There is one things which DCA's are afraid of...

Readalot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is one things which DCA's are afraid of...

One observation I made based on my numerous phone conversations with various banks collection departments and DCA's.

They are afraid of their phone calls being recorded.

I have a truecall unit installed and recording all the conversation (best 100£ I ever spend, on one of credit cards without CCA :) )

I also gave a 0871 number to all the DCA's and banks. I can at any time change whether all calls to this 0871 number are transferred to my home line or to voice-mail or whatever. Hence I basically can take (or not) phone call from DCA's as I please. Lately I do sometimes take their calls just for fun of quoting legislation and case law to the monkeys on the other end as well as referring them to specific paragraphs of letters I've sent them half a year ago and observing their reaction.

Usually when I grow tired of a pointless discussion with a low IQ idiots who unable to maintain an intelligent conversation I tell them 'ohh by the way I am recording this conversation'. Every time, without a single exception, they hang up or put me on an endless hold within 30 seconds after that.

I do not mind being on hold, due to satisfaction knowing that they pay 10p per minute. (google 'free 0871 number' or something like that if you want get such service for free, you actually could get paid 2-3p per minute of calls to such 0871 number)

Conclusions:

1. They know that they act unlawfully when they call and bamboozle you with waffle and they are trying to avoid any paper trail on this.

2. If you want them to hang up, tell them that you are recoding, even if you don't.

3. Do not talk with them unless you are recording.

--------------------------------------------------

Yorkshire Bank ~1200£ of charges reclaimed many moons ago, settled out of court

HSBC ~350£ of charges reclaimed many moons ago, settled out of court

HSBC ~4000£ flexiloan CCA request sent May 2009, 'sorry, we do not have your CCA' letter received June 2009, AccountInDispute letter sent.

HSBC ~9000£ CC CCA request sent May 2009, no response, AccountInDispute letter sent.

HSBC - preliminary letter for about 300£ of unfair charges plus interest sent May 2009, LBA sent June 2009, N1 POC and Schedule of charges submitted July 2009

Egg - CCA, SAR, "no more calls" letter, DMP offer sent July 2009. Got a DN from Egg - wont say a word on this one until court papers are received.

Ok all of the above.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Errr... how about getting sacked 'cos you can't make target.

The usless twerps are at the bottom of the pile anyway, that's why they wound up there, prospect are grim.:-o

All those people at work thought were mates, are now on the phone demanding money from them:eek::eek:

.......and some barsteward has just reposessed the Corsa:-o:-o:-o

Keeps you awake at nights thinking about the poor sods.

Well, it is difficult to get some zzzzzzzzz's when you can't stop laughing :lol::lol::lol:

David

You dont need to folk out £100 on that thing to make them believe your recording. Just tell them you are and it works just as well and is £100 cheaper.

True, but transcripts of all that drivel they tell you might well worth weight of this truecall unit in gold.

HSBC ~4000£ flexiloan CCA request sent May 2009, 'sorry, we do not have your CCA' letter received June 2009, AccountInDispute letter sent.

HSBC ~9000£ CC CCA request sent May 2009, no response, AccountInDispute letter sent.

HSBC - preliminary letter for about 300£ of unfair charges plus interest sent May 2009, LBA sent June 2009, N1 POC and Schedule of charges submitted July 2009

Egg - CCA, SAR, "no more calls" letter, DMP offer sent July 2009. Got a DN from Egg - wont say a word on this one until court papers are received.

Do you have to tell them you are recording a call, and if they say that you can't, how can you bamboozle them back with legislation?

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

yep, as Woody said... laugh in their face

The DCA's make laws up as they go along.

Its a culture shock to them when they are forced to comply with real laws :rolleyes:

Oh wow They actually know how to do things like make up laws. They must be inteligant.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.