style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It may be worth a go

A complaint to the magistrates naming the council as defendant as you are aggrieved by the bailiffs levy, in this case lack of levy or liability, giving them any right to enforce against you, the council are wholly responsible for the actions of their agent, tossendales, so they are named as the defendant. if you contact the council telling them you are doing this as the dogs that should have been called off are still snapping at your heels, send an email and copy your MP in imho to back up any phone call which you should record if you can

Others will be able to advise further,

I looked up my MP's contact details and the email address given on his website is incorrect - it just gets better!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked up my MP's contact details and the email address given on his website is incorrect - it just gets better!!

use http://www.writetothem.com, they will be able to send a letter direct to your MP

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Fascinating thread - thank you folks!

I have rossendales back in my life at the mo... nasty arrogant little man who tells me he is back on friday to remove my furniture .. we shall see.

As a new one on here, Im just looking around, absorbing advice and when I find the energy, will post about it too.

Sorry you are having a ****ty time with R'dales and really impressed with the advice here. x

Have replied to the MP, with everything brass necked has said, including the copy of the ombudsmens report.

Have received a reply from the council this morning:

Thank you for your email dated 31 August 2011 which has been registered as a complaint under the Council's complaints procedure. This procedure allows 20 days for a complete response to be sent to you. I will now investigate your complaint thoroughly and respond appropriately within this timescale.

Yours sincerely

Jx Axxxxxx

Revenues Manager

• 3 weeks later...

Have received a reply from the council this morning.

In response to your complaint I requested a report from Rossendales of the action they have taken. I note that they did ask you to provide details relating to ownership of the car. However, as you have pointed out, you would not be able to provide evidence relating to a car that does not belong to you. I have therefore requested Rossendales to make independent enquiries to establish ownership of the car which will then enable me to fully resolve your complaint. They have advised me that this can take upto 3 weeks and I will therefore be in contact with you again once I have received their response.

In the meantime if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Jx Axxxxxxx

Revenues Manager

Suffolk Coastal D C

In response to your complaint I requested a report from Rossendales of the action they have taken. I note that they did ask you to provide details relating to ownership of the car. However, as you have pointed out, you would not be able to provide evidence relating to a car that does not belong to you. I have therefore requested Rossendales to make independent enquiries to establish ownership of the car which will then enable me to fully resolve your complaint. They have advised me that this can take upto 3 weeks and I will therefore be in contact with you again once I have received their response.

In the meantime if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Jx Axxxxxxx

Revenues Manager

Suffolk Coastal D C

That must rate as one of the biggest load of rollocks I have heard in a long time. Rottendales have direct access to DVLA so all it would take is a couple of days max.

Solution - and you can start this off this afternoon by email backed up by a copy in the post.

Write back to the Council and advise them they now have 7 days to sort this out, you are aggrieved by the levy the Bailiff has made and despite requests to both them & the Council nothing has been done. You will therefore file a Regulation 46 Complaint in the local Magistrates Court where the Council will be named as Defendant.

For good measure send copies to the Council CEO and your local Councillor(s) + leader of the Council and his opposite number. Done now it will make their weekend.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That must rate as one of the biggest load of rollocks I have heard in a long time. Rottendales have direct access to DVLA so all it would take is a couple of days max.

Solution - and you can start this off this afternoon by email backed up by a copy in the post.

Write back to the Council and advise them they now have 7 days to sort this out, you are aggrieved by the levy the Bailiff has made and despite requests to both them & the Council nothing has been done. You will therefore file a Regulation 46 Complaint in the local Magistrates Court where the Council will be named as Defendant.

For good measure send copies to the Council CEO and your local Councillor(s) + leader of the Council and his opposite number. Done now it will make their weekend.

PT

Am going to do this right now! before they all go home.

Leader of the Council is an elected position from one of the political parties, the analogy would be David Cameron with Ed Milliband as his opposite number. The details should be on the Council website, if stuck name your Council and we'll have a look.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

didnt add the chairman. have received a reply from the opposition though:

I have received your email. If you find out that you're not getting anywhere with the Council and Dr poulter, let me know and I will see what I can do to bring pressure to bear.

Regards,

If you get the chance either show them in person or give them the link to this website so they can see for themselves what sorts of things are going on, you may have to remind them that their officers are condoning these practices and should it come to Court they could also be summonsed.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hope this comes to a satisfying conclusion.

I would write the MP and tell him if he doesn't know what goes on in the real world then you'll be voting for someone else next election. That normally gets their snouts out of the trough and back to working ways.. :madgrin:

Tbh, I'm a bit annoyed the local mp, has not really responded at all other then asking for my address. The one in my earlier post was not one from the correct constiuency. I had emailed both and typical the one that responds is the one that's wrong.

Have received this in reply to the email sent on Friday. This is from the person I replied with direct,

Thank you for your email.* I would agree with you that the matter needs to be*resolved as soon as possible, however, the main point of your complaint involves*ownership of the car on which Rossendales levied.* Unfortunately until I receive confirmation of ownership I cannot bring the matter to a conclusion.* I would suggest that The Magistrates would also need this information.

I will be in contact with you immediately I have*this confirmation.

Yours sincerely

Jx*Axxxxxx

Revenues Manager

Have received this in reply to the email sent on Friday. This is from the person I replied with direct,

Thank you for your email.* I would agree with you that the matter needs to be*resolved as soon as possible, however, the main point of your complaint involves*ownership of the car on which Rossendales levied.* Unfortunately until I receive confirmation of ownership I cannot bring the matter to a conclusion.* I would suggest that The Magistrates would also need this information.

I will be in contact with you immediately I have*this confirmation.

Yours sincerely

Jx*Axxxxxx

Revenues Manager

That is a cop out and I suspect he well knows that. You cannot provide for something you do not own. If you decide to go down the Reg 46 Complaint route you can of course swear a Statement of Truth on your submission. has this prat also read this :http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?262730-Has-a-bailiff-quot-levied-quot-upon-a-car-that-is-NOT-owned-by-you-...-LOCAL-GOVERNMENT-OMBUDSMAN-S-Report-!!!!%281-Viewing%29-nbsp

I would give his 7 days to resolve this, he needs reminding the Council are 100% responsible for the actions of their contractor - in this case the Bailiff.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]