Why don't people donate?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there an address that people could send payments to by postal order.

Maybe next time people go to the post office to send off a recorded delivery letter they could send CAG a postal order.

I have donated £20 in the last week and will be donating more in the near future, thanks to the excellent help & advice I have been given!!

CAG has helped so many people, so why dont we have a day say the 1st June where everyone can make every effort to make a donation!

keep up the good work!

Johno

Have asked for you johno. I did have the address filed somewhere.. in one of those safe places:rolleyes:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The address is:

Reclaim the Right Ltd.

923 Finchley Road,

London, NW11 7PE

Make the cheque/Postal Order to Reclaim the Right Ltd

I had to go back miles for that !!

We should have it on the top of the pages really

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Mr Lex, have copied and pasted to another "safe place":rolleyes:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The address is:

Reclaim the Right Ltd.

923 Finchley Road,

London, NW11 7PE

Make the cheque/Postal Order to Reclaim the Right Ltd

I had to go back miles for that !!

We should have it on the top of the pages really

The address is at the bottom of most of the pages anyway :-|

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

The address is at the bottom of most of the pages anyway :-|

So it is, that is priceless, :D:D

BCOBS

Thanks Foxy my friend :D

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I feel guilty now after reading what people have donated. I only donated £2 when I joined last month, as that is all I had.

Will try to donate £3 for the following months in future.

I don't think its how much you donate, its the fact that you do and I'm sure the site team appreciate a small regular donation just as much as large one-offs! If everyone made a small donation every month I'm sure that would cover all operational costs. Just donate what you can afford when you can afford it. That's the best we can all do...

Here are links to my other threads... Please take a look and offer any help you can. Thanks...

1. Legal Action - Cabot Financial (Goldfish Account) ***WON***

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?252630-Urgent-Help-Required-With-Disclosure-***WON***&highlight=

2. Legal Action - Set aside application - Marlins/Phoenix

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?265002-Set-aside-of-judgement-(acceptance)-help-needed&highlight=

3. Legal Action - Set Aside Default Judgement -Santander (B & Q Store Card)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?261340-Urgent-Help-required-drafting-defence-for-set-aside-application&highlight

You can make a donation here:

I feel guilty now after reading what people have donated. I only donated £2 when I joined last month, as that is all I had.

Will try to donate £3 for the following months in future.

Joe, thank you for your donation. It matters not the size, all donations are welcome and equally valuable :)

Well said Colin :)

BCOBS

Ps.. I`d hate to see this site go down to lack of funds.

Well said Joe. That's why we ALL need to help..

Here are links to my other threads... Please take a look and offer any help you can. Thanks...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?252630-Urgent-Help-Required-With-Disclosure-***WON***&highlight=

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?265002-Set-aside-of-judgement-(acceptance)-help-needed&highlight=

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?261340-Urgent-Help-required-drafting-defence-for-set-aside-application&highlight

we should have some kind of fund raising event

i think a lot people are willing to donate but forget :oops:

what aboout a quiz night in the bear garden one night or a collectrion at a cag meet

marketing needed for cag!!

These are great ideas - as are other suggestions in this thread - but they need organising. We would always be happy for anyone who wants to organise something to raise a bit of revenue.

Passing the hat round and any CAG meets does seem a very easy thing to do and could produce some helpful results.

I've posted this before, but as Vodafone has a web-team that frequent this forum with the aim of solving customer problems (and possible a bit of good PR for them) couldn't CAG get a sponsored link to Vodafone?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I did donate when I managed to get back nearly £400 in charges a few years back but have been broke since, but when i have had a few bob spare donating on here hasn't crossed my mind. I will make an effort to do so in future.

Any idea how many active users we ahve at the moment who have posted in the last 3 months?

Don't know, but people do donate when and what they can afford. I donated £50 about 4 weeks ago and £10 at the beginning of this week. Will continue to make small donations when I can.

I too couldn't afford to donate prior to now, but having just received some PPI refunds have just donated £50 in the last week and hope to be able to donate some more when other expected refunds from LTSB materialise. I also think the idea of an optional £5 membership fee would be a good idea ;-)

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Any idea how many active users we ahve at the moment who have posted in the last 3 months?

Not sure, but if even a tenth of all registered users (261,080) donated just £1 we wouldn't have a problem.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Maybe if it was encouraged for people to set up a standing order for £1, then there may be less of an issue. At least with a standing ordeer you are in control and can cancel at any time. I would not mind doing this at all and at least that way I would remember to give back something.

Maybe if it was encouraged for people to set up a standing order for £1, then there may be less of an issue. At least with a standing ordeer you are in control and can cancel at any time. I would not mind doing this at all and at least that way I would remember to give back something.

I think someone posted a way of setting up a standing order to pay CAG paypal account- it might be on this thread somewhere - I'll have a look.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I don't think that's anything to be ashamed of. I donate when I have the money to spare (admittedly, as I've been out of work for 9 months, that's a bit difficult at the moment)