Feelingdownandout Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

erm

the fsa are down on record as saying firms are NOT permitted to stay any PPI reclaims because of this

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If it was me, I would reply to their letter asking why it has been put on hold as the FSA have stated they shouldn't (have a look for this on the FSA website and send a copy of this) and state that until you receive a satisfactory response you too will put your payments on hold.

At the moment you are the one in credit so why pay more?

• 1 month later...

aarrrggggghhh

I regret the day that I ever took out a credit card to find myself in a situation where I ended up paying BOS,

I get a letter in the post saying pay £80 or else,

so I call today (0845 number - which they say is local and cheap rate,

I had a row on the phone with the poor idi0t who anwered my call),

only to be told that my account was being passed to an external agent for collection

and to stop that I need to settle the account.

I responded by stating that the account is in dispute and therefore they cannot pursue

an account that is in dispute and he was having none of it. I had to make the payment.

doh!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

in 400 odds posts more than 100 i expect.

sorry but its almost as if you WANT the aggro.

dx

and they

doh..... I know and if I could aplogise personally to each and every one of you I would, and no I dont want the agro, not in the slightest, just want an end to it, but when they come on the phone stating that they are trying to help me I find it quite staggering.

I know, and I ought to feel sheepish about it and I do, the thing is that it was only a small amount and the last part of a huge debt, so was excited about paying it off, just really hacked off at the fact I have been bullied into paying, they were in no way interested in the fact that the account was in dispute, the only saving grace is that when the PPI is paid out they will have to pay me directly the money they owe me and not off set it against any other account.

can someone tell me what the stance is regarding the 0845 number as its not cheap to use?

F, regarding the telephone call, you phoned them, you didnt have to, just forget it, you'll end up getting more stressed.

unfortunately, you fell for the BS. Now if youre really serious about kicking these dog turds, you'll have to pay to go to court, where if youd held out, they would take you, then youd counter claim. They were being unreasonable. Lesson learnt

0845 'Lo-Call'. Can cost up to 7p/min

Don't confuse Lo-Call with local; numbers starting 0845 aren't as cheap, though are now more frequently included in ‘free calls' packages. Sadly many small businesses actually pay to have these numbers, misled by old promises that they “look more professional and attract custom”, without realising that these days their customers have to pay more.

Quick Costs (daytime): BT 5p, Talk Talk 4.5p, Virgin 7p, Sky 6p

This is off MSE, so it depends who you have your calls routed through.

Don't beat yourself up about it, just celebrate when you get your PPI back! Did you send the letter before action to them?

feeling mad as a bl*8dy hatter, I called BOS last Tuesday 22 Feb and paid the £80 that I owed to clear this debt once and for all, low and behold I get a letter from Moorcroft this morning dated 24 February demanding the outstanding balance!!!!! I have checked my credit card online with the Halifax and they received my payment on 23 Feb, the balance on the account is nil!!!!

any suggestions as I feel the need to call, they have given me until 3 March to settle or litigation.:x

Get a copy of your balance as being nil, and I'd be very tempted to let them take you to court and show the judge what they're like.

Phone calls are a waste of time although if you owe them nothing you have nothing to lose by phoning I guess.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I have it - what do I do with it?

apart from the obvious ha ha !!

:lol:

Just keep it in case you ever need it.

Apart from that you don't need to do a thing except celebrate getting rid of this lot. They'll have a hard job proving you owe anything.

Forget them and move on - unless you've got charges and PPI still owing back to you.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.