Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The core problem is too many people chasing too few jobs. No matter how much window dressing and motivational speeches takes place the problem cannot be resolved without the powers that pulling us out of recession. With this lot in at present I have more chance of find the Holy Grail.

Odset, when do the figures come out for the WP I heard they are out now?

28th of May I believe.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

What do you think will happen, apart from the usual statement of it being too early to judge balony!

"The figures show that we have exceeded expectations and have done better than our competitors."

Translation: The target was set so low so that even one short term placement is seen as a success. Our competitors suck too, but we have a better PR department to spin the numbers.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

What do you think will happen, apart from the usual statement of it being too early to judge balony!

The facts speak for themselves, or hopefully will! It's been nearly two years for the WP, none of the providers have come anywhere near expectations. In fact the performance of the scheme is worse than the predicted figures for a return to work where there had been no intervention.

It will be interesting to find out just how many claimants originally mandated for two years will be returned to JCP without having as much as a sniff at sustainable employment, my money is on most of them. That alone is reason enough to scrap the not-fit-for-purpose scheme.

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

The DM is trotting out the usual 2.5 million unemployment figure, we all know it's far more than that, anyone on the WP is omitted from the figures because the government regard them as officially working, which is cobblers by any standard. Part time work is routinely used as proof that policy on unemployment is working.

2.5 million? Add all those that are not working, or economically inactive, and the figures would be eye watering.

My friend had an appointment on Friday and said his so called advisor was happier than usual, and suggested to hand CVs in around the city centre and come back in to tell her where he had handed them in, he wants to know does he have to do this? He refused and he said the advisor then looked annoyed, will he get sanctioned? I mean why come back In?

Was the instruction given in writing, or was it just verbal ?

If the latter, then I'd have probably declined using a phrase along the lines of "please explain why you think this activity is appropriate to my needs". Being careful not to make it sound like an outright refusal... If the instruction had been given in writing, then it may be possible that a sanction is in the pipeline, in which case, study the wording and appeal. If it was verbal, and the net result was just an annoyed "adviser", an enforcible sanction is unlikely.

As for returning to the office, I suppose it would enable them to update timesheets to say X number of hours had been spent on a (pointless) activity and justify the refund of travel expenses.

Was the instruction given in writing, or was it just verbal ?

If the latter, then I'd have probably declined using a phrase along the lines of "please explain why you think this activity is appropriate to my needs". Being careful not to make it sound like an outright refusal...

As for returning to the office, I suppose it would enable them to update timesheets to say X number of hours had been spent on a (pointless) activity and justify the refund of travel expenses.

K thanks, I struggled to see how this would benefit the advisor.he said after he refused the advisor said just email me them then, what do you mean update time sheets? Do you mean it is to make it look like they've done something to help you of something like that?

K thanks, I struggled to see how this would benefit the advisor.he said after he refused the advisor said just email me them then, what do you mean update time sheets? Do you mean it is to make it look like they've done something to help you of something like that?

I would think so, yes. They have to be seen to be doing something, even if what they do is pointless.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

what do you mean update time sheets? Do you mean it is to make it look like they've done something to help you of something like that?

Exactly what I meant - They have to show that they are doing something in order to justify the money being wasted. Sending the poor conscripts out on the street to shove letters through doors saves heating the office and cuts down on buying stamps.

May also be a reason why we are seeing very little post from Ingeus at work - Last year, it used to be great piles of bin fodder on a daily basis, now, just a handful each week.

I just looked at their site, all the usual carp.

loosely translated that means, we will ignore any skills or experience you have and push you into a call centre or retail job.

The usual 'secret jobs' rubbish.

So they have watched supermarket sweep at some point and have an in-depth knowledge of the retail industry.

Another set of clowns.

In general, it is estimated that 80% of jobs are never advertised - and if any Work Programme Provider was able to access these vacancies for the unemployed, their success rate would be close to 80%.

The facts speak for themselves, or hopefully will! It's been nearly two years for the WP, none of the providers have come anywhere near expectations. In fact the performance of the scheme is worse than the predicted figures for a return to work where there had been no intervention.

It will be interesting to find out just how many claimants originally mandated for two years will be returned to JCP without having as much as a sniff at sustainable employment, my money is on most of them. That alone is reason enough to scrap the not-fit-for-purpose scheme.

I suspect that the George Iain Duncan Smith and others of his ilk will take extreme pride in highlighting the success figures produced by the Employer Services Trade Body, and entirely ignore the Officially Sanctioned Figures (which should appear in font size 1 in the footnote of page 245 of the report).

It amazes me that the Work Programmes have been allowed to go on for this long knowing they are not really helping. I was at Ingeus on Tuesday, showed my 6th Advisor (2nd time i have had this one) the list of jobs i had applied for, he looked at them and the said i didn't know you were looking for that type of work (it was a room attendant job) This is a advisor who is paid to help you find the work you want/need, yet even though i have been with Ingeus for almost 2years, been with this advisor twice, he still doesn't know what type of jobs i'm after, i understand they have alot of clients, but they have all our details, which i gather come up on screen when our names are typed in. Also this new thing of having to do voluntary work, about 3 years ago i was doing voluntary work and the job centre knew all the details i even told them that a paid position may be coming up at the place i was a volunteer for at a later date, yet the job centre were always on my back to leave and find paid work, which i was still trying to do at the time, i still job searched, but they were on my back all the time so i quit the voluntary work and now spend my spare time at Ingeus....oooh the joys ha.

It amazes me that the Work Programmes have been allowed to go on for this long knowing they are not really helping

The scheme really isn't about helping you or other job seekers, it's about private business earning profit on you and other job seekers. The reason it's allowed to go on is because the government are happy to pay the drones taxpayers money for nothing.

Edited by citizenB

Getting fed up with the lack of support or being dumped on another pointless course so that you can find out the best way to fold a sheet of toilet paper ?

Contact your local council - Many run a training department and provide courses at a discounted rate for the unemployed. My council ran a few "employability training" courses, pretty inane two/three hour sessions on CV and cover letter writing. However, the incentive was access to real courses at a discounted rate, for example, a three day First Aid at Work course for £10.

Doing the FA@W course didn't help me find a job, but it was something else to put on the JCP diary and say I funded/did this without the "help" of pimpo. If you can find any free/cheap council run courses, it also gives you reason to stick a finger up at WP "courses".

The scheme really isn't about helping you or other job seekers, it's about private business earning profit on you and other job seekers. The reason it's allowed to go on is because the government are happy to pay the drones taxpayers money for nothing.

Plus to admit that they have made a huge mistake and wasted loads of money would affect their reputations, jobs and possible election

It's already pretty obvious how little people seeking a job and anyone on any benefits matter

Edited by citizenB

I've just retuned from A4greed. Apparently I am reaching the end of my 2 year sentence and will be consigned back to the JCP as unwanted stock. Does that make me a Work Programme reject? I was told that before my return the JCP insist that I am sent on a course. This could either be a 2 week or a 2 day course, mercifully I am slated for the latter. The advisor was unable to give me any details of the required course other than it is mandatory and I was told that it is not the famous Jonty Oliffe-Cooper "how to wipe your bottom" course. I cannot imagine what would require 2 days let alone 2 weeks.

I've just retuned from A4greed. Apparently I am reaching the end of my 2 year sentence and will be consigned back to the JCP as unwanted stock. Does that make me a Work Programme reject? I was told that before my return the JCP insist that I am sent on a course. This could either be a 2 week or a 2 day course, mercifully I am slated for the latter. The advisor was unable to give me any details of the required course other than it is mandatory and I was told that it is not the famous Jonty Oliffe-Cooper "how to wipe your bottom" course. I cannot imagine what would require 2 days let alone 2 weeks.

Seems like cruel and unusual punishment to me.

If they can't tell you what the "course" entails, how can you/they judge that it is appropriate to your circumstances or needs ?

As you are so close to the exit, make 'em squirm and justify their mandatory "course" in writing.

If they can't tell you what the "course" entails, how can you/they judge that it is appropriate to your circumstances or needs ?

As you are so close to the exit, make 'em squirm and justify their mandatory "course" in writing.

Never seem to know about the courses where I go for the WP

Makes me wonder why they think they'll be of any use when they can't answer questions

Given that the Work Programme has only reportedly generated a success rate of 2.5%, the failure resides solely with the Welfare To Work Sector, and the lack of competence amongst Welfare To Work Clerks.

It would be somewhat naive for anyone to levy the accusation that, simply because no W2W Clerk was able to communicate your skills and experiences with an employer, and that because they could not negotiate any interview on your behalf, that you should implicitly be accused of failing as if you are responsible for being unemployed.