• Tweets

• My IVA which I began in 2021 has for around a year now been passed to credit expert - I find this company and it's staff obnoxious and insensitive money grabbing monsters.  What is my legal right can I have my IVA moved to another ip what happens if Hanover sell my file?  I am ina real bad situation where my kids are unwell and this crest expert supervisor is saying I should try more than what I agreed despite my situation being very bad and kids unwell.   I feel like they are bullying me and I duh I where to turn.  I keep getting emails saying we at credit expert are in charge of your iva now but still I got messages about my review annual from Hanover which I sent documents and now I got a response from credit expert saying they think I agreed to pay more - how ludicrous is that how can I keep these bullies at bay.   Who can I complain too without messing up my IVA.  I'm going to post below what they sent me please someone help me as they are making me suicidal now. These evil people g coincidently all Indians with weak English which is another issue as communication feels like a battle each time.    Good afternoon,   We hope you are keeping well.   In accordance with the terms of your voluntary arrangement you a required to comply with the following modification:   The debtor must seek to either obtain full time employment or improve self employed income to equivalent thereof as soon as possible and a full review of the debtor’s income and expenditure must be undertaken by the supervisor. The contributions shall increase after taking into account any increased costs in respect of travel and should commence in the month following the review. If any instances of co-habitation with the debtor by any person aged 18 or over occur during the term of this arrangement and where there is reasonable expectation that board and lodging should be paid, the contribution will be added into this arrangement in full. The debtor agrees to provide an income and expenditure review in the month following any loss of child related income. Any surplus identified is to be made available immediately for the benefit of unsecured creditors in the arrangement.    In order to ensure that the terms of the voluntary arrangement are adhered to, I require you to provide evidence that you complies with the above modification along with any supporting evidence.   Alternatively, if you believe you are no longer able to comply with the modification please do inform us.   I eagerly await your response to the points raised within 14 days of the date of this email.   If you have any further queries, please contact Customer Service on ‪0800 0431 431‬ or by email at [email protected].   Thank you for your comprehension.   Plese guys advice me what I can reply as I don't have any more money for these thieves and their annual review is an annual monster nightmare how can I tell them I'm not willing to be bullied and can't paid more    تھا ks   
    • Thank you. I will send letter off to Trade Centre UK today and if I don't get anywhere then I'll contact the credit company.
    • The relevant notes with regards to Reconstituted versions of an agreement if you wish to rely on an exhibit. Waksman Reconstituted Agreements.pdf
    • thank you. I assume therefore that this would be a no to mediation. I imagine it becomes very likely I will then have to physically go to court?  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, these letters go out over a couple of months from January-March, so your mum should get hers some time in that period.

(They spread them out over that period because they prompt a lot of calls to the helplines - if the DWP sent them out over a week or so the lines would be swamped for weeks.)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• 11 months later...

This is a really old post which I would like some fresh advice on please.

So the 3rd pension mentioned in post one is due to be released summer 2018. All the figures remain about the same, the lump sum is £1,520 and that will be paid as a separate payment in the summer. This bit I understand.

My mum's circumstances are still the same as in post one. I called the 3rd pension up today - please note it is a Council pension. Now I am confused and need advice based on the figures mentioned in post one and the annual pension is about £510 per year.

Council pension guy said that if all 3 pensions were under £30,000 a figure set by HMRC, then my mum would have to take a compounded pension, which I think the guy means that the two other pensions would be placed in the same pension pot giving a total annual pension of £645.40. He said in these circumstances the pensions would be calculated on longevity, interest rates etc and paid as a 'one off' payment. He also said that my mum would not have an option to take 12 monthly payments of the pension - I expect they want to do a one off payment to cut the administration costs - however, this may well take her over the Income based ESA entitlement.

Based on the above, and the fact that I am confused and cannot find a calculator to calculate an approximate figure of how much the lump sum pension would be, can anyone else help me? BTW my mum is 62. I understand that they will deduct £1 for £1 from my mum's IB ESA, but would like an idea on how much the one off lump sum they would pay to clear the 3 pensions off given my mum's age.

Any help much appreciated as I am really confused.

First, I think the Council pension guy may not be right. I have a number of small pensions each paid by a different company and nobody has made me 'compound' them, though one is only paid annually because it's a very small amount. Could you speak to PensionWise perhaps? Did he perhaps suggest she withdraw the whole amount as a lump sum and forgo any pension? I know the pension rules have changed enormously and there may be other options, though I don't think they would affect pensions already in payment.

Second, it shouldn't make any difference whether the pension is paid annually, quarterly or monthly - if there is any reduction due to her ESA, it will be based on the equivalent weekly amount.

Third, any lump sum should be treated as capital not income.

I'm not a pension expert but I got a written quote from my providers which set out exactly how much my lump sum would be and how much the pension would be well in advance of when it was due to start, have you asked for a quote?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Thanks RMW and Honeybee for your valuable information. I did speak to Pension Advisory yesterday and they said the same as RMW that the Local Government Pension Scheme my mum has this small pension with, that she should NOT be made to take it as one lump sum and as she left that job in 1998 she should have been offered the pension under the 'guaranteed minimum pension rule' at 60 as opposed to this coming summer when she will be 62. They have advised I get back to the LGP department and query this. Pension Advisory said if the LGP insisted my mum would have to take the lump sum pay off they would help defend the case.

I called LGP and they are preparing a profile of this pension. They said the way their pension scheme is managed, it is this summer when my mum should receive the pension, despite me saying that under the guaranteed minimum pension rule she should have received it at 60. To be fair the lady was very helpful and she did say that pensions and all the different changes were very complex and her and her manager would be taking a close look. She also said the pension may fall under 'trivial comutation' (up to £30,000) hence the reason to pay my mum off in one go, although, I on my mum's behalf can request that she is paid monthly as the pension is index linked. She said it was the pensions management rules that all pensions that fall under trivial comutation are paid off in on lump sum.

This is very stressful as I don't really understand, I mean, can the LGP Management make their own rules about retirement age, guaranteed minimum pension states she should have took it at 60 - they are adament the answer is 'no' and that when the calculations are done she will be almost made to take this lump sum unless the Senior Pension Managers overturn the decision upon a written appeal.

Thanks for your help.

Fwiw, I agree with your take on this joe. I don't see how they can dictate to your mum. If TPAS say they'll back you, I think that's really important. It'll be good to have them on board and you never know, you might help other employees who are being made to take options they don't want.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I now know that the lump sum pension my mother will receive after tax deduction will be around £10,750 which should be paid in June 2018. She is claiming Income Based ESA – I am her DWP Appointee. This amount will take her over the £6K threshold by about £4,750.

I have some questions if anyone can advise me please.

Universal Credit rolls out in our area in May this year. When I advise the DWP of this lump sum pension, will they try to make me claim Universal Credit for my mum?

My mum claims full Housing and Council Tax Benefit – will this be reduced in any way?

When the lump sum goes into my mum’s account it will pay off her overdraft, will the DWP class it as deprivation of capital or would the overdraft reduce the £4,750 approx figure over the threshold?

Can I use this money within reason, to purchase things which will make her life better? Can anyone advise of the items that would not be classed as deprivation?

Thanks for any advice.

Another quick question as I am useless at maths. I understand that my mum's IB ESA will reduce £1 for every £250 over the 6K threshold, so based on this, how much ever 2 weeks will be deducted of her ESA of £370.80 that she currently gets?

Please is there anyone who can answer my questions in posts 16 & 17 I would be very grateful.

Also another quick question about IB ESA and Universal Credits. UC rolls out in our area in May 2018 for new claims. My mums IB ESA is awarded until 2019 when I expect to receive her ESA50. As UC will be out in our area by then, when the ESA 50 arrives will they class it as a 'new' claim even though she is already receiving IB ESA?

Thanks in advance for any advice on these posts.

Hi Joe.

I'm sorry you're waiting for answers. Your questions are fairly complex, so not everyone on the forum will know the answers. Have you tried a benefit calculator like Entitledto to give you an idea?

As I said before, your mum may not have to take the tax-free cash from the pension if she doesn't want it. Most private and company schemes I've seen don't make you take cash out and you can just opt for the pension.

HB

Thanks for your response Honeybee. The pension is sorted, it's a Local Government Pension Scheme and they operate under the HMRC £30,000 threshold relating to trivial commutation - this I now understand and she will have to take the lump sum.

I have called both the ESA dept and Universal Credit dept and believe it or not, they could not answer any of my questions!! ESA even said my mum would lose her Housing and Council Tax.

This is why I've posted on the forum as I feel people on here have more knowledge than the people at the DWP.

Thanks for your response Honeybee. The pension is sorted, it's a Local Government Pension Scheme and they operate under the HMRC £30,000 threshold relating to trivial commutation - this I now understand and she will have to take the lump sum.

Apologies, I'd forgotten that. Did you get anywhere with TPAS about whether they can force her to commute the pension?

I'd still suggest running the scenario through a benefits checker, it could be useful.

HB

TPAS are looking into it, but they say it's likely the law has changed since the 1990's, anyway after thinking about it, it would work out around £40 per month and I am going to need to produce a P.60 every year as it's index linked, so the advice is take the lump sum.

I've also had a go on the calculator, but some of the questions are more specific and would be grateful for clarification from people on here who have the knowledge as obviously the calculator does not answer these questions although it was more useful than the DWP and UC.

So if anyone can offer advice on posts 16, 17 & 18 it would be much appreciated.

Another quick question as I am useless at maths. I understand that my mum's IB ESA will reduce £1 for every £250 over the 6K threshold, so based on this, how much ever 2 weeks will be deducted of her ESA of £370.80 that she currently gets?

You said she will be over the £6000 threshold by £4750 or thereabouts. So we divide £4750 by 250 to get £19. This is the weekly amount that would be deducted, so per fortnight it would be £38 from her £370.80, leaving £332.80.

Your other questions:

Universal Credit rolls out in our area in May this year. When I advise the DWP of this lump sum pension, will they try to make me claim Universal Credit for my mum?

UC rollout is, well, confusing. Actually, it's a farce. But in general, you would not be expected to claim it unless entitlement to the other benefit (such as ESA) actually ends. The lump sum won't end ESA entitlement, so I don't think UC will be an issue.

My mum claims full Housing and Council Tax Benefit – will this be reduced in any way?

As long as she maintains some entitlement to income related ESA, HB will not be reduced. Council Tax Reduction will probably not be affected either but each council makes its own rules on that.

When the lump sum goes into my mum’s account it will pay off her overdraft, will the DWP class it as deprivation of capital or would the overdraft reduce the £4,750 approx figure over the threshold?

Can I use this money within reason, to purchase things which will make her life better? Can anyone advise of the items that would not be classed as deprivation?

Trickier to answer. There are no hard and fast rules for deprivation - each case is treated on its merits. So we can't say for sure what will be treated as reasonable. Paying off debts that are due would certainly be OK, but paying off debts early, perhaps not. Household repairs, yes, adaptions for a disability would almost certainly be OK too. Replacing an old wreck of a car would be fine, buying a brand new BMW - maybe not. It all comes down to what a Decision Maker sees as reasonable in the circumstances.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Also another quick question about IB ESA and Universal Credits. UC rolls out in our area in May 2018 for new claims. My mums IB ESA is awarded until 2019 when I expect to receive her ESA50. As UC will be out in our area by then, when the ESA 50 arrives will they class it as a 'new' claim even though she is already receiving IB ESA?

Thanks in advance for any advice on these posts.

Sorry, missed this one. The answer is that as things stand, an ESA50 would not make it a new claim and so UC would not be an issue. My only slight concern is that the rules for the UC rollout keep changing, so I wouldn't like to say for sure that things will not have changed a year down the line. But for now, the WCA process does not count as ending the claim.