Cabot's Licence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want me to take huggy41's glass of sherry off him I will ;)

On another note, been trawling the OFT website and can not for the life of me find the page that shows licenses...........does anybody have a link they would kindly post for me please :)

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Never ring them huggy41, they don't understand and all you get are the operatives who know nothing.

You need to be here Mrs Hobbit, it is better than watching a great comedy when Huggy41 is winding the threat monkeys up. There have been times when I have been crreased with laughter and only hearing one side of the conversation :p

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

Thankyou :)

right. i now have all the info i need to confirm that if they ring me on the phone they are who they say they are if they can answer some simple questions.

1. cca licence number

2. company reg. number

3. expiry date of cca licence

i know it and if they do work for them then so should they.

need to write a new song me thinks

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

martel

i am lucky enought to have my own server so all the recordings that i will make will go there and will be available by invite only so they are not classed as being made public so i do not have to tell them that they are being recored. oh this so much brings back good memories of me ,fuzzy and locutus. DCA'S are pitiful that sounds familier.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

Hmmm. Maybe I need to go back a bit and see if anybody else has mentioned this...

Licence Number:0441205

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberCabot Financial (Europe) Limited3439445

Categories:

Consumer credit Credit brokerage Debt administration Debt collecting Provision of debt-adjusting on a commercial basis

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Cabot Cabot Financial CFE CFEL Morgan Morgan Solicitors Morgans

Trading Name(s) (Historic):

CFS CFS International Commercial Financial Services

Issued Date: 04-Mar-1998

Expiry Date: 03-Mar-2013

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionGlen Paul Crawford John David Randall Kenneth William Maynard

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionAngela Jane ChurchOFFICERJohn RandallOFFICERRichard Terrell LangstaffOFFICERStockton Bodie BirthiselOFFICERWilliam Richard BartmannOFFICER

Historic Organisations that run the organisation:

NameCompany Registration NumberPositionCS SCF Management Limited OFFICER

Nature of Business:

Debt Collection

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondence1, Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UAPrincipal Place Of Business1, Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, WEST MALLING, Kent, ME19 4UA, United KingdomRegistered Office1, Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, WEST MALLING, Kent, ME19 4UA, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddressPrincipal Place Of Business10, Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4LTPrincipal Place Of Business72, Hammersmith Road, London, W14 8YERegistered Office10, Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4LTRegistered Officec/o Mayer, Brown & Platt, Bucklersbury House 3, Queen Victoria Street, London, EC4N 8EL

Licence Number:0472690Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberCabot Financial (UK) Limited3757424

Categories:

Consumer credit Credit brokerage Debt administration Debt collecting Provision of debt-adjusting on a commercial basis

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Trading Name(s) (Historic):

KH (No.1) Cabot Financial (UK) Limited Cabot Financial (uk) Limited

Issued Date: 07-Aug-1999

Date Maintenance Payment Due: 07-Sep-2014

Ah Fuzzybobble...he's been quiet on the funny stories front for a while. Look forward to your efforts Huggy. DILLIGAF!

Been a bit busy with other projects recently, but I have got a few new things that are work in progress. A video tutorial showing how to deal with DCA phone calls and how to record them. Also been having fun with Capital One's credit card application phone number and the usual fuzzy confusion that usually follows. ;) And a DCA music video.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

How on earth did these people get their licence renewed, they seem to be totally ignoring the rules, adding charges to debts, inviting people to pay by credit card etc. and got only know what lies they are telling people over the phone (they don't know mine).

• 1 month later...

Maybe a bit of fraud with Cabot going on here with me..............

Hi all,

New to this thread and looking for some advice.

I am on a DMP with payplan at the moment and everything is going fine.

Today i got a letter, well two in the the same envelope.

From Cabot.This letter is saying they have purchased the debt from Citi Cards.

And i must contact them.The thing is that the debt is being collected from another collection agency called Collect Direct on behalf of Citi [ Through Payplan of course]

The second letter is from Citi saying that they sold the debt to Cabot on the 2nd of september.The problem is the so called letter from Citi looks very suspect,even fake.

Registered vat and various other numbers all wrong as from previous Citi letters.The Citi logo is even black and not red and without the small R on top of the logo.Before i go calling Payplan, Citi and Collect direct, is this the normal thing Cabot do? or in fact are they just trying it on and trying to defraud me out of money?

Thanks for any advice.

Maybe a bit of fraud with Cabot going on here with me..............

Hi all,

New to this thread and looking for some advice.

I am on a DMP with payplan at the moment and everything is going fine.

Today i got a letter, well two in the the same envelope.

From Cabot.This letter is saying they have purchased the debt from Citi Cards.

And i must contact them.The thing is that the debt is being collected from another collection agency called Collect Direct on behalf of Citi [ Through Payplan of course]

The second letter is from Citi saying that they sold the debt to Cabot on the 2nd of september.The problem is the so called letter from Citi looks very suspect,even fake.

Registered vat and various other numbers all wrong as from previous Citi letters.The Citi logo is even black and not red and without the small R on top of the logo.Before i go calling Payplan, Citi and Collect direct, is this the normal thing Cabot do? or in fact are they just trying it on and trying to defraud me out of money?

Thanks for any advice.

This is something Cabot do. These are the Hollo and Goodbye letters you are supposed to get, but keep the envelope. There is some kind of 'agreement between cabot and the banks that they say allows them to do this, but this is not the way to do things.

What I would do if this were mine is I would email the complaints department at the OFT and ask a question.

"In accordance with the OFT Guidllines, could the OFT please confirm whether a debt assigned to a Debt Purchasing company (not just a debt collection agy) is it permissible for the letters coming to me from the Original Creditor and from the Debt Purchasing company advising me the debtor of the Assignment, to be sent by the debt purchasing company in the same envelope or should the Original Creditor write to me directly to advise this. If this happened, what would be the remedy?"

The OFT cannot give legal advise so do not mention Cabot's name or the OC's, just put it in a generic way and they can then tell you exactly what procedure should be followed. Put it in your own words if you like, but just keep the names out of it. Once you have that response you can take it to the next stage. Come back here and we'll try and talk you through it.

When you write back to cabot - tell them the Cabot Fan Club are onto it! :-D

This is something Cabot do. These are the Hollo and Goodbye letters you are supposed to get, but keep the envelope. There is some kind of 'agreement between cabot and the banks that they say allows them to do this, but this is not the way to do things.

What I would do if this were mine is I would email the complaints department at the OFT and ask a question.

"In accordance with the OFT Guidllines, could the OFT please confirm whether a debt assigned to a Debt Purchasing company (not just a debt collection agy) is it permissible for the letters coming to me from the Original Creditor and from the Debt Purchasing company advising me the debtor of the Assignment, to be sent by the debt purchasing company in the same envelope or should the Original Creditor write to me directly to advise this. If this happened, what would be the remedy?"

The OFT cannot give legal advise so do not mention Cabot's name or the OC's, just put it in a generic way and they can then tell you exactly what procedure should be followed. Put it in your own words if you like, but just keep the names out of it. Once you have that response you can take it to the next stage. Come back here and we'll try and talk you through it.

When you write back to cabot - tell them the Cabot Fan Club are onto it! :-D

Thanks very much for the quick response - i will do as you have mentioned.

I called the actual collection agency [Collect Direct] who said i do not have to do anything, they will continue to collect from Payplan then pass onto Cabot and nothing will change as long as i still have the arrangement with Payplan in place. They very polite girl also said that Cabot have purchased a large amount of accounts from Citi and have had hundreds of calls about this over the last couple of weeks.If thats the case they must have picked them up quite cheap.

OFT and all the others usually take a while to respond to emails, i know because i am part of the class action being taken out against

Barclays Partner Finance on this very forum, and all these governing bodies dont like to get their feet wet.

I will keep you up to date with this Cabot thing.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks very much for the quick response - i will do as you have mentioned.

I called the actual collection agency [Collect Direct] who said i do not have to do anything, they will continue to collect from Payplan then pass onto Cabot and nothing will change as long as i still have the arrangement with Payplan in place. They very polite girl also said that Cabot have purchased a large amount of accounts from Citi and have had hundreds of calls about this over the last couple of weeks.If thats the case they must have picked them up quite cheap.

OFT and all the others usually take a while to respond to emails, i know because i am part of the class action being taken out against

Barclays Partner Finance on this very forum, and all these governing bodies dont like to get their feet wet.

I will keep you up to date with this Cabot thing.

Thanks again for your help.

1) Rarely, if ever, phone a DCA. Get everything in writing.

2) It is essential you pay the right people and you have proof they have that right ie: The agreement, the correct letters of assignment and have served the necessary Notice of Assignmnet to you - otherwise how about sending me your payment if I write to you? (That feeling you just had when you read that about sending it to me is the feeling you should have about who else you are paying)

3) You will find no doubt that as soon as Cabot had this transaction with Citi that they fire a default notice off to the Credit Reference agencies which reflects on your credit rating - check it in a few weeks time.

4) Record everything you can, dates, paperwork, keep envelopes and notes on what happened, date and time-stamp everything.

5) Forget what they paid Citi for these debts, that's just a commercial decision between Citi and Cabot and has no actual relevance on your debt, but just to cheer you up it's probably not a lot more than about 8p in the £ so when they ask you for the interest on the full amount you can grumble as loud as you can.

6) Send a DPA request for a copy of your agreement to Cabot, they have a responsibility to supply it to you if they are now asking you to send them money. Get a copy no matter what.

7) Don't think I'm being paranoid - Cabot will begin their process of trying to collect on your account and will take you to the wire if they can. The fact you are in a DMP won't make any difference if they get carried away.

8) The Cabot Fan Club have a saying with cabot - Keep It Simple - check every last detail like you are doing with the Letters of Assignment - get all the paperwork in the right order, check everything wherever you can, post on here and be ready - they'll slip up in the most calamatous way and believe me - I know! :lol::lol:

1) Rarely, if ever, phone a DCA. Get everything in writing.

2) It is essential you pay the right people and you have proof they have that right ie: The agreement, the correct letters of assignment and have served the necessary Notice of Assignmnet to you - otherwise how about sending me your payment if I write to you? (That feeling you just had when you read that about sending it to me is the feeling you should have about who else you are paying)

3) You will find no doubt that as soon as Cabot had this transaction with Citi that they fire a default notice off to the Credit Reference agencies which reflects on your credit rating - check it in a few weeks time.

4) Record everything you can, dates, paperwork, keep envelopes and notes on what happened, date and time-stamp everything.

5) Forget what they paid Citi for these debts, that's just a commercial decision between Citi and Cabot and has no actual relevance on your debt, but just to cheer you up it's probably not a lot more than about 8p in the £ so when they ask you for the interest on the full amount you can grumble as loud as you can.

6) Send a DPA request for a copy of your agreement to Cabot, they have a responsibility to supply it to you if they are now asking you to send them money. Get a copy no matter what.

7) Don't think I'm being paranoid - Cabot will begin their process of trying to collect on your account and will take you to the wire if they can. The fact you are in a DMP won't make any difference if they get carried away.

8) The Cabot Fan Club have a saying with cabot - Keep It Simple - check every last detail like you are doing with the Letters of Assignment - get all the paperwork in the right order, check everything wherever you can, post on here and be ready - they'll slip up in the most calamatous way and believe me - I know! :lol::lol:

Yep thanks for that. Only reason i rang collect direct was to establish if Cabot had actually got the debt.I called payplan this morning and their advice was pretty much what you have stated.

Oh and i nearly forgot, the best bit - i called CITI and yes account was sold on to Cabot.They did say from now on its no more to do with them, although could i send them a copy of the supposed letter from Citi.....'.because they have no record of any such letter being sent '...! Good grief.

Thanks for all the info i will be sending out the requests.

Edited by lowdown