They will make her bankrupt for 4000 pounds, help please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning,

Please don't roll over and let these creatures abuse you and your wife.

I have fought off 2 stat. demands for an alleged debt that was nearly all penalty charges and compound interest and which the origional creditor didn't have an executed cca for anyway.

You are in excellent hands with 42 man who has a " catch all" defence which you can use. I am inclined to think that without documents to hand to build a defence on you should chuck in everything that could possibly be relevant and then put the other side to strict proof to produce evidence of any legally enforcable debt- I bet they won't be able to.

At worst it will buy you time over christmas and the new year to sort out your finances as you probably won't go near a court for 2/3 months.

This is much better that being pressured into allowing a charge on your home without thinking and working through the consesquences.

Please apply for the set aside using 42mans document and come back here for help as you need it.

Martin g

Beaconsman

I am glad to note that both you and your wife appear to have strengthend your resolve to deal with these parasites. An SD Set Aside Hearing is relatively informal and should not bcause you undue stress. You will get all the help and support you need from the many folk on here who have been successful in getting SDs set aside along with na costs order against the Leeds Losers. It is very important that you ring the muppet whose name appears on the SD and ask to speak to them. Do not speak to anyone else. If the monkeys will not put you through to the organ grinder make a note of the dat and time of your call for refernce of the court. If in the unlikely event you do get through tell his/her that you will be applying to have the SD Set Aside and have no further conversation or discussion with them.

Do you mind me asking but who is the alleged debt with

OK, the date on the demand is 18th nov, we doidnt get it until 27th, called the court and they said they need the set aside forms in on monday so we have the weekend to sort it out, ill b ion here askign for advice..thanks once again.

As there is a degree of urgency here, if you dont get a response to your queries say within a couple of hours then hit the red and white triangle at the left side of the screen at the bottom of your name/avatar.

This will flag your post up for the site team.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I'm very concerned about the payment your wife made under duress, was it 2004? Sorry I'm too lazy to read back lol...

Here it is BB..

she last made a payment in 2008 as she couldnt afford anymore.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Apologies, in between the fridge and the puter!

This it?

one was made in 2004 and the next in 2008..thats y we thought it wasnt statute barred because my wife agreed a silly amount before we got wise to these cretins, she has had an interim order throught he post dated 18th Nov..she got off the phone and cried they were gonna bankcrupt her, they want me to agree to the charging order on our hoe as she failed to keep to her payments in 2008, she called them not me by the way...its hamptons. they have asked for 1100 now or else,..basically...have said they will make her bankcrupt on the fone...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

They aren't going to bankrupt her...it's empty threats and they aren't going to chase good money after bad for such an amount. It puts them on the list and does other preferred creditors a favour without a guaranteed return. It's the threat that is relied upon to make you pay up...and beg borrow or steal the money to avoid the 'shame' of bankruptcy. Problem is that shame has gone and we don't bat an eyelid at it..All respect for creditors and the courts have gone out of the window.

Beaconsman, Your wife and yourself need to realise that owing money is not a crime. If your wife was to offer £1 a month on an outstanding debt and maintained those payments, the liklihood of a company taking her to court would be tiny.... because a court only asks for repayments to be made based on an ability to pay; not what a company wants. This is irrelevant.

I paid £5 a month on an ex-repo debt of 52K for 4 years without it ever gong to court. They knew there was no more money to fund it at the time and I knew they'd be piddling in the wind by trying to get what wasn't there.... so it continued until they got fed up and asked me to settle for a teeny, tiny sum. ;)

You're in good hands with the people on this thread.... but for God's sake hang up that phone the minute you realise it's them on the end of it. Its the only way they can get away with the bowlarks they've been telling you. It would never come to you in writing because it's cr*p, simple as that. You don't need their permission to do anything.... they are debt collectors; not bailiffs. They have no right of entry into your home, can't go for a Charging Order without a CCJ (unless your wife foolishly hands it to them on a plate) and certainly can't send your wife to prison because debtors jails haven't been around for around 100 years.

Please tell your wife to stop fretting.... you've now made a legal request for the CCA... and can set aside any other rubbish they've sent you on that basis... and/or other grounds if by chance they do happen to produce something.

;)

Go back to post 42man's post #41 and read the thread he's posted on there for guidance.... I've not been through this particular procedure personally... so you might want to wait for 42man to back online to help you with it check that you're ok with everything.

It will be fine... :)

she is worried she will lose her job as she is a proffessional..wont say wot in case they read these...we to hand in the affadavit and ther set aside papers tomorrow and havent filled them in yet?..they have ssaid that can go for a charging order without a ccj, so we have sent them a cca, and SAR yesterday. can we fill in the affadavit stating it is statute barred or unenforceable?..she offered £50 a month and they declined.. but know we want to the chance to investigate it, so worth spending £10 on the SAR...we need help with the forms now and anything else we need to do, do we state on the affidavit that the debt is contested?

Good morning.

Please we know how you are feeling, however please get hold of your wife and ask her to post herself it will help be assured just get her on here and we will do the rest..

Take controll now

i will keep a look out

lilly white

Hi, beaconsman.

Site Team are aware, hopefully someone will help shortly.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

..they have ssaid that can go for a charging order without a ccj,

Yes well, they would say that... :rolleyes:... on the 'phone, no doubt. Stop talking to them on the 'phone and you won't have to listen to this kind of sh*t. The only way they can get a CO without a CCJ is if your wife signs and gives it to them.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks