Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i have just signed on and i have been waiting for a letter of ingeus telling me to come in at a time and date, but i have just checked my phone and i have a text message of them saying can you come in tomorrow at 4:00 i recieved this text message at 7:30 in the evening and find it very short notice .. this will be my 2nd visit to ingeus as i had a job for 4months so i did not have to go.. i was wondering does anyone know what they will do as they already have my CV, info etc from my previous visit..

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

easiest thing to do when you do go to the WP is to advise that the line has been disconnected and is no longer in use for you so they should remove the number, simply advise that in the event of taking out a new number you will inform all departments that require the number but obviously forget to do so.

Aren't they meant to give you a certain amount of notice for an appointment?

If it's a M.A.N they're supposed to inform you by letter which is 'taken to be received on the second working day after posting' (unless handed to you personally).

...'CAN you come in...?

Er, No, busy, need more notice next time!

Aren't they meant to give you a certain amount of notice for an appointment?

Im not sure, maybe someone on here might be able to tell us but to be on the safe side I would just attend to avoid a doubt.

They might look at it as you have to be available 24 hours a day and attend anytime, just like someone working would. Or that would be their excuse anyway.

Hey if you claim ESA you have to inform DWP if you are away from home for 24 hours so maybe JSA is the same. Dont you have to ask for time off to go on holiday?

Im in the support group and it is getting too much for me. Its like watching an endless stream of people being executed and I am at the back of this queue. Watching my own fate.

It all worries me.

If it's a M.A.N they're supposed to inform you by letter which is 'taken to be received on the second working day after posting' (unless handed to you personally).

...'CAN you come in...?

Er, No, busy, need more notice next time!

Thumbs up for your answer :-)

I was at WP today. I've been going approx every 6 weeks since I was sentenced last May, but now all of a sudden because I'm 'ready' to go into work (not new) they wanted me to start attending weekly! I protested and got it to fortnightly, but it's only getting worse. I was quite happy with 15 mins b.s every 6 weeks - I could handle that. 'Playing the game' is becoming very tiresome :-D

Funny thing today. Whilst I was there the 'advisor' produced some job advert sheets, all of which I've already seen, and two of which were from a company she said they had one of these 'special relationships' with.

I told her I'd already seen these jobs but there was a reason I hadn't applied. I couldn't think what it was because the adverts she produced looked right up my street.

When I got home I checked out this company's jobsite and for these two vacancies the WP had omitted a vital piece of information - required qualifications. I don't have a Degree or an A levels so didn't think it wise to waste my time applying.

It got me thinking though. Was it a genuine mistake or a ploy to get as many people as possible applying for jobs they're not likely to get? Whats the point of that? They must be desperate to prove they're doing something. (god knows what though)

I was at WP today. I've been going approx every 6 weeks since I was sentenced last May, but now all of a sudden because I'm 'ready' to go into work (not new) they wanted me to start attending weekly! I protested and got it to fortnightly, but it's only getting worse. I was quite happy with 15 mins b.s every 6 weeks - I could handle that. 'Playing the game' is becoming very tiresome :-D

Funny thing today. Whilst I was there the 'advisor' produced some job advert sheets, all of which I've already seen, and two of which were from a company she said they had one of these 'special relationships' with.

I told her I'd already seen these jobs but there was a reason I hadn't applied. I couldn't think what it was because the adverts she produced looked right up my street.

When I got home I checked out this company's jobsite and for these two vacancies the WP had omitted a vital piece of information - required qualifications. I don't have a Degree or an A levels so didn't think it wise to waste my time applying.

It got me thinking though. Was it a genuine mistake or a ploy to get as many people as possible applying for jobs they're not likely to get? Whats the point of that? They must be desperate to prove they're doing something. (god knows what though)

Could be a ploy to get people to look like they are doing something or that the pimp is

My local pimp has advisers who strongly suggest sending loads of spec letters out so as to keep signing on

We can't have people doing nothing can we? At least that's the usual response, you have to look like your'e doing something even if that something is a futile waste of time.

One could waste some of the pimps time by continually asking them why they cannot meet the governments minimum back-to-work quota of 5.5%, or why they are useless 94.5% of the time, if claimant only achieved 5.5% of what was demanded by a pimp sanctions would no doubt follow, if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for us I say!

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

imo if anyone kills themself because the problems the welfare reform is going to cause then personally i think IDS should be charged with murder and made to face the consequences of his actions!

also IDS is a man who with a bad habit of lying, i bet everyday when he wakes up he thinks to himself what can i lie about today he has lied about his name, lied on his c/v and basically his life is just one big lie! if you or me lied on our c/v's claiming we're qualified to be rocket scientists and we got the job we're be sacked straight away when the truth was revealed so why is IDS still in position?! i'm on the WP and have been told that lying on your c/v is a big fat no no, IDS is not setting a very good example and has no right to dictate to the unemployed because he has lied about everything!

so Iain or George or whatever your name is everyone knows that you are just one big fake!!

I have been with Ingeus Newcastle for just over a year, i am onto my 6th advisor...one i had twice, and not one of them has done anything what so ever to help me find work, i did get a temp job xmas 2011 that lasted 6weeks i found the job, i applied and got it, yet my 1st advisor took all the credit , she would also look for jobs for herself during my 1 on 1s with her, and most weeks she would look through my job tracker i had to write and pick out any jobs i found that her other clients would like, so infact i was job searching for her clients too, the whole thing is a waste of time, i have been hassled by non english men to go out with them as you have to sit so close to each other at the PCs. Was shipped off to Gateshead branch for 18weeks as was told it was the next step a more advanced intense course....sat in room looked on PCs for 18 weeks,some of those weeks were in summer hols when my kid was off school, took him with me and was sent out the building as was told my kid wasn't allowed in building as it was too dangerous as some of the clients had just got out of prison for some nasty crimes (yet still they wanted to see me during school hols) then after 18wks shipped back to Newcastle, just last week was told to go in to apply for a job with Asda, we were all put in a room split into 3 teams and given 20mins to build the tallest tower out of plastic cups, paper and straws....i'm 37 years old and it was a joke, we were sent home straight after. i was there today for 2hour job searh on the PCs (which i have told them i can do at home and do) no jobs, it is so degrading and a total waste of time.

I was at WP today. I've been going approx every 6 weeks since I was sentenced last May, but now all of a sudden because I'm 'ready' to go into work (not new) they wanted me to start attending weekly!

Ready to go into work? surely you are ready to go into work from the day you sign on? :roll:

Ingeus haven't got a bloody clue!!! :evil:

Ready to go into work? surely you are ready to go into work from the day you sign on? :roll:

Haha, yeah I know.

She even had the cheek to propose '..coming to work here doing this'. I don't think she was too impressed by my response :noidea::madgrin:

It's a thing that they all do as on previous schemes I have been told I'm work-ready - as if I wasn't before doing a pointless placement

It's a stupid buzz-word kinda phrase

I have been with Ingeus Newcastle for just over a year, i am onto my 6th advisor...one i had twice, and not one of them has done anything what so ever to help me find work, i did get a temp job xmas 2011 that lasted 6weeks i found the job, i applied and got it, yet my 1st advisor took all the credit , she would also look for jobs for herself during my 1 on 1s with her, and most weeks she would look through my job tracker i had to write and pick out any jobs i found that her other clients would like, so infact i was job searching for her clients too, the whole thing is a waste of time, i have been hassled by non english men to go out with them as you have to sit so close to each other at the PCs. Was shipped off to Gateshead branch for 18weeks as was told it was the next step a more advanced intense course....sat in room looked on PCs for 18 weeks,some of those weeks were in summer hols when my kid was off school, took him with me and was sent out the building as was told my kid wasn't allowed in building as it was too dangerous as some of the clients had just got out of prison for some nasty crimes (yet still they wanted to see me during school hols) then after 18wks shipped back to Newcastle, just last week was told to go in to apply for a job with Asda, we were all put in a room split into 3 teams and given 20mins to build the tallest tower out of plastic cups, paper and straws....i'm 37 years old and it was a joke, we were sent home straight after. i was there today for 2hour job searh on the PCs (which i have told them i can do at home and do) no jobs, it is so degrading and a total waste of time.

Was the activity which you would probably have experienced at nursery school, down to Ingeus or some clerk from Asda who wanted to watch grown adults act as if they were infantile?

One of the vacancies which I applied for outside of Ingeus (I didnt sign the Data Protection Waiver, and therefore cannot access their IT System with Ultra Secret Vacancy Lists) was via an Agency, and they wanted me to attend a "Recruitment Day" which was modelled on "Dragons Den". Given that the agency hadn't even forwarded the CV to the Client and that no interview had been arranged, I declined, and the agency clerk was somewhat disappointed.

An advisor said to me when I first got the job that the details are needed as part of closing down your claim, is this true? Because I replied with telling them they're not even a 'spinn - off' of the JC, which they're not, a punishment for so called 'lazy'

An advisor said to me when I first got the job that the details are needed as part of closing down your claim, is this true? Because I replied with telling them they're not even a 'spinn - off' of the JC, which they're not, a punishment for so called 'lazy'

You don't have to give the pimps any reason or details about closing a claim, they want them so they can claim some dosh. Tell them to go f**k themselves, if you are signing off there is absolutely nothing they can demand from you whatsoever.

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

i was there today for 2hour job searh on the PCs (which i have told them i can do at home and do) no jobs, it is so degrading and a total waste of time.

I know how you feel i have to go for a 3 hour job search once a week, their is 4 of us who go and we have to tell her when we find a job we want to apply for.

So she can check i am doing it right makes me feel like a bloody 5 yr old! :mad2:

You don't have to give the pimps any reason or details about closing a claim, they want them so they can claim some dosh. Tell them to go f**k themselves, if you are signing off there is absolutely nothing they can demand from you whatsoever.

I Concur! they all want it so they can make money out of you :x

I know how you feel i have to go for a 3 hour job search once a week, their is 4 of us who go and we have to tell her when we find a job we want to apply for.

So she can check i am doing it right makes me feel like a bloody 5 yr old! :mad2:

Control freaks the lot of them, all part of the 'nurturing' process holding your hand every step of the way cobblers, you should ask them what time you all get your afternoon naps like all good little boys and girls in the infants!

Control freaks the lot of them, all part of the 'nurturing' process holding your hand every step of the way cobblers, you should ask them what time you all get your afternoon naps like all good little boys and girls in the infants!

Its beyond a joke :-x

Drives me mad every time i have to go, i have now been putting on an IT course so i can learn basic computer skills.

HELLO ive owned a computer for 18 yrs (not the same one of course) and i am very good on computers i told her this but it made no difference! :roll:

The whole WP is just to cheese you off as they dont give a stuff about you, all they want is to make money out of you!!!! :-x

Drives me mad every time i have to go, i have now been putting on an IT course so i can learn basic computer skills.

HELLO ive owned a computer for 18 yrs (not the same one of course) and i am very good on computers i told her this but it made no difference! :roll:

The whole WP is just to cheese you off as they dont give a stuff about you, all they want is to make money out of you!!!! :-x

I'm on ESA and have been mandated onto the WP, I have my first interview with Seetec tomorrow morning, one of the things I will be stressing to whoever I see is that apart from the respiratory problems I have, I also suffer from sporadic involuntary loss of consciousnesses, should this occur on their premises I may well require an ambulance as my head usually connects with some object or the other on the way down, I will also inform them that should this happen on their premises they can expect a personal injury claim to follow.

Meanwhile, there are people out there who can't use a computer and would love to go on a course like this...