style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK...a bill of sale must be rubber stamped by a Court and I am going to stick my head above the parapet with a suggestion they have not conformed with the requirement, in which case they have NO agreement!!! but let me take the bullet if I have mis judged the situation and you actually do have a legally court stamped agreement.

WD

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am sure that log book loans can not remove your vehicle without a court order.

I suspect this "man" is not a bailiff, just someone sent round to get the car.

Were the police on the scene when he removed the car?

That is what i thought, the police was on the scene when he took the car they said they checked his paperwork and he was allowed to carry on. when the police first came they said to me that they would try to buy me some time. so if i never said anything about my injury, they would have a chat to him to see if he could go away and let me call the company to get it sorted. but they came back to me after speaking to him and said that he had no leeway and had to take the car, so i said then i want to press charges for assault, the reply i got was, "we decide if it warrants an arrest". and apparently it dont. i still cant believe it today.

When you take out a loan and give them the logbook, do they not take ownership of the vehicle until you pay off the debt? Then they let you keep the car on the understanding that they can come and get "their" car back should you not pay? I ask because thats how i interpret their agreement off the website. Would they not then need a court order to take the car as long as an employee/contractor of logbookloans comes to fetch it?

As a result they wouldnt have to employ a bailiff as there wouldnt be a court order and just a debt collector?

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

This is a complicated redress and to save further confusion I will send you a PM with my thoughts on the direction this needs to go and qualify a few more personal points but please do keep the good caggers in the loop once the ball is rolling.

WD

Would they not then need a court order to take the car as long as an employee/contractor of logbookloans comes to fetch it?

As a result they wouldnt have to employ a bailiff as there wouldnt be a court order and just a debt collector?

They don't need a court order, it's just a debt collector.

oh dear

this would NOT have been a bailiff

but a repro nab

they have NO legal powers to do anything!

assault charge at the minimum

where was the car on your private drive?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They don't need a court order, it's just a debt collector.

Yes, that is what i said they dont need one??

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

oh dear

this would NOT have been a bailiff

but a repro nab

they have NO legal powers to do anything!

assault charge at the minimum

where was the car on your private drive?

dx

Hi, Yes the car was on a private drive which he drove his vehicle onto to block mine?

Right ive just tchecked my emails and ive had a reply from logbook loans

Heres it goes:

Dear Mr xxxxxx,

Thank you for your recent e-mail to us regarding your account.

Your correspondence has been passed to the Professional Standards Department for a full investigation and response. We have performed a preliminary review of your complaint and have made the decision to hold all further action while the matter is under investigation. Please be advised that our Managing Director is Matthew Heap.

We aim to respond to all formal complaints within 14 days of receipt. Should you have any queries about your account in the interim please direct them to the repossessions department on 0844 209 0052.

Kind Regards

Clancy Rowntree

Professional Standards Officer

Log Book Loans

Tel 0208 877 7088

Fax 0208 877 6529

i replied to this asking for the company name and this is the reply i just got:

Dear Mr xxxxx,

The name of the company that you have requested is DG Collection Services. As previously advised you will receive a full response to your complaint within 14 days.

Kind Regards

Clancy Rowntree

Professional Standards Officer

Log Book Loans

Tel 0208 877 7088

Fax 0208 877 6529

Email and ask if they are going to release the car back to you pending the outcome of their "investigation"

WD

Done.

Im now going down the station to report it. thanks for the advice all.. I let you know what happens soon.

Ok just got back from a very swift visit at the station. I spoke to the lady on the desk she informed me she was a police officer.

I told her what happened and showed her the injuries on my back, and she went off to check the log.

when she returned she told me that the log had been closed as a civil matter, so what did i want to do, Have him warned or press charges for assault, Obviously i chose the latter, and she said they will send an officer round to take a statement and photo my injuries. she even said to me she does not know if it will go anywhere as the officers believed he had the all te paperwork in order to recover the vehicle. to which i then replied "so that gives him the right to cause injury while doing his job" ??? she looked as confused as i was. and we said our thank you's and i left.

Edited by JustinWales
missed a bit out

Criminal **** no other word to describe them, and the stupid plod supported him, complaint to MP and IPCA

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Now I'm not trying to stir things or to disbelieve what happened but were there any totally independent witnesses to what took place, I ask as this is otherwise going to boil down to your word against theirs. Who called the woodentops and did they see this happen?

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes I agree to a point and a few twitching curtains could be a help along the way...do get the injuries on record with either A & E or GP and by the looks of it they do need attention to prevent infection. Plod are in for a surprise when they find they have been dupped by a thug.... me thinks.

WD

Now I'm not trying to stir things or to disbelieve what happened but were there any totally independent witnesses to what took place, I ask as this is otherwise going to boil down to your word against theirs. Who called the woodentops and did they see this happen?

PT

As far as i am aware only my partner but the police told me she could not be a witness. it happen inbetween my car and a neighbours van so its unlikely anyone else saw it.

After he let me go i said i was going to call the police and told my partner to get my phone, he then said he was going to call them. and did so.

Thats a good start....just to reiterate....you do really need to get those injuries looked at by A & E or your GP and as we now have a long weekend I think A & E would be the better option they need to be seen with every scratch in place before they fade? Is there any chance you can put an ear to the ground to see what the gossip is about the assault, you might find that mrs X saw it and told mrs y who then told....................................

WD