Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


1 Neutral
  1. In normal circumstances you wouldn't have a contract with the parking company, hence why the advice is normally to file in the bin. However when it comes to a university, he may have signed for (and formed a contract for) a parking permit. This obviously ties his registration number to his student account, and means that if he breaks the contract (such as parking in odd places) then he would be liable for those charges. He could however argue the charges being a penalty in the contract, and unenforceable, similar to the bank charges. But he'd be going up against the university and this may put him at a disadvantage.
  2. This is indeed correct, a Minor can form a contract, but can choose to repudiate that contract at any point. If UKCPS contend that the minor formed a contract with them, then the minor can obviously repudiate that and avoid payment. They may well try and come back on the RK, but obviously the RK would have to be proven to be party to the contract in some way, and UKCPS's contracts are sufficiently hard to enforce currently that I doubt it would stand up in court in this circumstance.
  3. Looks like some names were edited out to me, probably just CAG protecting themselves...
  4. Have you pointed out to them that the DVLA don't hold any information on vehicle ownership?
  5. They have no way to actually ascertain who the owner of the vehicle is - it's not a piece of information that the DVLA hold!
  6. What I don't get is why they're so set on you agreeing to pay your own costs, if they approve something they have no control over really? If your evidence is sound that you don't owe anything, then the judge will rule in your favour. If your counter claim shows they do in fact owe it, they'll owe you money, plus their fees, plus your fees!
  7. Err, no, you want to be able to claim back the set-aside fee as well as any other costs. They started this, and should understand the consequences! If you have the proof, then they've not got a leg to stand on!
  8. I'd say do as the man says, send him the proof and give him a reasonable period of time to sort it out (say 14 days). He would say that about costing you more than it was worth - but his client brought the action and should be prepared for the consequences! He was also talking bollocks about "his client agreeing" - whilst that makes things easier, the Judge would make a decision anyway!
  9. You may be best phoning them, and advising that you may have overpaid, in addition to the cheque that you have sent them and asking them not to cash it. Stopping the cheque may not be the best of ideas. It's possible in the crossover between the companies, that something has been double paid or invoiced, and that's where this has come from, or that they have forgotten to send you a bill.
  • Create New...