Iqor/GPB chasing old OD debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all CAGers,

I have just received the first solicitor letter from 'them', for a sum of money I owe which is around £700.

I live in England and the debt is from a bank account overdraft I didn't pay, and was defaulted on about a year ago.

Now the DCA has got in touch with some solicitors, and these solicitors just sent me a letter which I have 7 more days to respond to with full or part payment to the DCA, or else they say, they will be instructed to commence legal proceedings.

They also say that any legal action they take will attract interest and additional legal costs, which I am obliged to pay.

My question is

- is this just a scare tactic, should I ignore it?

And how much additional 'fees' would I have to pay, on top of the £700, if they do commence legal proceedings?

Thanks all,

Aquila

yep ignore

just their sham solicitor

or more correctly the dca secretary just put a diff letterhead in the printer.

name and shame the fleecers please.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Realy Debt4get

Its A Criminal Offence For Them To Use The Word Solicitor When They Have None

Just Protituting The Name

I Bet It Says At The Bottom Of The Sols Letter

traniee Solicitor Or Litigation Assistant

iQor are the DCA, and the solicitor is geoffrey parker bourne solicitors. Actually I think the solicitors are genuine since I just googled them. Anyway, I will ignore the letter from the solicitor.

Aquila

GPB is a solicitor for rent. One of the ones who allow the DCAs to send out threats using their notepaper. The supposed letter from GPB will have emenated from IQORS threatomatic printing press.

hehe

GPB....biggest imitation solicitors there is !!

ignore the lot of 'em

DON'T do anything.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you all for the responses, I feel a little better now, and will ignore them. I will keep posting here any further action that they take, just so I know I am doing the right thing.

One final note, how much are 'court fees', if they were to launch court action for the £700 i owe, and if I lost, I would have to pay the debt + their court fees.

I would just like to get an idea of how much these court fees would be on top of the £700 if anybody knows.

Thank you for your responses and help,

Aquila

£75 i think

but i'll never get that far!!

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fellow CAGers,

I have an unpaid, defaulted bank account overdraft of around £700 with bank x. It was sold to iQor, and they have supposedly been in touch with Geoffrey Parker Bourne solicitors.

So I ignored the first letter from GPB, and now they have sent me a second one, saying that I have 7 more days from the date of the letter (the time is up in 2 days), or they will commence a county court claim.

They have also given me some totals of the extra costs that I will incur if they start court action, which is £60 court fees and £70 for their solicitors costs, that's an extra £130 on top of the original £700 that I owe. They also say that further costs may be added on top of that is Judgement is awarded.

Should I ignore this second letter, or shall I call them, I really don't know. The 7 days that I was given in this second letter will expire in 2 days, I am not sure what I should do?

Thanks for your help,

Aquila

Hi fellow CAGers,

I have an unpaid, defaulted bank account overdraft of around £700 with bank x. It was sold to iQor, and they have supposedly been in touch with Geoffrey Parker Bourne solicitors.

So I ignored the first letter from GPB, and now they have sent me a second one, saying that I have 7 more days from the date of the letter (the time is up in 2 days), or they will commence a county court claim.

They have also given me some totals of the extra costs that I will incur if they start court action, which is £60 court fees and £70 for their solicitors costs, that's an extra £130 on top of the original £700 that I owe. They also say that further costs may be added on top of that is Judgement is awarded.

Should I ignore this second letter, or shall I call them, I really don't know. The 7 days that I was given in this second letter will expire in 2 days, I am not sure what I should do?

Thanks for your help,

Aquila

Do NOT call them.Never, ever speak to a debt collector of any kind on the phone. they will say anything to get you to pay them, even if you acnnot afford to do so.

An overdraft is not covered by a CCA request to these leeches to make them prove they have the right to collect this debt. But I'm sure you must have received some correspondence from your bank informing you they were getting a bit fedup waiting for you to pay and you should have received a default letter. If these are not in order you may be able to force GPB, who is quite well known on these forums, to crawl back under his stone.

More information needed. What did you receive from the bank that held the overdraft? Did they issue a termination notice and advise you they were selling the debt on ? When did you stop making payments to the account?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

There does seem to be some confusion over whether overdrafts are covered by CCA so here's a link which may be helpful. Also you could Subject Access Request the original creditor, this letter can be found in the debt collectors library and you should enclose £10 postal order and don't sign, print your name. Send by recorded delivery. This should produce more detailed information on your account:-

please do some reading

what you are getting are std threat-o-grams

how much of this od is unlawful charges?

dx

and they

Dont panic!

They sit at their desks making up these sums of money in order to panic you into contacting them. They put things like court costs on top of the alleged debt as a scare tactic but until you go to court and lose (no where near that at the moment) those costs are not payable.

Did you ever receive something from the bank saying that they were assigning the debt to the DCA?

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

• 5 months later...

Hi all CAGers,

I have two questions. I have a couple of current account overdraft debts amounting to around £3,500 (£650 with one, the rest with the other), and I read somewhere else that there was this person who had about £6,000 of initial debt with a DCA, and he ignored them, and after a few years it had supposedly jumped up to £30,000!

Can this happen? I am currently just ignoring all post and phonecalls they are making to me, not replying at all. Will they come back to me in a year or two's time and say I owe them like 20k???

Second question, if they proceed with filing for a CCJ, if I pay this full amount immediately within one month, does the CCJ get cleared from my credit file like there was no trace of it, or will there be some indication that a CCJ was recorded against me but I paid it within one month?

Thanks all!

They can legitimately add costs and interest to debts. You need to stop burying your head in the sand and face up to the situation. Which bank are we talking about? How old is this debt? Have you had any contact or made any payments at all?

If you face up to it now, your second question should be irrelevant as it shouldn't come to that. If it did go to court and you got a CCJ, where would the money come from to pay it (+ court costs etc...)? If you have that money, why are you not paying it off the existing debt?