style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I had a loan secured on my car going back last year,

after losing my job i was unable to keep up with payments.

Yesterday i had a bailliff turn up at my door requiring possesion of my vehicle.

when i tried to get in to my car to retrive sum items he grabbed me by my neck and put me in a head lock trying to force me to the ground.

at this time my partner who was watching from the front door came running out screaming for him to stop, and he even went for her.

my 8 year old daughter was histerical and my dad had to come and take her away from the scene.

the bailliffs face was screwed up and he was like a possesed demon.

i am a 36 year olds and i am a very slim build. this guy was three times the size of me, and his excuse was he was resisting????

i have marks and cuts on my shoulder which have bruised up quite badly this morning and i had to take pain killers last night for the pain. i did managed to get 2 hours sleep.

what i dont understand is the police seemed to side with him saying the mark on my back does not justify an arrest. (i think they would say different if they saw my back today). and he was doing his job resisting me??

i have taken photos of my injury and sent them with my complaint to the loan company.

i just dont know what to do next as i just cant get it in to my head that he was allowed to get away with this?

can i re approach the police for a second opinion?

and to press charges?

the police basiclly said it was a civil matter and not criminal, but he assaulted me so whats civil about that..

Thanks for taking time to read my post and any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Phone your local police station and ask to speak to the head person, and press for charges. If they do not do anything the you can press for a private prosecution and reclaim the costs from your local police as they have failed to punish an assault.

Civil matter my backside! Go back to the Police station and file a complaint against the bailiff for assault, if the Police still refuse to accept that this is anything more than a civil matter, ask to speak to a senior officer, preferably the duty inspector, if he still tries to tell you they can do nothing, then ask him if he swore an oath and he stands by that oath.

In essence he has to uphold the law abiding by his oath, which means anyone causing a breach of the peace and any harm or loss to an individual is punishable under common law.

If he doesn't do this, then make a formal complaint to the duty inspector then to the IPCC.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I suggest you also take photographs of the injuries and seek medical advice in order to have it on record.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You say you had a loan secured on your car, Have you been to court and got a CCJ?

Is there a court order for reposession of the car?

Is this man a "bailiff" or just a debt collector?

hello all:-)

You have been assaulted and have witness to that. Go back to the police station and report this again if you are told it is a civil matter take the name and number of the officer and then insist on speaking to his senior. Get your wife to photograph every mark on your body and then go straight to your GP or local A & E to get the injuries recorded while they are fresh. Print these off and take copies with you when you go to the police station and leave them there (but ask for a receipt).

Moving on ...is this car on HP or is it financed through an external loan company seperate from the garage where it was bought

Please identify what Bailiff company owns this dangerous animal (do not name the dog itself just the owner)

WD

Hi Surfboy, No i have had no court order or anything, the only paperwork he had was a total of the monies owed by me to logbook loans. on headed paper

I spoke to someone via email at logbook loans last week and came to an arrangement to pay £300 but i email him back to see how i can pay it as i have no credit card and didnt have a reply. then this happened, i dont know the company they to recover vehicles as he was from a private firm. though i will be ringing them to find out, im now nervously off down the police station to file a complaint.will keep you all informed.

Thanks Guys

Do not phone anyone unless you can record the call, let the caggers help you get everything in black and white as you will then have everything you need to fight this. PLEASE identify the company we need to know in what capacity they are operating, bailiffs, debt collectors, high court enforcement this is very important as each have a frame work within.Do you still have those emails with logbook loans?

Debt collectors have no powers whatsoever, bailiffs must operate within guidlines and high court are a law unto themselves.

WD

You have been assaulted and have witness to that. Go back to the police station and report this again if you are told it is a civil matter take the name and number of the officer and then insist on speaking to his senior. Get your wife to photograph every mark on your body and then go straight to your GP or local A & E to get the injuries recorded while they are fresh. Print these off and take copies with you when you go to the police station and leave them there (but ask for a receipt).

Moving on ...is this car on HP or is it financed through an external loan company seperate from the garage where it was bought

Please identify what Bailiff company owns this dangerous animal (do not name the dog itself just the owner)

WD

Hi thanks for you info i have taken photos of my injuries and ive also sent them to logbookloans to show them the tactics their bailliffs are using to recover their debts. regarding the car, its mine no hp, but the £500 loan i had off the company was secured on the car, didnt really understand it at the time as i was desperate for money.(lesson learnt there). the total is now £2000+ and i have to pay £1000 plus £12 per day storage to get the car back within 14 days or it goes to auction. I Will identify the Baiiliffs as soon as i find out who they are.

Do not phone anyone unless you can record the call, let the caggers help you get everything in black and white as you will then have everything you need to fight this. PLEASE identify the company we need to know in what capacity they are operating, bailiffs, debt collectors, high court enforcement this is very important as each have a frame work within.Do you still have those emails with logbook loans?

Debt collectors have no powers whatsoever, bailiffs must operate within guidlines and high court are a law unto themselves.

WD

i dont know who the firm acting on behalf of logbook loans was. its on the receipt i got but cant work it out it looks like DGCS Ltd does this ring any bells? the only way i can find out is to ring logbook loans. yes i have all the emails that have been sent and received.

Do you have an address on their letter heading? I have heard of them and if its the same mob they are debt collectors not bailiffs.If this is correct and I emphasis

the "if" then you are in a totally differant ball game and the police MUST take action immediately for they do not have the power to repossess your car.If everything seems confusing at the moment it is because caggers are short on facts but it will all come together eventually I promise.

WD

When you arranged your "loan" was it done as a Bill of Sale? It may help if you can scan t5he original documentation for us to see, make sure you you remove all personal details though.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you have an address on their letter heading? I have heard of them and if its the same mob they are debt collectors not bailiffs.If this is correct and I emphasis

the "if" then you are in a totally differant ball game and the police MUST take action immediately for they do not have the power to repossess your car.If everything seems confusing at the moment it is because caggers are short on facts but it will all come together eventually I promise.

WD

The receipt i had has logbook loans vehicle receipt on top, it has agent name, drivers name, collection date and time Etc, and just a checklist of the car. and a phone number to contact logbook loans. its being stored at a car auctions at a cost of £12 per day. you are very right when you say its confusing, my heads in a spin and dont know what to do first, Your help and advice is priceless. thank you

What needs to be established is if the logbook loan company have ordered repossession of your car, then we need to find out if they have done so legally, the answers to those questions lies in the paperwork and PT is the one to read the small print which is why he is asking to see all the documentation. Once it is established if they had the right to repossess then we need to explore if the way it was repossessed was carried out correctly.

There is no quick fix to sorting this out and each little step is important to getting the right result.

WD

When you arranged your "loan" was it done as a Bill of Sale? It may help if you can scan t5he original documentation for us to see, make sure you you remove all personal details though.

PT

Hi there, looking at the paperwork now i see that it does say bill of sale, at the time i had the loan i had to sign about 20 times and the paperwork was like a novel, also it was done inside my local cash generator store at 5pm.

I have just found this one one of the sheets

"The consumer credit act 1974 lays down certain requirements for your protection which should have been complied with when

this agreement was made. If they were not, we cannot enforce this agreement without getting a court order."

What does this mean

I am sure that log book loans can not remove your vehicle without a court order.

I suspect this "man" is not a bailiff, just someone sent round to get the car.

Were the police on the scene when he removed the car?

hello all:-)