When I was a kid.......

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This might not mean much to anyone...unless you're from around here...but it used to cost 20p admission to J.B.s, and Newcastle was 15p a bottle...that was in 1972...and no I wasn't 18....I'm still not ;)

I forgot about the candyfloss van:)

Never had one of those but our post would be threw the door by 7am and the milk man use to charge about 30p a pint for milk. We use to get at least 14 pint of milk a week delivered to our door daily it never cost more than about £4.20. We also use to get the tall thin glasses then te introduced the short stubbie thing whichnow cost 80p a pint and they dont deliver daily.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Lol isnt it funny how nostalgia has a very rose tinted lens, we dont seem to hark back to the three day week, power cuts, sunday closing, nothing on the telly, bad fashion (until it becomes retro and then its fasionable again) riots, union rule...it wasnt all wagonwheels and chips!

don't remember that, must have been too busy building dens and generally running wild

Remember when the telly did not broadcast during the night? You would sit there until the white dot disapeared before going to bed!:)

when we moved into our first house in the seventies we were mystified as to why an ice cream van used to come down the road around 10pm. He was very poplular with a big queue forming each night. We could not understand what was going on with the ice cream thing. Eventually we were told he sold cigarettes!

Anyone remember the pink racing paper being sold on Saturday afternoons? They used to come around the streets with it so people could read the racing results!

I remember the Milk adverts, "The Humphreys". They were never-seen creatures who stole people's milk in 1970s milk commercials, with the catchphrase "Watch out, there's a Humphrey about". All you ever saw of a humphrey was a straw.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I remember the humphreys advert lol. Also other classics were Shake n Vac, Cadbury's Smash Martians, and The JamesBond inspired Milk Tray ads.

I remember my dad having Davenports beer deliver a crate of bottles every thursday. And the Party 7 giant can of beer that tasted like chemicals.

When I was little the best part of the week was when we went shopping in Fine Fare then I had a can of coke, (where the ring pull was fully removeable and razor sharp) and a huge bag of salt and vinegar chip sticks. The I used to lie behind the sofa with my head sticking out and watching the Generation Game with Larry Grayson, who used to say "shut that door".

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Ohhh i remember the Party 7, drank one all to myself at a party listening to Pink Floyd, hugged a Party 7 under one arm, girlfriend at the time under the other. . .

The Golden Shot i remember quite well. .. with Bernie the Bolt catch phrase.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Anyone else remember BJ and the Bear. It was my favourite tv show in the 70's and it was about a young (extremely goodlooking) man trucker and his side kick called bear who was a monkey?

bj_and_the_bear-show.jpg

Of course a tv programe now with that title, I am sure would have something quite different as its content!:eek:

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Ohhh i remember the Party 7, drank one all to myself at a party listening to Pink Floyd, hugged a Party 7 under one arm, girlfriend at the time under the other. . .

The Golden Shot i remember quite well. .. with Bernie the Bolt catch phrase.

OMG, the party seven !!

I'm so old I'd forgotten about that :confused:

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I remember the humphreys advert lol. Also other classics were Shake n Vac, Cadbury's Smash Martians, and The JamesBond inspired Milk Tray ads.

I remember my dad having Davenports beer deliver a crate of bottles every thursday. And the Party 7 giant can of beer that tasted like chemicals.

When I was little the best part of the week was when we went shopping in Fine Fare then I had a can of coke, (where the ring pull was fully removeable and razor sharp) and a huge bag of salt and vinegar chip sticks. The I used to lie behind the sofa with my head sticking out and watching the Generation Game with Larry Grayson, who used to say "shut that door".

They still do a form of the old shake and vac ads its just not as erm old.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I am so old I remember the Rag and Bone man ... he used to arrive on a cart pulled by a horse and we gave him a bag of old clothes and he gave us .....a balloon :confused:

My Dad used to give me a balloon for Chirstmas every year, and, as a treat, he would blow it up for me for my birthday !! Then again, I was spoiled :-|

Edited by Mr lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Saturday morning pictures for threepence in the balcony seats. Mind you, never paid a penny, used to sneak in through the side doors and spend it on flying saucers and a pack of no.6 (if there was enough of us :D )

I got a 'plastic' record, (the Bee Gees, I think) free with a magazine which had been folded by the shopkeeper, my brother tried to iron the fold out :eek:

Knackerd the Iron and got a slap from my mum :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert