Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

must be good a nice bit of 3k cash for sitting back talking to clients while we do all the work and we get nothing bar work for your benefit .

the whole system is a mess.

the government schemes no matter how many they have in place people are still gonna be unemployed so instead of throwing millions of cash on waste of time schemes invest it into the uk and put 1 plan in place instead of a few.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My best INGEUS story was when I first started there they said I should go on a NVQ customer service level 2 course. I replied and said "No thanks, I don't see much point considering I have the LEVEL 4 qualification" Then they said "how are your interview skills, a course may help you" I replied "I have interviewed people and been interviewed many times before and could probably run the course for you, in fact do you want to do a mock interview on me when you are free?" Again, red faces, and silence

lol she got put in her place there!

i dont see why they offer u to go on retail courses as end of the day does it mean u are gonna get a job when u have done it? no would be my answer.

u even get people come out university and they passed all there things and still end up in the job centre so to me its nothing about we are not trying hard enough its just all these jobs have 100 people+ going for them and u get one new shop open and then 2 or 3 getting shut down .

My local Aldi had 700 people going for 6 jobs when it opened late last year - says it all

was this the aldi that was on some news websites? as i remember reading about i think it was aldi and 600 700 or more had turned up?

Just popping in for my monthly rant about this sham of an organisation.

Got an email from my Ingeus advisor yesterday - "Call me ASAP about a job offer". I assumed - wrongly- that I was potentially getting a job. I called back excitedly andd the conversation went as follows -

"Hi, what's the job offer?"

"Hi, how would you feel working at Poundland?"

"Sure! Have you got me an interview booked for them? Or something?"

"Well, no. Basically what's going to happen is that we've booked you into our other Ingeus office in another town - 75 minute bus journey, 15 minute walk to the office - for 9am on Monday morning. You'll have to dress smartly and take a C.V with you. You will be part of a group interview with Ingeus and you'll undertake several group activities and teambuilding exercises. It might last a couple of hours."

"....what about Poundland????"

"Well if you perform well at the interview and put on a smile and show a good attitude, you could get referred to a potential interview with someone from Poundland."

"How many people will get referred to an interview?"

"Only those who pass the group interview."

"So it'll be the "best" candidate picked from the group interview while the others get nothing?"

"Well I wouldn't say they get 'nothing', they'll get valuable interview experience and it's better than sitting around the house all day."

"What happens if I don't go?"

"You can choose not to go but the Jobcentre will have to find out and it'll be up to them whether it will affect your benefits"

OH MY GOD GUYS I CANT HANDLE THIS PLACE ANY MORE!!!

Well, you've got him by the you-know-whats straight away! If he sent an email then it's not a correctly mandated appointment - should have been in writing.

'Method of sending the MAN

40. The MAN must be either handed directly or posted to the participant. If

it is posted it is deemed to have been received on the second working

day after posting (see above).

41. It is not acceptable to use electronic methods, such as text or email, to

send the MANs to participants.

You can report him to the DWP for failing to follow clear guidance AND, as he was also threatening you with a sanction because of his error you can report him for that too. I'd tell his Manager that you're reporting him too - then he'll get it off them as well.

I cannot state this clearly enough. You need to stand your ground with this pathetic organisation - make them know you are not a pushover. These interviews/training events/group activities ARE NOT something that lead to jobs, they are MWA with nothing at the end of it designed to ensure the DWP/WP is ticking boxes to say how well they are doing and to ensure participants have no life and not working on the side. I have refused everything INGEUS have thrown at me with regards to these events and NEVER had any problems as I tell them they are no use to me whatsoever and I am happy to continue with my job searches of my own accord.

And as people have said, everything MUST be in writing, no calls, no texts otherwise they have not followed protocol and can be reported

Well I have just completed this weeks job searches, all on CV-Library and also done my follow up emails (12 of them) which is a waste of time but INGEUS want me to do them so who am I to argue with their brilliant thinking?! So far 3 replies, 2 of the jobs were filled internally and the other one was withdrawn - total waste of time which is why I am making no effort at the moment - it is sickening

Just popping in for my monthly rant about this sham of an organisation.

"Well, no. Basically what's going to happen is that we've booked you into our other Ingeus office in another town - 75 minute bus journey, 15 minute walk to the office - for 9am on Monday morning."

Only one rant per month ??? :!:

75 min on the bus, plus another 15 minutes walk - Have they accounted for:

• The walking distance & time from your house to the nearest bus stop.
  • What time the buses start running in the morning.

If you work back from 9:00AM, allow a little time to arrive early along with sufficient time if there are any bus changes required, can you get there in 90 minutes (including walking time) ?

In these parts, public transport sucks at 7-7:30AM, and as jasta11 has commented, telephone calls are insufficient for a M.A.N.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I'm not going. I'll think of an excuse. I wish I had the balls to just tell them to **** off and leave me alone but I'm too damn nice!

They emailed me earlier telling me to be there for 8:45am (to make a good impression!!!), which means I would need to get a bus at 7:30am (I think it's actually just a 60 minute journey, not a 75 minute one) which means I would need to be up at, like, 6:45am to get a shower and breakfast and walk to the bus stop! Not a bloody chance it's happening.

WHY DID I FALL INTO THEIR TRAP?!

"bombombom"

i would have refer to there offices about them not following by the rules and not issuing a MAN as i have learn on this forum from nice and helpful people not to listen to there rules inless been issued a MAN and am sure there manager would agree they did not follow the rules and did not issue a MAN so they should not be threatening u with a sanction .

i hope u do get out of this and be there for 845? an hour bus trip a hope they are paying for your travel! and these things they say got u a job and then u ask is it and they say well no they should not be aloud to do this its false hope.

Could not have put it better myself, especially this bit:

"Good luck in your Ingeus life. Remember - they are not there to help you - they are there to help themselves - to taxpayer money."

i agree i dont see why ingeus or any wp should get money for us doing all the work? as that is what is wrong with government why waste all the money on a WP and then reward the staff for doing nothing bar us doing the hard work if they get money for us getting into work i dont see why we dont get the money as we are the unemployed and they have a job!.

My ingeus advisor gets £100, for everyone who gets a job or gets fed up and leaves while they are with him...

His target set by ingeus not him is 8 a month. he told me he always beats this, nice bonus a month dont you think for doing nothing! :evil:

Could not have put it better myself, especially this bit:

"Good luck in your Ingeus life. Remember - they are not there to help you - they are there to help themselves - to taxpayer money."

Looks like my critical post about Ingeus has been removed. Is Ingeus pressuring CAG to remove posts?

My ingeus advisor gets £100, for everyone who gets a job or gets fed up and leaves while they are with him...

How much does the client get if he/she persuades the adviser to leave ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

was to ask this for my friend.

his WP adviser has told him he should be putting down jobs on his UJM everyday but he said how can he do that as there never is jobs he can apply for everyday as he has not got much work experience so he cant exactly apply for a job that want only people with experience.

not sure if anybody has had this done but surely he does not need to put down a job everyday on his UJM but only when he has applied for an actual job ?

his WP adviser has told him he should be putting down jobs on his UJM everyday but he said how can he do that as there never is jobs he can apply for everyday as he has not got much work experience so he cant exactly apply for a job that want only people with experience.

not sure if anybody has had this done but surely he does not need to put down a job everyday on his UJM but only when he has applied for an actual job ?

If you can't find jobs on UJM then just write in the activity box that you checked other websites for jobs. Indeed and Gumtree are usually pretty ideal for new jobs. You could say you visited those websites daily and that you checked, for example, the Greggs recruitment website for vacancies as well. I don't think everything has to be a job you applied for specifically, even just mentioning you updated your CV or checked the library job point for jobs should get them off your back. :)

Looks like my critical post about Ingeus has been removed. Is Ingeus pressuring CAG to remove posts?

No, we have not heard a word from Ingeus, and as far as I know we never do. Heck, there are over 5000 posts in this thread, none of which say nice things about that company.

Check your PMs.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I had similar happen with the jobcentre but I don't advise allowing access to UJM as it's more hassle then it's worth

You could record a few jobs you look at that you couldn't do such as polish speaking shop assistant when you don't speak polish, admin jobs that require driving when you have no license

They should be jobs where you won't be penalised for not applying though

My JSAg only specifies 'checking' UJ so I usually log in each day, create a new search and this gets logged in the 'My Activities' bit. Do a screenshot of that and it's proof that I've been into UJ regularly as required. If I actually do find a couple of jobs which I can apply for externally - and only externally - I'll stick those down too.

It's time the DWP stopped telling people to use UJ. We know it's crap and the JC staff certainly know it too - it's the managers putting pressure on them to promote it that's the real problem.

Well. if like me you find that over a period of say 6 weeks EVERY job you look at on various sites is the same because they (a) do not exisit or (b) just there to get you to sign up then applying becomes problematic. I started INGEUS in Feb this year and every search I do, 3 months later, delivers the SAME JOBS as were there when I first started looking. In fact I know myself, just to keep them off my back, I have applied for the same job 2-3 times via another 'agency' - total waste of time and effort hence I am in CV-Library one click mode at the moment as I am getting nowhere and canot be bloody well arsed to sit for hours applying for jobs that I know are fake

I had some spare time this afternoon so I picked one job out that I knew had been on various websites for around 6 weeks. I done some investigations and managed to find the company where the job belonged and called them to ask about the job. Their reply was "that vacancy was filled internally around 4 weeks ago" and yet it is still on three websites I use. I informed them of this and they simply said "OK, we'll look in to it" Great isn't it?

I had some spare time this afternoon so I picked one job out that I knew had been on various websites for around 6 weeks. I done some investigations and managed to find the company where the job belonged and called them to ask about the job. Their reply was "that vacancy was filled internally around 4 weeks ago" and yet it is still on three websites I use. I informed them of this and they simply said "OK, we'll look in to it" Great isn't it?

They'll know exactly what they're doing; keeping jobs on the site to make it look as though it's bursting full of wonderful opportunities - most of which didn't exist in the first place or were filled ages ago. 'Leave 'em up there as it makes the site look good' I can hear they saying.

As I've often said on here, everything is about image and looking good. Like a big cake in a shop window which has a thin layer of cream on top but is actually hollow on the inside. Meanwhile we keep merrily clicking away just to keep the JC happy.