OPC - Ingress Park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am the Old Worcester referred to by bigglesnooker recently. I am going to court on the 13th July and thought I would let you know as this is a very helpful forum.

Thank you

Colin

Lost the case I'm afraid. Hope I wasn't the first although I probably was. Appealing is really expensive it seems.

The only pleasure I got out of it was the solicitor's face (OPC) when the magistrate was summing up the money (£155) and she, the solicitor, said and my costs as well. The magistrate seemed to get pleasure out of saying to her "This is a small claims court, you don't get fees"

Surely the solicitor would have known that? I wonder if OPC will have to pay her as they appointed her.

Colin

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lost the case I'm afraid. Hope I wasn't the first although I probably was. Appealing is really expensive it seems.

The only pleasure I got out of it was the solicitor's face (OPC) when the magistrate was summing up the money (£155) and she, the solicitor, said and my costs as well. The magistrate seemed to get pleasure out of saying to her "This is a small claims court, you don't get fees"

Surely the solicitor would have known that? I wonder if OPC will have to pay her as they appointed her.

Colin

Are you sure it was a magistrate? I thought they only dealt with criminal cases.

Colin

sniff sniff Troll?

why would a magistrate be in a small claims court ?????
Probably because to people inexperienced at court, the words magistrate and judge are interchangeable

sniff sniff Troll?

its Perky

dont think we will hear any more from he/she/it/troll

If i was the OP, I wouldn't either after knee-jerk reactions like these

Are you sure it was a magistrate? I thought they only dealt with criminal cases.

My inexperience showing there as come to think of it that is an assumption on my part about being a magistrate. However, I did loose the case and I thought I was fairly well prepared.

Someone asked how much OPC were awarded. £100 plus interest plus £50 costs = £155.44.

As I mentioned the solicitor got nothing and didn't look too happy about it.

Grounds to the best of my memory - Basically OPC offered a load of pictures of parking signs as their defence (none near where I parked). She couldn't even say where they were as she was not familiar with the area.

Judge ? - said although he appreciated that no provision appears to have been made for OWs to visit and park anywhere near their memorial he inferred that I would have seen at least one sign even the one in my picture in the distance. Therefore, OPC have a legal right to the money. I said I saw no signs as I was not from the area and visiting the site of my old ship HMS Worcester I was not looking for any signs.

That's the gist of it really. I would like to appeal but it costs money.

My main feeling coming out of this is that I have been called a liar and I don't like that at all.

Colin

My inexperience showing there as come to think of it that is an assumption on my part about being a magistrate. However, I did loose the case and I thought I was fairly well prepared.

Someone asked how much OPC were awarded. £100 plus interest plus £50 costs = £155.44.

As I mentioned the solicitor got nothing and didn't look too happy about it.

Grounds to the best of my memory - Basically OPC offered a load of pictures of parking signs as their defence (none near where I parked). She couldn't even say where they were as she was not familiar with the area.

Judge ? - said although he appreciated that no provision appears to have been made for OWs to visit and park anywhere near their memorial he inferred that I would have seen at least one sign even the one in my picture in the distance. Therefore, OPC have a legal right to the money. I said I saw no signs as I was not from the area and visiting the site of my old ship HMS Worcester I was not looking for any signs.

That's the gist of it really. I would like to appeal but it costs money.

My main feeling coming out of this is that I have been called a liar and I don't like that at all.

Colin

Can the more experienced posters exlpain how this judgement could have gone against the OP as it does not make much sense to me

From what I have seen on this site, there are no arguments that the [problematic] can use that can cause any one in a county court to find in their favour unless you fail to turn up. So I am very curious because this seems to be the first defended case ever won, or am I mistaken.

Either Colin is telling fibs (if you are not I appologise) or he is a troll. So what is he Troll or Unlucky (cue Harry Enfield)

No I am not telling fibs. And what is a troll with reference to me ?

Colin

That is a bit severe and uncalled for. let Colin tell us. No defence against OPC that has come from CAG has failed that we know of..

Thanks for that. I had no defence from here but I may have been more successful if I had. I think the Judge latched onto one photo that I took that showed a sign in the distance. I hadn't seen the sign myself and had no idea what was on it. Maybe one should not be honest enough to incriminate ones self.

Colin

From what I have seen on this site, there are no arguments that the [problematic] can use that can cause any one in a county court to find in their favour unless you fail to turn up. So I am very curious because this seems to be the first defended case ever won, or am I mistaken.

I probably just did it wrong. Just tried to be straight and honest, probably not the best way to be these days.

Colin

No I am not telling fibs. And what is a troll with reference to me ?

Colin

In this context, they are effectively accusing you of being an OPC mole, which I don't believe for a minute.

Personally I think you deserve an apology form those accusers, but I doubt that will happen, so I apologise on their behalf.