HFO services / Barclycard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all HFO have been quite until last week then I got a letter Headed Reminder notice of Assignment.

the gist of it saying my account is going to pre-litigation this week so giving me 7 days to pay up.

But today this came from them is it one of their standard threat a grams .

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp316/dogtrainer05/HFO0001.jpg

In it they say I have made payments in the past which I cant remember paying anything to them.

They also say that it is unlikely that I will be able raise a credible defence .

Also from the date of the first letter to this one the balance has went up by £1.77.

I cant remember if I sent a CCA to them.

HFO0001.jpg

:-) Just Keep Smiling.

as Some days your the Dog and Other days your the Lampost :-)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not see that one before, the court might consider taking a stern action against you, when was the last time you heard from them, can you give a bit of history.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

dogtrainer (like the name)

We definitely need some more information on this, age, past contact with HFO etc They tend to insist that they have received mysterious payments on debts which should be Statute Barred (i.e. no payment or acknowledgement of liability within 6 years (5 if you live in Scotland)).

A SAR to Barclaycard should reveal if there is a credit agreement etc but you may have sent HFO a CCA request you say?

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Hi all as far as I can remember the Barclay credit card was taken out in 2002 everything was fine until 2005/2006 when we started to have fanatical difficulties.

As if or when the account was assigned to HFO I haven't got a clue I don't know if I have got any paper work from back then I will have a look but a lot of stuff got either shredded or put in the recycle bin.

The last contact before this must be between 6 month and a year.

We panicked and did make payments to some DCA's until October 2006 when I found out about this site .

Hi all as far as I can remember the Barclay credit card was taken out in 2002 everything was fine until 2005/2006 when we started to have fanatical difficulties.

As if or when the account was assigned to HFO I haven't got a clue I don't know if I have got any paper work from back then I will have a look but a lot of stuff got either shredded or put in the recycle bin.

The last contact before this must be between 6 month and a year.

We panicked and did make payments to some DCA's until October 2006 when I found out about this site .

The SAR to Barclaycard might answer a lot of questions, did you mean financial difficulty?

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

It does not sound like HFO are phoning you which is a good thing, did they send anything attached to the letters like credit reports? Take care if you receive any strange delivery cards asking you to phone a number - a way of getting your contact details.

Right - SAR to BarclayCard with £10 postal order - send recorded, they have up to 40 days to reply, letter above.

Send a CCA request to HFO, link below, £1 postal order, recorded, do not sign - they have 12 plus 2 working days to reply. If nothing received - send an account in dispute letter. If you can find evidence that you have sent a CCA request, and nothing received, just send the account in dispute letter.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter.

Account in dispute letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale.

donate

sorry to get in on this... but i received the same letter from HFO stating that i owe them monies from an old Barclay account. Again they also stated that i have payments in the past and i would be unlikely to raise a crediable defence. Normally I just ignore these DMC as they usually just blow hot air. But something tells me that these ones..'HFO' are probably more underhanded than the rest? and gathering by all the threads, they will try and take you to court?

I need some help... please... when looked at my credit reference account sometime last year I noticed that Barclays were removed from my account..there was no trace of them what so ever like if the debt did not exsist... now this. the debt owing was originally about £850 - £950.00 now it's £1844.95.. that double the amount in interest.... Due to a really bad situation I defauted with Barclaycard in 2006

Please Help

Hi Sam and Welcome

It is possible for you to start a new thread so that your case does not get mixed up with someone else - everyone is different. If you could go to the 'Debt collection Industry' main menu and find the 'New Tread' below below the announcements and there you can just cut and paste what you typed above

Cheers

donate

Hi coledog like your name as well

I have had a couple of phone calls but thats what the answer machine is there for.:-)

Will send SAR on Thursday to Barclay Card .

As far as I can remember the Balance when we got into difficulty's was only about £500 but now they are wanting £3067.92 which will likely be more now.

I have just found CCA letter to HFO dated June 2006 in a file which was on a old computer I don't know if I sent it or not.Should I send another one to them anyway .

Also this does not appear on my credit reference account.

I would re-send the CCA request to HFO, lets put them on the spot. See what they come back with. Keep any recorded threats that are captured on your answering machine, as this company can be very threatening, and keep all letters and envelopes.

You said you have received a Reminder -Notice of Assignment but this does not say when the account was actually assigned? The SAR should throw up more detail.

donate

Is there a reason why there has been no contact, between HFO and you for such a long period, have you changed address, name, worked abroad etc ?

Hi coledog

I will send the CCA on Thursday and see what happens.

I will post the reminder letter up to let you read it but there no mention of when it was assigned.

Letter http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp316/dogtrainer05/scan0011.jpg

Hi broken arrow

I don't know why they had not been any contact from them as there has not been any changes with me.

I think it will stand as an NOA, but only from the date you received it.

All this ‘reminder’ stuff is rubbish. In court docs that I have seen, HFO have claimed to have ‘previously’ sent NOAs when clearly they haven’t – this was blown sky high when the NoA they put in their bundle had an address that the defendant hadn’t lived at when it was supposedly issued. Be wise to their games.

Well thats the SAR and the CCA both sent.

Is the SAR 40 working days or just 40 days that they have to reply by :???:

I know the CCA is 12 +2 working days.

will let you know when I proof of them being delivered.

Well thats the SAR and the CCA both sent.

Is the SAR 40 working days or just 40 days that they have to reply by :???:

I know the CCA is 12 +2 working days.

will let you know when I proof of them being delivered.

within 40 days of their receipt.