fault there procedures are useless! I just want to put it behind me now and get back living my life, thanks for all your advice guys!