• Tweets

• I left Dubai 8 years ago and intended to return. However a job prospect fell through. I’d been there for 15 years. Anyway I decided to pay my credit card and the bank had frozen my account. There is no means to pay the CC so completely unable to pay when I wanted to other than the bank advising me to ask a friend in the UAE to pay it on my behalf!  fast forward bank informs there is a police case against me for non payment. Years later IDR chased me and after months/ years they stopped. Now Judge & Priestley are trying their luck. Now I have received an email in English and Arabic from JP saying the bank has authorised them to collect debts. Is this the same as IDR although I didn’t receive anything like this from them. Just says they are authorised?
    • The neighbour's house is built right on the boundary so the side of their house is effectively the 'wall' in our garden separating the two properties. It's a three storey house and so the mortar poses a potential danger to us. Because of the danger, we have put up an interior fence in our garden to ensure we don't risk mortar dropping on us. That reduces the garden by 25% which is not only an inconvenience, but it's the part of the garden where we had lined up contractors to install a patio and gazebo which we will use for our wedding reception in less than 2 months. We have spoken to the neighbour's caretaker who is on the case, has spoken with a roofer and possibly a scaffolding company, but there are several issues. They don't seem to understand the urgency. As long as there is a risk of falling mortar, we can't carry out any work in the garden, and unless they hurry up, we're looking at cancelling our wedding as it's not viable to book a venue because we can't use our own garden! Also, they want to put the scaffolding up in our garden which would be ok with us if it was a matter of a few days and they hurried up, but there is a tree (most likely protected by the conservation area), so most likely they can only reach part of the roof with the scaffolding if they put it up in our garden. We suggested a roofer with a cherry picker but they seem to want to use a company they've used before. Any and all comments, suggestions, advice is more than welcome.  PS. does it make any difference that the neighbour is a business (ltd) and not a private dwelling?
    • No apology needed, thank you for what you do I am glad to hear they paid. well done on getting back what is yours
    • Apologies all for the late reply and info, i have been away with the Army. They have paid I accepted the offer on the 5th of May, and they paid on the 17th of May.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Universal Credit

a) As the Prime Contractor is aware, the Contracting Body is intendingto alter the benefit system such that Universal Credit will replace anumber of existing benefits. It is currently anticipated that thischange will be introduced from 2013 but the date is to be confirmedand may be such other date as the Contracting Body notifies inwriting to the Prime Contractor from time to time

They want Universal Credit to replace ALL benefits. and paid monthly.

Reducing Workless Households

The Contracting Body may at its sole discretion elect to extend the joint claim offer (second partner in a JSA joint claim referred alongwith the first partner who becomes eligible) to parents and their adultchildren in the same household.5.

Ministry of Justice top up for ex-offenders

Subject to political agreement, it is envisaged that the Ministry ofJustice may begin paying a top up to Work Programme providerswho help ex offenders. These ex-offenders will also be WorkProgramme customers and this payment is designed to helpproviders to put in place additional measures that will remove thebarriers to employment caused by repeated offending.

ANNEX 2MANDATORY WORK ACTIVITY PROGRAMMEALTERNATIVE AND/OR ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS1. Additional Definitions

:

“Allotted Time”

means four weeks from and including the datethe Customer starts an MWA placement

“Completer”

means a Customer who has reached the endof the Allotted Time

“Customers”

means the customers of the Contracting Bodywho are directly in receipt of the Services

Edited by curtseavers

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, some of these terms are hilariously politically incorrect!

“Landed Resources”

means when the Prime Contractor (or any of itsSub-contractors) cause foreign nationals to be brought to the United Kingdom, to provide the Services

“MWA”

means Mandatory Work Activity a provision whereby customers in receipt of JSA arereferred to the Prime Contractor by JCPPersonal Advisors to complete not less thanthirty (30) hours of work related activity overnot less than a four (4) week period

“MWA Placement StartDate”

means the date recorded by the PrimeContractor as the date the Customer starts theMWA placement and recorded on the

Contracting Body‟s PRaP system or such other

information technology or clerical systemprescribed by the Contracting Body

“PRaP”

means the Provider Referral and Payment system

“Start”

means that the Prime Contractor has confirmedthat the Customer can be provided with aplacement for the Allotted Time and that theCustomer has received the necessary healthand safety and standards of behaviourinduction and has attended the placement

“Start Fee”

means the fee payable when the PrimeContractor records the MWA Placement Start

Date on the Contracting Body‟s PRaP system

or such other information technology or clericalsystem prescribed by the Contracting Bodydeclaring that all conditions for paymentspecified herein have been met

Edited by curtseavers

Im sure you guys have read this before or segments, sorry about the posts but just wanted to get to ten so I couldp ost the link haha

Not likely to happen tonight, but yeah, this whole thing is a fraud and it's only gonna get worse.

I'm all for working, please believe me I work on my own stuff when I'm not looking for jobs and I work damn hard at it without any pay in the hope that it might pay off in the end. But some of the stuff I read in that contract was just clarification to me this Work Programme is just a load of BS.

Of course, the Government hold a different view when it comes to those working within the Providers.

They actually demand these people are taught skills and expect results.

APPENDIX 10: APPRENTISHIP AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT

They tend to worry about bringing those people up yet care little about the worker ants.

Using the black box approach and treating the unemployed like meat pies was not the answer . I am quite happy to stick my cold steak and kidney pie in the microwave and have it emerge piping hot after a minute or so, and I'm not particularly fussed on just how the microwave achieved this minor miracle. The government regard the black box approach in the same light 'we don't care how it does the job so long as the job gets done'.

The Work Programmes black box is a microwave with a blown fuse and mechanics that were faulty by design, any hope of even a lukewarm pie was wishful thinking. The government seem to be under the impression that this faulty piece of kit is churning out red hot pies at a rate of knots, the reality is that the pimps are serving up cold pies pretending they are hot and earning a fortune in the process.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Found this interesting. It deals with Seetec but I'm sure similar contracts were dealt with by the DWP. All Contracts end April 2015.

Page 95 is about how the providers get paid. They get paid everytime a "customer" starts a MWA. Seems like the big idea is to remove people from JSA so the unemployment figures go down, regardless of the consequences to the "customer". Sanctions, even for the smallest duration, count as a person being removed from JSA so it all adds up.

Man, what a huge rip off this all is!!

I need to post ten posts in order to post link??

Message me if any want link.

£32Million was Seetec's fee I believe?

According to the Tender Document, Work Programme Providers receive a payment from the Government if the candidate i) secures employment, or ii) decides to go self employed. In the case of self employment, irrespective of whether the candidate has a Business Plan, if they simply register a business, then for every four weeks that business is registered, the Work Programme Provider may claim £215 for every 4 weeks, up to the maximum period of 2 years.

Interesting reading - and exactly what you'd expect from this government.

Curtseavers - it's best to start the way you mean to go on when you're with Ingeus; show them that you know the rules, aren't afraid to complain and won't be pushed about or initimidated. They're banking on you not knowing the rules and being afraid of the JC so that they can get you to do anything they want.

At the same time, give them a fair chance - you might actually land a decent advisor (there has to be one somewhere!) :)

Just been sent this, i was wondering if it might be connected to Ingeus?, it mentions welfare to work . If the link is against site policy , please feel free to remove & my apologies.

http://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/functional-skills-tutor/23095668?WT.mc_id=indeed

It could be related to W2W... however, FE Colleges do use agencies to recruit tutors, not just for W2W but also for Adult Trainers, and hence the advert may not be related to Ingeus.

Darnit.... Should have thought of that one myself - Got a very old mobile phone number from last century, back in the days when a mobile phone was the size of a breeze block...

Why give them a mobile number at all, i told my advisor i simply couldn't afford to run a mobile on the peanuts the JC give me

Not had much of a read through this just yet, but I was wondering if someone could give me a quick run down on how viable using the DPA to retract my DPA waiver would be. I've been with Ingeus now for a few month, have a start date for a job (to literally zero credit to anyone at Ingeus) & want to effectively make myself worthless to them while also taking away my details so that they can't make contact.

Not had much of a read through this just yet, but I was wondering if someone could give me a quick run down on how viable using the DPA to retract my DPA waiver would be. I've been with Ingeus now for a few month, have a start date for a job (to literally zero credit to anyone at Ingeus) & want to effectively make myself worthless to them while also taking away my details so that they can't make contact.

Write them a letter withdrawing your consent. Lots of info earlier in this thread or visit the consent.me site.

Thanks for the replies to my first post.

Just a quick update. They telephoned me last Thursday to make a first appointment, and offered me the next day. Wasn't taking that at such short notice, so instead I've got my first appointment with them at 9.30 in the morning (Friday). The only thing I have to take with me is my CV. I won't be signing any waiver or any other forms they pressure me into signing. Can't say I'm looking forward to going, especially as I have had bronchitis for over a week and now that's turned into a common cold! I will load up on painkillers to ease the pain of my headache and the interview.

Thanks for the replies to my first post.

Just a quick update. They telephoned me last Thursday to make a first appointment, and offered me the next day. Wasn't taking that at such short notice, so instead I've got my first appointment with them at 9.30 in the morning (Friday). The only thing I have to take with me is my CV. I won't be signing any waiver or any other forms they pressure me into signing. Can't say I'm looking forward to going, especially as I have had bronchitis for over a week and now that's turned into a common cold! I will load up on painkillers to ease the pain of my headache and the interview.

They're meant to give 48 hours notice.

Effective jobsearch meant 40 minutes of general chat and then being asked if I needed anything

The muppet was nowhere in sight

I now know loads about other people and zero about the topic

I am happy

The only thing I have to take with me is my CV.

The only thing you have to take is the original letter mandating your attendance - That is only to demonstrate who you are, and that you have a genuine appointment.

You are not required to provide any further forms of identity, nor do you need to take a CV. By all means tell them that you have a CV and that you are happy with the content. If they start telling you "that you must be doing something wrong as you haven't got a job", remind them that their current performance falls well short of expectations, therefore, they are the ones that must be doing something wrong.:!:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

My response would have been either:

a) You will stay until I have finished.

b) If you go for lunch, it is only reasonable that I too have a break. We can conclude at a later date.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Further update.

Attended my first induction/group meeting and we had an overly-nice and enthusiastic advisor, who basically led the group to believe that the streets were paved with gold now they are on the work programme with Ingeus. And to be honest, anybody without any insight into what Ingeus and other work programme providers are like, would easily swallow up the positive spin. There was lots of, "We are on your side guys." "We only want you off benefits and back in work." Or in other words, we only want to make a quick buck off your own work finding a job. As for the CV, I took it along but wasn't asked for it. They asked me to provide a copy of my CV for my next appointment, but I take it I don't have to if I don't want? My first one-on-one session with my advisor is on Monday, so I'll be back with another update.

Just a few more thoughts. Today went better than I expected, but something still really annoyed me. I think it was how the advisor running the introductory session painted Ingeus in oh so many pretty colours. At times it was nauseating, and the other people there were really drawn into it all. I did notice another thing which concerned me - they offered courses/workshops on dealing with depression, anxiety and mental health issues. I have suffered from such issues recently and in the past. I am rather a suspicious as to why a company that makes profits out sending (or forcing) people back to work would offer such a service? Perhaps to convince you there is really nothing wrong with you and it's all down to being unemployed?

Oh, one last thing I forgot to add, they told us today that Ingeus never forces anybody into doing voluntary work. I know that in the past, this isn't true. Have they changed their policy, or is this lies?