Internet Trolls - An Opinion

F_DCAs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The AIC one was so obvious I did a troll alert which was terribly alarming for the OP, but I think she was okay about it in the end. :) New posters can be sucked in by someone appearing to be reasonable and empathetic - unlike the rest of us who have seen it all before. :D

Then we all have a duty to look after newbies and make sure they are not sucked in by a troll.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I HATE TROLLS :mad:

Alot of them are just people like us, in debt up to the eyes, but they just write things to cause arguments. Gives them some kinda kick. They dont realise they are pathetic morons. They actually think they are funny.:confused:

No problem. Whocallsme took down most of the offensive ones (some of which were mine), but so were virtually all of Lowells.

I think that the companies themselves are looking for an outlet to spew their bile and pent-up anger that things aren't going so well for them now as they were in the past.

They're first off the mark to judge others, but are obsessively over-sensitive when such criticism gets levelled back at them.

I don't think they even have the right to have such an outlet, and am going to try and deny them even that voice.

Then, sit back, enjoy myself, and watch them work themselves up to an imminent closure.

Welcome, eh? I would have thought all their time would be dedicated to trying to keep their company afloat.

Oh no, they've failed to do that. Ah well, they won't be long in vanishing from the face of the Earth.

how can they be human being for choosing to do such a job?!?!

My opinions are my own and not those of anyone else :D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< If you find me helpful please click on my scales

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/credit-reference-agencies/211007-equifax-your-time-has.html

SIGN THE PETITION TO STOP CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES RECORDING DATA WHEN NO CREDIT AGREEMENT EXISTS - SEE FORUM POST

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ml#post2370021

If I worked for a DCA (now that could be a good thread for the Bear Garden...) I would reset their threatomatic machines and make sure I employed people who could

a) read a simple English phrase and NOT intepret it in six different ways in the same letter

b) learn how to switch the threatomatic machine OFF

c) make sure they had all the information they needed before making a call

d) not go for marking your credit files because THEY CAN

e) follow the OFT guidelines to the LETTER....

Trolls would be employed as they could be useful in standing over an employee who HASNT obeyed the rules and 'letting go'... (anyone seen ELF, lovely kids film where it mentions trolls are not house trained... has me in hysterics every time).

I would also go so far as to say...it is the system in general that we have the problem with/dislike for.

The DCA's are just part of that rotten system.

The government are the one's in charge at the end of the day & they need to find other ways to sort out the rotten credit/debt system for good & then maybe, there will be no furthur need for DCA's in the future? :cool:

Its not that often that I find myself disagreeing with the famous Mr Ton.

I despise the people who work for certain DCAs. Human beings they may be but that does not give them the right to behave in an appalling manner. I am thinking in particular of the ***t from that shower in Leeds who refused to get off the phone when I was waiting on a hospital call to see if my wife's cancer had returned. He replied he didnt give a f*** about her and that the cancer was probably my fault and if I paid my bills then she wouldnt have had got cancer. Charming b*****d.

Its not that often that I find myself disagreeing with the famous Mr Ton.

I despise the people who work for certain DCAs. Human beings they may be but that does not give them the right to behave in an appalling manner. I am thinking in particular of the ***t from that shower in Leeds who refused to get off the phone when I was waiting on a hospital call to see if my wife's cancer had returned. He replied he didnt give a f*** about her and that the cancer was probably my fault and if I paid my bills then she wouldnt have had got cancer. Charming b*****d.

I believe the phrase you were looking for was 'c**k s****ng f***faced halfbrained pile of s**t staining the ar*e of humanity'

Wonder if that'll be Cagbooooooooooooooooooted :lol:

Gez

ODC...

Of course there are rogues in that industry, as there are in every walk of life.

The lowlife you spoke to was the ultimate rogue & no doubt there will be numerous more like him.

Based on your unfortunate experience, i fully understand why you loathe them all.

But loads of them will not be like that idiot you spoke to & will just be doing the job they are paid to do, to the best of their abilities/what they have to do etc...

I would feel exactly the same if i was spoken to like that by a DCA monkey or anyone else for that matter.

But generally speaking - it is the system (which they are a part of) that is rotten, not the people specifically, with exception to the above of course.

The system and indeed the companies they work for actively encourage them to behave in an aggressive manner to get money out of people. The threat monkeys will do anything to boost their commission so as they can go out at the weekend with their pre pubescent mates and drink their alcopops. If they are really lucky Andy B will let them have a turn in the Crystal Maze.

They work for a greed driven industry whose sole reason for existance is to make huge sums of money out of peoples misfortune. They dont care what they do to acheive this. Where else would you get people demanding money and threatening you with all sorts of retribution if you dont pay up. The debt may be long Statute Barred or they have no paperwork to back it up but they still DEMAND payment and issue threats.

The only other people who behave like this are gangsters who run protection rackets.

The people who own some of Britains leading DCAs are in my opinion o better than gangsters. They know full well what their threat monkeys are up to but as long as the money ois rolling in they are happy to turn a blind eye.

The Debt collection industry has no redeeming features whatsoever

• Haha 1

I want to see the whole DCA industry cease to exist completely = full stop.

Then examples like ODC's unfortunate experience will hopefully never happen to anyone else.

The government is in charge at the end of the day, so its up to them & us (as the electorate) to bring about the end of the industry completely.

Internet Trolls are probably just very insecure people who want to be big-shots in real life, but somehow just don't seem to manage it. They are either the slimey toad employee who sits in the corner picking his nose and no one else wants to work with him, or the loud mouthed look at me type who uses the internet to voice his unwanted real life opinions.

However, that said, I look on them as being a little like terrorists (sorry if the comparison seems a little extreme), but often their intention to cause chaos, resentment and hurt turns into a situation where people end up pulling together to help one another, thus their tactics have failed.

There was an excellent discussion recently on CAG about depression. It was started by a troll who was obviously using his wind up ploy to say that most people with depression were probably swinging the lead. To say that his attempt at trolldom backfired on him is an understatement. Definately a case of Caggers 1 - Troll 0.

The trolls on here specifically are mostly people who work in the industry to one extent or another & come on here to voice their anger at what they see is the reason for why their industry is in decline, namely sites like CAG.

At the end of the day, we are a threat to their way of life & profits etc..

My advice to them is - get out of that industry & go do something else/go start a new career instead of taking your anger out on here :)

I don't blame you for feeling that way ODC. How can that guy even live with himself after an unfeeling, deeply insensitive statement like that? It never ceases to amaze me how low these people will sink for pennies.

And the credit industry (a contradictory turn-of-phrase if ever there was one!) wonders why it's regarded with such contempt?

Totally agree with what's been said about DCAs. My poor mother got into debt, and was dealing with one such outfit who used known bullying tactics. I wish I'd known about this site then......however, after one bullying telephone call I wrote a letter stating they were talking with an elderly woman and if the calls continued I would sue them for harassment and no further payments would be made and we'd see what a court would say.

A couple of days later someone from this company telephoned me and apologised for their tactics, adding that "it was not company policy to bully". (and pigs fly all over the place!!!)

The calls have started again recently as they try to increase payments. I've told my mother not to answer their "security" questions and put the phone down.

They are a bunch of parasites.

They'd be less aggressive if they weren't on commission. The banks are encouraging this appalling behaviour by working with companies that employ people on this basis.

Before I found CAG I was absolutely terrified by AIC (Mr AG to be precise and one of the nastiest out there - charging orders, bankruptcy, everything, and the whole process being started the very next day) and of course they wanted me to do anything to pay them because they had added about £1,400 to the original amount claimed by the card company as their "referral fee".

As long as I live I will never forget the night of complete and utter despair I had after his call. Didn't sleep, just cried and cried and cried. I hate him as much as you hate your guy, ODC, and I don't accept for one minute that he was just doing his job - he was loving it.

DD