HFO Services now using e-consumerview reports to 'encourage' payment

coledog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The intention is to use this data for assessing benefit payments in future - which is a great worry if the data is not accurate and not everyone has the ability to access it.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The intention is to use this data for assessing benefit payments in future - which is a great worry if the data is not accurate and not everyone has the ability to access it.

I find this aspect very worring given the track record of the DWP and Expeirian for inaccurcies and lost data.

Gross invasion of our civil liberties is at stake here,it seems to me the data protection act no longer protects us in any facet of our lives.

The last time i requested a copy of my credit report even my bank account was on there and what was shown was inaccurate,iv'e never had an overdraft on the account,but it showed i owed money??? to say i was disgusted in an understatement.

How can they state i owed money on an overdraft that never was,i did contact expeirian and had it corrected after doing cartwheels and jumping through hoops.

I'm not surprised that people don't complain to get decrepencies corrected,they make the process so difficult

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had any feed back from experian about their complaints? I had one of these, going to put my complaint in now, amongst others

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

The CPUTR, which again is the UK implementation of an EU directive, states very clearly that the onus is on the supplier to support their claims with evidence.

The CPUTR 2008 (26th May) isn't just a directive it has been implemented into uk LAW!!!

Read the first page or two from the linked thread below:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?147392

So after complaining to experian there reply to HFO sending out my credit file was as follows:

Good afternoon

A company is allowed to search you if they obtained your consent to do so either written or verbally.

If you wish to investigate this further, you will need to speak to our Consumer Help Desk on 0844 481 8000.

Alternatively, you would need to go back to the company who performed the search on you to have them investigate this internally for you and provide proof that the consent was given.

I wrote back and pointed again to their own rules that the user is not permitted to copy or distribute the information and can they confirm this before I contact the OFT.

regards

Im 34 and turning into my dad! I am making full complaints about everything I can to everyone I can and encourage everyone to do the same. Not prepared to sit back and be a victim anymore