Change of circumstances

Afraid11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening guys,

Just a quick question for anybody who may know the answer?

Have i heard or read correctly that u have 30days to declare a change of circumstance?

Im three wks pregnant and have got back with the father of my first child.

Have pregnancy confirmation app Thurs and will declaring my changes then, will this be ok? Is there a time frame?

Any advice appreciated.x

Thanks so much Life goes on.

I know he hasnt as he doesnt have much mail .

Thanks for ur concern, u guys are great people.

Keep up the great work u all do, have a good day all!x

Morning,

Another question id like a answer to please if poss?

What will happen once i declare him to IS, Council, Housing ben, Child tax?

Whats the procedure?

What things do they want to know etc?

Many thanks in advance, just want to know how long it takes and what will happen?

Curious.com.x

Are you receiving IS as you were a lone parent? If yes then your claim will close and then you will need to look at a partner claim for either JSA or if one of you ha a health condition that would prevent you from working and a GP will issue with a Statement of Fitness for Work (new style sick note) then you could make a couple claim for ESA. Being pregnant will not be a reason on it's own for claiming ESA. That is of course assuming that your partner is not working at the moment.

If your partner is working at least 16 hours a week then you can claim for Tax Credits as a family unit and you will be assessed for a new entitlement for CTC and possible WTC.

You may still be entitled to help with your rent and council tax but that depend on your household circumstances and income.

Thanks to everyone.

This is a very sticky situation! Basically my partner hasnt any recourse to public funds i have declared my changes today to IS + HB+CTB waiting a call back frm IS as they didnt have answer for me regarding my entiltment and said theyd inform b4 stopping my claim as i really dont have any other income.

HB-CTB have said to put it all in writing that id have to pay about £60 Per wk to have him there but again couldnt tell me for sure.

If my benefits were to stop i really dont know how id feed my unborn and 2yr old child?

Im in temp acc private rent which the council pay.

Ive been to CAB and they said it wouldnt effect anything as he cant work or claim that if they stop my money to go back to them.

Im just not convinced ive done the right thing?

Im so worried + stressed out on the verge of a nervous break down!

What if i get evicted and all my benefits stop what am i honestly going to do, thought id be honest do the right thing! Cant stop crying.=

I think you would be required to claim JSA as you won't have any condition of entitlement to IS when he moves in. He doesn't have any recourse to public funds so it will be up to yu to support the family unit on exactly the same money that you currently receive now from TC, ChB and IS which will become JSA. You will be able to restrict your Job Seekers Agreement as you are a parent to a certain extent as long as you are willing to seek work for a minimum of 16 hours. Pregnancy does not exclude you from the job market until you are 29 weeks pregnant (or you can actually work legally up to the date before your EDD) I know a lady who did that woth her 4th child!

I have declared him as my boyfriend-father to my child and unborn but he hasnt moved in yet.

After talking with a few people regarding my housing situation and his immigration status i think for now he continues to live where he is at the mo.

Many thanks for ur reply. Am now waiting on forms from IS.

However please don't think that I am trying to scare you with this but they could deem that you are to be treated as a couple for benefit purposes but you are what is called "geographically separated", the only reason that you are not living together is that you would lose your award to IS and they could terminate your award if the decision makers come to this decision. As soon as you report that you are pregnant and are claiming IS on the grounds of being a lone parent you will automatically be referred to an investigation team sorry :(

Thanks for ur input guys.

Yes i have declared him as my partner but we cant leave together for more than 1 reason.

Firstly his immigration status, it would effect his application and housing benefit would want his passport and thats near impossible at the mo and until they get it theyd suspend my claim.

Secondly my landlord wont give permission to have him at their property.

Ive been honest at the end of the day , what will be will be. x

Yes but as flumps says, you've already declared he's your partner. Had you not done this, and have never lived together then it might be easier to convince an investigating team that you're not a couple - but you've already declared you are. You may have some difficulties ahead.

Ive declared that im pregnant and that im now with the father but i havent told them were living together because were'nt.

I thought i had to tell them EVERY change in my circumstances?

Are u allowed to be partners, boyfriend + girlfriend without living together?

Very grateful for all the insight appreciated.

Yes any single person is entitled to have a partner. :)

As long as not deliberately living apart to protect benefits and as long as not contributing eg, paying for the shop at the till etc....and then eating meals etc... at your home too regulary. If the father to a new child thats fine also if you cannot live together, but you have to consider that if that is the case you would need to formally protect yourself by being careful.

By the way I am no insider, just another single mum who would protect herself and the kids knowing I am relying on benefits which others pay for.

Any person who is truly a couple as in having kids etc....spending loads of time together etc.....who but for finances would live together, need to think that your quality of life having the support of that partner on tap, especially when have new baby, is surely worth more than money. ps. that is no lecture, but fact is only you know wether you are single with partner or couple when it comes down to it.

Best of luck xx

Edited by watchinginvestigation2011
Edited as realised partner has no income xxsorryxx

Morning,

1 Week and a phone call to request another form to be sent out, because obviously the first one didnt arrive.

Still no form , postman been and gone?

Ive verbally told them but want it in writing as i dont want them stopping payments cos they say i never told them etc.

Now what?