Excel "ticket"- Slightly unique situation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello dear forumers.

Ive been reading through other threads and it seems ignoring is the best action, but my situation is slightly unique.

OK, firstly, I got the ticket at the Berkeley Centre, the car park in front of Tescos and Pizza Hut on Ecclessal Road in Sheffield.

I got the ticket for overstaying the two hour period. Now, currently Im living just down the road from there in a student house, the reason I parked there is because my parking permit on my road ran out and Im still waiting for it so IVe been moving my car around back and forth. I was planning on movign ot somewhere completely different soon but I was at home preparing food and went over the two hours.

Anyway, Im no longer living at the address that Im registered at with the DVLA, in fact, we are leasing it to tenants. Furthermore, the name on my V5 and thus the DVLA is misspelled (its correct on license and insurance), Ive been meaning to sort this but I havent gotten round to it due to laziness.

Will this make any difference?

The car is described correctly on the ticket (or should I say invoice?). Im recorder at arriving at 10:40 and the ticket was issued at 13:00 (20 mins overstay) its a £40 fine within 7 days and £60 otherwise.

So dear forumers, I ask for your advice with this issue. Please help a poor student out :(

EDIT: I forgot to mention, there's CCTV recording in the car park, under filmed it says "Y"

Edited by jargiman

Thats what I was hoping to hear :D. Although Im hoping the tenants wont start getting harassed non stop

Its been a really long time, like over 6 months now. I didnt notice the misspelling until 3 or so months ago.

I might in fact go down there today. Hopefully they wont question the fact it took me for ever to change the details. Well Ill get the name corrected, Ill leave the addy as it is

So what are the actual chances of getting taken to court or having debt collectors come around? About 0.000001%

And will they keep increasing the charge the longer I ignore them?

Yes, but so what, with a 0.000001% chance of the above happening, if you never pay they can increase it to whatever fantasy figure they like.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got another one for the same reason. The council are taking the ****. 5 working days doesnt equate to 3 weeks in my books. Guess Excel will be extra angry about the fact I have 2 now.

Ah well, **** them.

BUMP

I spoke to a police officer today. He said they are very enforceable and that courts love them should it get that far, he said that more often that not theyd rule in favour of the company

What do I make of this?

well I work in Subway, he popped in last night and I thought Id ask if he knows. That was the answer he gave me.

He said that they cant make me go bankrupt though, as I told him I cant afford the payment, so I can write to them saying Ill pay them a £1 a month for then next however many months. But Im not sure how willing Excel would be to accept that deal

well I work in Subway, he popped in last night and I thought Id ask if he knows. That was the answer he gave me.

He said that they cant make me go bankrupt though, as I told him I cant afford the payment, so I can write to them saying Ill pay them a £1 a month for then next however many months. But Im not sure how willing Excel would be to accept that deal

Don't bother with all that palaver. From now on just ignore any correspondence you get from Excel and do not contact them again. Excel just don't do court after they got a bloody nose in Mansfield.

Take no notice of that copper, he is talking out of his helmet.

Why are you even considering offering Excel a quid a month? You seem to be confusing them with a legitimate company. They are fraudsters, ignore them.

If these were often won in court, or even taken to court, we would hear about it much more. How would a policeman know about these cases anyway? Is it possible he thinks it's a council ticket?

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Since you don't owe them a single penny it would pretty silly to offer them any money at all.

Judge says Excel parking fines illegal - Mansfield Chad

Have a read of this article. :D Excel don't seem to go to court these days ....I wonder why?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------