• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Feelingdownandout Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nope, nothing to sign, the letter seemed very final, this is what their ppi refund is, this is the interest (£2.73! whoop whoop) and go away or in the event that I am unstaisfied write to FOS within 6 months!. Thats it!

not so much as a by your leave, or an apology.

will send off a letter tomorrow - first thing, need to try and nip this one in the bud. :-(

Edited by Feelingdownandout

as said, all banks will try it on.

write back and pointout that you reject the offer and that you also do not believe their calculations are correct with regard to the FOS guidelines.

as for the 'off-set' they are trying to do... what is the last stated ARREARS on the account they wish to off-set it too, that is all they can take.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx / dotty

I will take a look at the default notice and post back, but if my memory serves me right they arrears on the default was approx £300, which I have more than paid off over the last 12 months anyway (have paid back approx £900). When the statements come (which is few and far between) I think they state that the full balance is due, I need to re-read the default notice to see if they have terminated the account, plus when I checked the dates on the default notice they asked me to remedy the arrears by x date which was 14 days from the date of the letter which when arrived gave me about 5 days but then further down the letter states that I have 28 days to remedy! It just confused me so I just filed it. Wished I found the CAG a 18 months ago.....never mind, found it now!

I will put a letter together today and post for comment on here and start the ball rolling, by the look of it they are withholding the interest!

ok well it will be the arrears current to now - if there are any.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

cra file?

last letter?

dx

and they

ok well

just be clear that they CANNOT just take it of the balance, they can ONLY off-set arrears.

if you are going to write, them make sure you pointout you are aware of the rules and no 'fool'

dx

and they

and they

Thanks for the link.

That page states

Currently it seems the account shouldn't be subject to any form of ongoing dispute (eg you're saying the debt isn't yours) and should be what's called "payable on demand"; which means it can be done on the entire balance of a credit card, but only missed monthly payment for loans (any updates on these complicated rules will go in the weekly email).

even thought you are in a payment plan, if that means you are paying 'less' than what should normally be paid [the minimum from the statement box]

then they can and will backdate it and off-set.

dx

and they

ok, have checked the paperwork, and the default sums are £230 (as at May 2009) and the minmum payment on the statements are the full balance every month (lat statement July 2010 from SAR),

cant win :-(

they will offset and thats that, the payment plan is set at £60 pcm which is more than 5% of the o/s balance but looks like thats not enough as they want the lot.

yes but thats not rue

and this is where research and reading for yourself comes in

that balance & prob the monthly repayment will also inc charges, or the makes them invalid.

on the back it will say what [or how] the min payment is worked out.

that will be the figure you SHOULD of paid or are paying more than each month

£60 should well cover that

something is not correct here, their figures smell

dx

and they

looking at the default notice it says that pay £230 by xdate in May or they will terminate the account (I didnt pay) so they transferred to BOS, the statements then demand the full balance every month, DX I really wish I could get my head around it because I dont understand their figures, but sure as eggs are eggs they are demanding the full balance every month.

I am going to write regarding the interest thats a definate, it is worth while posting the default notice to gain a view on its validity?

fdao xx

"I only stopped paying in Jan 2009" - if this is true then the arrears must be huge.

though, as you have a right to 'distribute' the debt equally amoungst all your creditors, the post of 317 needs taking heed of.

if you take the sum of the claims for PPI & charges away from the O/D, how does this leave you in terms of the outstanding balance then?

dx

and they

the arrears were £230, I mssed 4 payments from Jan 09 - April 09, they defaulted in May 09 for the arrears and terminated the account, was then trans to BOS who demanded the full balance, I entered into payment plan in June 2009, I made every payment on time and never missed one.

with regards to the o/s balance once the PPI is readjusted (minus the interst that they owe me) the acct bal will be approx £1100. Their letter states that there is no cash payment to me as the acct is in default. there is then the matter of the late payment / over limit / missed payment charges to the acct + int , which equate to approx £600, which if I get that back will reduce the bal to approx £500 (nice if I could get back but wont hold my breath).

the arrears were £230, I mssed 4 payments from Jan 09 - April 09, they defaulted in May 09 for the arrears and terminated the account, was then trans to BOS who demanded the full balance, I entered into payment plan in June 2009, I made every payment on time and never missed one.

with regards to the o/s balance once the PPI is readjusted (minus the interst that they owe me) the acct bal will be approx £1100. Their letter states that there is no cash payment to me as the acct is in default. there is then the matter of the late payment / over limit / missed payment charges to the acct + int , which equate to approx £600, which if I get that back will reduce the bal to approx £500 (nice if I could get back but wont hold my breath).

ok, well 'because the a/c is in default' is NO excuse for them not to refund you direct the reclaim sums,

i think TBH you need to write to them, outlining the guidelines and requesting a statement of a/c [unless you can access your a/c online yourself? - have you got that facility ? most a/c's you can]

dx

and they

Morning, I will write to them and state that they are preferring themselves as one of my creditors and therefore it is my decision where the funds go and not theirs (lets face it I want to make a donation here), will prepare this and post for comment this afternoon. With regards to the statement of acct, I never get one from Halifax or BOS I only got them as a result of my SAR, they withdrew my ability to access the acct online when the acct fell into arrears which doesnt help, and I cant change it so no point in fighting it.

My plan now is to;

1. write the letter requesting a current statement of account and state the guidelines (will post back for comment before sending).

2. Write and request how they arrive at their PPI refund and state that I consider their figures are incorrect (I am not a fool!).

3. need to prepare myself to start reclaiming the o/l, late fees and non payment charges (am I correct in thinking that this is court paperwork?)

4. keep my payments up in the meantime!

Hope I have not missed anything?

xx

Morning

I will be preparing a letter today in reponse to their letter received this week, and set out the guidelines, it is my choice who these funds are distributed to and not them they cannot prefer themselves as one of my creditors! with regards to accessing the account online, with HBOS as soon as the acct falls into arrears they withdrew the online facility, stupid I know, but that means that I am unable to monitor any activity on my account, I only saw the statements from the last 18 months as a result of my SAR request.

My plan is:

1. write to them and state the guidelines with regards to distribution of funds regardless of the status of the account, they are their rules and not guidelines, also asking for a statement of account.

2. Write to them and ask them to explain their calculations fo the PPI refund and the interest in particular, as I consider figures are incorrect and resend my calcuulations.

3. Start to prepare myself to reclaim the o/l charges, late payment fees, and missed payment charges, which I believe are court papers, need to do some ready up on that.

4. continue to make my payments to them!

Hope I have not misseed anything - please someone tell me if I have!

fdao xx

• 2 weeks later...

update on my thread - well finally sent off my letter to Halifax today stating what I thought in relation to their interest offer, and commented that the interest is in fact compound interest from the date it is added, I enclosed a copy of my last letter to them (just in case they mislaid it) and said that if the issue is not resolved to my satisfaction that I would raise my complaint with the FOS, I am getting fed up of being walked over by these clowns. Can someone advise me how long I should be giving them to respond to my letter?

also I checked my CRA and the default sum was the balance at the time, not sure is there is anywhere to go with that one.

fdao

x